Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 09:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Let me get this straight. "Giving the child up for adoption = barbaric. Killing the child = not barbaric."

My wife and I got a couple of puppies about a year ago. One boy and one girl. We didn't want them making puppies.
  1. Option A: Get the girl spayed and the boy neutered.
  2. Option B: Every time they have puppies, just shoot all the puppies.

One of these options is monstrous. The other is not.

PS: Of course we went with Option A.
Barbaric is forcing a woman to give birth against her will. Giving a child up against your own will isn’t a picnic.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:13 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Abortion has been around for thousands of years, so I don't think this is true at all.
Abortion has been universally condemned for almost all of human history. As recently as right before Roe v Wade, the practice was illegal pretty much everywhere.

The idea that murdering your unborn child is no big deal is completely new. Oh you might be able to dig up some weird outlier exception somewhere in human history. You could use exactly the same tactics to justify cannibalism too. But human beings have valued the sanctity of the life of the unborn as highly as or more so than those already born for a very very long time.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:14 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight. "Giving the child up for adoption = barbaric. Killing the child = not barbaric."

My wife and I got a couple of puppies about a year ago. One boy and one girl. We didn't want them making puppies.
  1. Option A: Get the girl spayed and the boy neutered.
  2. Option B: Every time they have puppies, just shoot all the puppies.

One of these options is monstrous. The other is not.

PS: Of course we went with Option A.
Adoption is fine if it is freely chosen. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:16 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Because it is against her will. Or in other words, as already stated she did not consent.
So again, you're stating that the would be mother can consent to the homicide of another? In what other instance can one person "consent" to another person being killed?

I remember slave owners claiming that right once upon a time....but that's about it.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Abortion has been universally condemned for almost all of human history. As recently as right before Roe v Wade, the practice was illegal pretty much everywhere.

The idea that murdering your unborn child is no big deal is completely new. Oh you might be able to dig up some weird outlier exception somewhere in human history. You could use exactly the same tactics to justify cannibalism too. But human beings have valued the sanctity of the life of the unborn as highly as or more so than those already born for a very very long time.
And you are basing this opinion on what?

Old 06-26-2022, 09:20 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
A 13 year old is brutally raped and becomes pregnant in a no rape exception state. She is mentally decompensating because she is being forced to give birth. Her loving caring parents take here out of state for an abortion.
Should they be prosecuted?
I don't believe they'd have jurisdiction to try them for it.

Hypothetically, if I lived in a state that had laws saying I had a duty to retreat from an attacker before using lethal force, but I traveled to a state with no such requirement and killed an attacker without attempting to retreat first, my home state could not charge me with murder. I think the same applies here. You are bound by the criminal laws of the state where the act happens.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
So again, you're stating that the would be mother can consent to the homicide of another? In what other instance can one person "consent" to another person being killed?

I remember slave owners claiming that right once upon a time....but that's about it.
Again, abortion is not homicide. A fetus is not a person.

What is a slave? A person who lacks authority over their own body. I'm glad you see the parallel too.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:21 PM

23,553 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
What an odd question to ask me. What makes you think that the situation you describe applies to me?
Meh, you're the one that thinks a work of fiction is real life.
Quote:
BTW, I see that you are posting. Earlier today you posted a link to a tiktok video about a white couple who had adopted a black baby and got some negative comments. You stated that "the liberal left" had made the negative comments, but you provided no evidence whatsoever to support your claim. I asked then and will ask again, where is your evidence? Thanks.
I was afk all afternoon. I just went back to find this particular post you are claiming you had made and I could find no such post made by you. Anyway....

Do you really think the right would harass them and tell them that because they are white then they do not know how to raise a black child to be a "strong black man"? seriously? Sorry no.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Barbaric is forcing a woman to give birth against her will. Giving a child up against your own will isn’t a picnic.
There are three or more people involved in every pregnancy.
  • The man.
  • The woman.
  • The baby/babies.
The pregnancy happened because two of these individuals were willingly participating in the process of human reproduction, knowing full well that a baby might result. The baby showed up right on cue.

The pro-abortion opinion sentences the baby to death for daring to show in precisely when biology told it to.

The pro-life opinion says that the baby's right to live supersedes the right of the mother (and father) to murder them.

Now if you happen to be the sort who wishes to repeatedly engage in the act of human reproduction, but wish to absolutely never ever succeed, then get a tubal ligation or a vasotomy for heaven's sake!! These procedures are reversable, so if you really want to rejoin the reproductive-capable of humankind later on down the road, you can. And if you want to be 100% sure you want to opt out for good, get a hysterectomy or a orchiectomy!!

Old 06-26-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
And you are basing this opinion on what?
History. Never heard of it or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies