Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay marriage be overturned?
Yes 149 27.80%
No 387 72.20%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 03:32 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Trust me, not all of us gays want to be married, trust me on that.

it isn't for the marriage thing itself, it is for legal reasons, like making medial choices and assets upon ones death, that's all it is really for.

trust me, as a gay man, i hate being married, it sucks and like I had stated earlier in this post, I get absolutley zero benefit from it, absolutley zero.
I was pressured into it, and it was for medical reasons, not out of being madly in love

so, I'm basically just sitting around waiting for one of us to die.
You don't have to stay legally married; you are free to legally end your marriage.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:06 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,182,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
How in the world anyone could think that two gay people getting married affects anyone else is something I'll never understand. If you think gay marriage will undermine your own marriage, your faith, your kids, and your values, then you must be a very unstable, unhappy, and miserable human being. Grow a pair and try to keep your nose out of everyone else's business. You'll be a whole lot happier.
It's the legal benefits that the Government affords married couples. Adding people who normally would not be considered married puts more of a strain on the budget. Since gay couples can be legally married and have what straight couples have it puts a strain on the budget to add more money to include more people to get those benefits. Since the government can't get the money without taxing more $$ to pay for it they will take away what straight married couples have been getting all along. I personally never understood why a spouse is included and not just the employee. Especially when we live in a society where spouses work outside the home and get a paycheck to add to the household with or without having children. Couples always get double of everything but single people don't. Gay married couples do not want to be treated like the discriminated, left out single people are.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:14 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,182,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
no go a step further get the govt out of marriage completely let the churches, synagogues, mosques and temples regulate marriages in their religious communities.
What makes you assume marriage is only for religious reasons? Just because people choose to marry in the above religious buildings and beliefs that doesn't automatically mean marriage is just religious ceremony.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
It's the legal benefits that the Government affords married couples. Adding people who normally would not be considered married puts more of a strain on the budget. Since gay couples can be legally married and have what straight couples have it puts a strain on the budget to add more money to include more people to get those benefits. Since the government can't get the money without taxing more $$ to pay for it they will take away what straight married couples have been getting all along. I personally never understood why a spouse is included and not just the employee. Especially when we live in a society where spouses work outside the home and get a paycheck to add to the household with or without having children. Couples always get double of everything but single people don't. Gay married couples do not want to be treated like the discriminated, left out single people are.
Oh please. This is the lamest justification for denying equal rights that I have ever seen.

Those "discriminated against, left out single people" are free to marry if they choose. Or should I say "if we choose", since I am legally single too.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:32 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
Legalize ALL marriage.
Fair is fair. Equality and NO discrimination.
I would like to marry my goat. And my sister.
Love knows no boundaries or borders. Or common sense apparently.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Legalize ALL marriage.
Fair is fair. Equality and NO discrimination.
I would like to marry my goat. And my sister.
Love knows no boundaries or borders. Or common sense apparently.
I don't think making such a statement qualifies one to judge common sense. Are goats people? Are sisters close biological relatives? Every adult ought to be able to answer these questions correctly.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:39 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I don't think making such a statement qualifies one to judge common sense. Are goats people? Are sisters close biological relatives? Every adult ought to be able to answer these questions correctly.
It doesn’t matter. Love is love no matter what.
I’d also love to marry my truck, because it is probably my number one love.
It should be entitled to all the benefits of being a married couple.
And it would hopefully stop those extended warranty people from calling us.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:41 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Get back with me in 5-10 years and we’ll see what the lefty social justice extremists are saying then.
Most likely, they’ll allow all of it and chalk it up to some sort of confusion that should be embraced rather than getting true help.
They'll get to be the adults, and those of us who won't comply with these thought police will be judged as bigots, haters, etc.

Last edited by sub; 07-05-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-05-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
It doesn’t matter. Love is love no matter what.
I’d also love to marry my truck, because it is probably my number one love.
It should be entitled to all the benefits of being a married couple.
And it would hopefully stop those extended warranty people from calling us.
Thank you for demonstrating again that you are unable to apply logic, just in case we missed it the first time.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Get back with me in 5-10 years and we’ll see what the lefty social justice extremists are saying then.
Most likely, they’ll allow all of it and chalk it up to some sort of confusion that should be embraced rather than getting true help.
They'll get to be the adults, and those of us who won't comply with these thought police will be judged as bigots, haters, etc.
OK. And when none of this has happened, then what? These arguments are not new or original. It's been far more than 5-10 years since they were first advanced, and yet nothing has come of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies