Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 12:53 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sadly, too many of the ones who want to eliminate abortion are the same ones who say "not my problem" after the baby is born to someone who is incapable if caring for it. You know, the people who don't want their tax dollars going towards feeding hungry babies, otherwise known as welfare or WIC for infants. .
That's a lie. We the taxpayers have paid for decades for massive welfare and earned income credits (government actual gives money for children that parents never paid in taxes) So stop insulting the taxpayers that We don't pay enough or don't care.

Old 06-26-2022, 12:55 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sadly, too many of the ones who want to eliminate abortion are the same ones who say "not my problem" after the baby is born to someone who is incapable if caring for it. You know, the people who don't want their tax dollars going towards feeding hungry babies, otherwise known as welfare or WIC for infants. .
Here we go again

This strawman argument has been debunked and discussed at great lengths on prior pages. I suggest you read those posts and get back to us instead of rehashing the same hail mary excuses.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:04 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let's try this again:

This ruling means the issue goes back to the states. That means that the people will choose, for their state, who they want to vote for, as state politicians won't be able to hide behind this anymore.

It will no longer be forced by the fed gubmint and leave people with no choice in deciding what they will and/or won't allow in their state.

Not sure why you don't understand that.
Oh, I do understand the argument, I just don't agree with it. The effected uterus does not belong to "the people", so the decision does not belong to "the people".

Old 06-26-2022, 01:10 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Prior to this ruling, the right to an abortion was protected by the Constitution. Now it is not. END OF STORY. When you don't hear more from me, it is not because you won this argument. It is because I will waste no more time arguing with morons.
the RIGHT to an abortion was NEVER mentioned, nor protected by the Constitution

a legal case, having NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSTITUTION is what r-v-w was

maybe you should take up civics and learn something

Old 06-26-2022, 01:16 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, indeed.

We have veterans and others living on the street, mothers and children living in cars, we have all sorts of vulnerable folks who our society has turned its back on.

Now we will have more.

What are the chances that Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, ... are going to step up and care for all these children?

Those with friends, money, connections, will be able to get to a safe, medical abortion.

What about the more vulnerable citizens?
Indeed. What about the 13 million children in this country living with food insecurity? What are our plans to address the problem? We don't have any.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:27 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Did you try to travel or go into a Fed building? Your local Fed did not enforce the rules, which did not mean it did not exist
You had a choice whether or not to go into the Fed building. Nobody was making you go in there so nobody was making you wear a mask.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You had a choice whether or not to go into the Fed building. Nobody was making you go in there so nobody was making you wear a mask.
wasnt/is your son in the military?? then he was/is mandated to get the vaccine

Old 06-26-2022, 01:29 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
In two instances they said the opposite and the most recent visit on that topic of abortion was 30 years ago and the vote was 5-4. Seemed to be close to getting overturned 20 years after Roe. So now it's 5-4 the other way and now in your opinion it was egregiously wrong? Don't make me laugh.

Since the job of the Supreme Court is to accurately interpret the constitution perhaps you can provide proof where it states the right to privacy, or better yet stipulate the right to abortion. I'll wait
I just wonder why it took 50 years to overturn it. Not to mention the conservative justices who were recently confirmed saying they recognized it as precedent.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol, that's a load of BS.

Hint: It (the Constitution) does not need to say it.
Truly? Just that simple aye? Sooooo. How is the Constitution interpreted then? By what someone thinks is implied? You apparently seem to be supporting a position based on implication.

(Hint) Opinions derived via individual opinion based on what that individual feels is implied have no legal standing. That's a pretty lazy "argument". Just sayin'..

Old 06-26-2022, 01:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,906,520 times
Age old problems: what do we do with violent men, and what do we do with promiscuous women and their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies