Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 09:27 PM

22,951 posts, read 12,092,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The two greatest sins in US History:
Slavery. We made that illegal and have been trying to wipe away the stench of it constantly ever since.
Abortion. Still legal, but at long last the door is open to at least begin to stop the carnage.

Years from now, I expect people will look back in horror at the fact that more than 60 million human beings were killed by this bizarre cultish movement. And it certainly is quite interesting to note that today's supporters of abortion are just as fervent, violent and enraged as the ardent defenders of slavery were 160 years ago. They're ready to fight and die. To secede. To do whatever it takes to maintain abortion.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 7,207,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Are you OK with women not being held accountable for refusing to use cheap, affordable, and easily accessible contraceptives in the worlds richest country with men who clearly don’t want to stick around?
I've read two articles today about women who wanted their babies, but had issues. One was diagnosed with cervical cancer, the other suffered from membrane rupture.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...n-17157029.php

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...r-17213571.php

Both of those women should have had access to safe abortion immediately, without having to wait until their lives were in danger from sepsis or cancer that had progressed too far to treat.

I take it you are OK if a woman can never had a baby, because she was unable to get an abortion to resolve an issue, and ended up losing her uterus.

It's not just about women who don't want to be pregnant now. It's about women who need an abortion to avoid future issues, women who still want to have babies, but need an abortion to fix an issue, it's about doctors intimidated into not doing needed abortions because they are afraid of being sued by a zealots who think any abortion is bad, regardless of the reason.

There is no nuance with the anti-choice crowd. Since they all apparently had trouble free pregnancies, they assume every pregnancy is trouble free. That's just not the case.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:31 PM

56,911 posts, read 25,842,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..and the supremes just ruled they have less power...

you don't get that
The point was the politicization of the courts by the republicans.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:31 PM

8,830 posts, read 2,481,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Again, abortion is not homicide. A fetus is not a person.

What is a slave? A person who lacks authority over their own body. I'm glad you see the parallel too.
It literally is based on what words mean. Homicide is when a human causes the death of a human.....and they certainly would call it that if the would be mother didn't consent to her baby being killed.

There are ALWAYS limits to your authority over your body. For example, I have authority over my own body in theory, but if I use that authority over my body to cause the death of a human, it might be unlawful. Your right to bodily autonomy doesn't bestow a right to kill.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:32 PM

22,951 posts, read 12,092,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I've read two articles today about women who wanted their babies, but had issues. One was diagnosed with cervical cancer, the other suffered from membrane rupture.

Both of those women should have had access to safe abortion immediately, without having to wait until their lives were in danger from sepsis or cancer that had progressed too far to treat.

I take it you are OK if a woman can never had a baby, because she was unable to get an abortion to resolve an issue, and ended up losing her uterus.

It's not just about women who don't want to be pregnant now. It's about women who need an abortion to avoid future issues, women who still want to have babies, but need an abortion to fix an issue, it's about doctors intimidated into not doing needed abortions because they are afraid of being sued by a zealots who think any abortion is bad, regardless of the reason.

There is no nuance with the anti-choice crowd. Since they all apparently had trouble free pregnancies, they assume every pregnancy is trouble free. That's just not the case.
What states do not allow an abortion if the pregnancy endangers the womans life?

Old 06-26-2022, 09:33 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,920,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
There are three or more people involved in every pregnancy.
  • The man.
  • The woman.
  • The baby/babies.
The pregnancy happened because two of these individuals were willingly participating in the process of human reproduction, knowing full well that a baby might result. The baby showed up right on cue.

The pro-abortion opinion sentences the baby to death for daring to show in precisely when biology told it to.

The pro-life opinion says that the baby's right to live supersedes the right of the mother (and father) to murder them.

Now if you happen to be the sort who wishes to repeatedly engage in the act of human reproduction, but wish to absolutely never ever succeed, then get a tubal ligation or a vasotomy for heaven's sake!! These procedures are reversable, so if you really want to rejoin the reproductive-capable of humankind later on down the road, you can. And if you want to be 100% sure you want to opt out for good, get a hysterectomy or a orchiectomy!!
Saying yes to sex isn’t saying yes to pregnancy, labor, delivery or parenthood.

Women control their reproduction their will supersede a man’s or a fetus. She has 3 choices. Birth abortion or adoption.

Men who don’t want their babies aborted need to mind their sperm more carefully. Make sure your partner is in agreement with your wishes if an unplanned pregnancy happens. That is the man’s choice. He should act accordingly.

A fetus life doesn’t supersede a woman’s.

You may not want a child in your twenties but may want them in your thirties why should you tie your tubes or get a vasectomy. That suggestion is unrealistic.

11,162 posts, read 7,594,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Meh, you're the one that thinks a work of fiction is real life.
You need to re-read if that is what you understood. And, you did not answer my question.

Quote:
I was afk all afternoon. I just went back to find this particular post you are claiming you had made and I could find no such post made by you. Anyway....

Do you really think the right would harass them and tell them that because they are white then they do not know how to raise a black child to be a "strong black man"? seriously? Sorry no.
So you just made it up, then claimed it as fact.

Quote:
Prove that women cannot have abortions in TX right now if their pregnancy is threatening their lives.

Doctors should be able to perform abortions when there are complications before the woman gets closer to death. No woman should have to suffer and wait for some foul discharge from her vagina or other symptom of a severe infection before being able to terminate the pregnancy.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:35 PM

56,911 posts, read 25,842,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
The Roe Vs Wade has only to do with the States and not the federal government to decide on abortion laws. Nothing will stop a woman getting an abortion if she lives in Texas, she can always go to MExico, or in states where abortion is legal or Canada. BTW nothing is going to stop a woman in Texas from ordering an abortion pill online too. I believe the media has claimed and it is to ban abortion outright, and that is not the case.
There was already a case in Texas where a young girl that couldn’t afford to leave the state for an abortion. She ended up delivering twins and only has a job at $9.75 an hour. Expect more of this, this is the future in those states.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Um
That may be what the law says, the reality is different. Doctors are becoming reluctant to perform abortions until the woman is literally bleeding to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies