Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 09:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Now corporations are paying female employees to have abortions but the female employees that want to have a family, nothing. These corporations couldn't wait until the court decision settles down. They came out faster than a M-16 bullet offering their female employees to cover their abortions. Sad. Many up to $4,000 to each female employee. These people are nuts.
This didn't happen any faster than the various state trigger laws.

Anyway, corporations give their employees all kinds of perks. This is just a new one. They already cover a woman employee or spouse having a baby through their health insurance. Female employees also get maternity leave at many companies. So yes, corporations are supporting birth and abortion.

There is another thread about this if you are interested.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,941,150 times
First and foremost I hate politics but I am super angered by this past weeks decision.
There is so much hypocrisy to go around.

I could care less what certain religious types belief or disbelief. You practice what you want and what is the moral compass within your groups. That's great, I could care less, but you have no right to enforce your doctrine on those who are not members of your religion or believe in your beliefs.

Outside of your religious beliefs, there are many and numerous societal issues that where women's rights, reproductive health, and the options for abortion may (or may not) make sense. Its a very personal decision with many aspects for each individual, woman, and man to consider for a multitude of reasons. Not everyone comes from the same religion and its not your right to enforce your beliefs on others. These draconian policies disproportionately impact the poor, minorities, and under educated people who may not fully understand the impact of short-term life decisions.

Its unfair to exclude those people to have all of the options at their disposal.

When looking at this issue it is extremely unfair for a bunch of people - primarily of the "boomer" generation that are well past their child bearing years to make fundamentalist's decisions about people who are their grandkids age.

When 70% of women, and 70%_of Gen Z / millennials - who are in the prime of the reductive years, are not for restrictions in the access to abortion, its absurd for people to try to enforce their doctrine of other generations on other.

Frankly the SCOTUS, R's, Trumpers, and the religious right need to ****.

Its a deeply personal decision. And people/couples need to be able to make their own decisions based on their own personal situation, and be able to life morally with their decision.

Its not for a bunch of 60+ year old hardcore conservatives to make that decision.

QED.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:12 PM

15,425 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Idk, maybe take it up with the poster that I was responding to. That poster seems to think differently than you do.

As for your "30 days", in reality it could take up to 60 days...

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...womans-health/

And, there is still this lawsuit that could push it farther back, or maybe completely halt it...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ab...cid=uxbndlbing
That lawsuit is not challenging the trigger law, it's challenging the statement by Paxton that the old pre Roe law is in effect now and bans abortion now. That one's iffy from both directions.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:35 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nobody is upset about the statues but the republicans. Every Democrat I know would love for all of them to disappear.

I did don’t hear about statues of abolitionists being bothered. Got a link?

Also- How about the Klan and Stormfront?
Sure, but not thru violent mob violence. Geez, what can't dems simply follow the law, is that so tough?

Old 06-27-2022, 10:39 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There will be so much time that passes before the Supreme Court leans left, that all the states will have resolved this issue within their states.

My guess is, the states will have resolved it allowing for abortions prior to 15 weeks.

And those states who don't allow for that, will be vacant, with tumbleweeds blowing down the streets.
States that ban all abortion, and do not allow for incest, rape, at a bare minimum, will see fewer people wanting to live there. That's for sure. Meanwhile, the majority of the states will have sensible laws, including abortion bans after 20 or so weeks. I mean, let's be real, aborting a healthy mother aborting a healthy five month old baby, that's just murder, plain and simple

Old 06-27-2022, 10:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
If pro-lifers are truly only concerned with stopping what they perceive is the murder of children, there should be absolutely no exception, not even for rape. A rape is an unfortunate event, but it's not child murder.

I think we are going to find out that some of these more moderate pro-lifers are going to change their position and become pro-choice. I hope so.

There can be no liberty without privacy.
I was far more devout in my beliefs than those I was in the movement with. I was raped many times. I refused to get an abortion. Even people who were supposedly against abortion wanted me to abort. A lot of people stopped having anything much to do with me after that. Then I spent decades being accused of "making bad choices" because I was a single mother and didn't get an abortion, even by those who claim to be against abortion. Not one person blamed him for what he did. Not one person defended me against him. No one demanded that he be punished for anything. I have been forced to endure the punishment for my entire adult life. Then the courts used the fact that I didn't abort her as an excuse to say that I was too mentally ill to even get supervised visitation with my daughter and terminated visitation and gave my rapist full custody.

Everyone knew that it had been rape. They even acknowledged that in the decisions made in the case. So, the government gave her to a known child rapist and said that my actions of letting her live and keeping her safe from him proved that I was mentally unstable.

At the same time the government has taken children from mothers for "failure to protect" and used it against the mother for allowing visitation with a violent father. There's no way to win.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:04 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
This didn't happen any faster than the various state trigger laws.

Anyway, corporations give their employees all kinds of perks. This is just a new one. They already cover a woman employee or spouse having a baby through their health insurance. Female employees also get maternity leave at many companies. So yes, corporations are supporting birth and abortion.

There is another thread about this if you are interested.

Corporations save a lot more money if the female employee have abortions than if she decides to raise a family. Should I compare the costs.?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:27 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Look at these two old racist white men are telling women what they should do with their bodies
Attached Thumbnails
***SCOTUS has ruled on Roe V Wade***-c561f7a6-e6b0-48ba-a372-ef3bf91a615f.jpeg  

Old 06-27-2022, 11:28 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
My body, my choice
Attached Thumbnails
***SCOTUS has ruled on Roe V Wade***-f693b80c-eb1d-4c2f-a182-dc547dedc046.jpeg  

Old 06-27-2022, 11:31 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Corporations save a lot more money if the female employee have abortions than if she decides to raise a family. Should I compare the costs.?
I did on a new thread. It is, at minimum, an extra $8,000 a year to the Corporate Share of Health Insurance vs the single female employee with single coverage.

Add in Family Leave backfilling is costly and a nightmare to corps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies