Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 03:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yes, the people in those states banned abortion through their duly elected representatives. Why do you pro-abortion folks hate the democratic process so much? It's pretty obvious that you're afraid of voting on whether abortion should be allowed. Which I also don't understand, because you folks are constantly telling us how popular abortion is.
Your post is full of wrong assumptions. Disagreeing with the ban doesn’t mean we’re against the democratic process. Btw 67 percent of the American people think abortion should be legal.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:33 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Your post is full of wrong assumptions. Disagreeing with the ban doesn’t mean we’re against the democratic process. Btw 67 percent of the American people think abortion should be legal.
So women have nothing to fear because of the Dobbs decision. Glad we agree.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:37 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Now on to ALL religions believe in life at fertilization.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...igious-liberty

I read that a synagogue somewhere is suing based on these anti-abortion laws in early pregnancy goes against THEIR religion. I had to take Comparative Religions in Catholic HS and remember that Jewish religion parts company with Catholics on this. If I remember from so many years ago, Muslim Religion is more in line with Jews than Christianity. The rights of the already born take precedence over the unborn. It is not a person until it leaves the birth canal. I will agree with Jews and Muslims on this.

WHOSE Religion takes precedence over another's?
Mine does. I am not a religious person, but I am happy to take my ancestor's views on the matter.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
NOW you are correct. SCOTUS has allowed states to regulate abortions as they wish. Ban them, or allow them. The allow part is critical. SCOTUS ALLOWS abortions . It also allows abortions to be banned. In other words, it makes no ruling but returning the decision to the states. You wish to mock being accurate on this point, which is nonsensical. Accuracy in what you are talking about is always preferable . I cant figure out what your gripe is about people being accurate in their discussion of the ruling, other than it doesn't allow posters to whine about how the SC banned abortion without being corrected on the misinformation.

So yes, the SC ruling allows states to ban abortion. Or allow them, as they choose.
No. I was always correct on the effect the SCOTUS ruling had on what the states could or would do. You were hung up on being literal that SCOTUS didn't ban abortion so you could avoid talking about state BANS.

To be clear to all: The effect of SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade is to allow abortion BANS in many states. We now have abortion bans, from the party that doesn't like bans.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
No. I was always correct on the effect the SCOTUS ruling had on what the states could or would do. You were hung up on being literal that SCOTUS didn't ban abortion so you could avoid talking about state BANS.

To be clear to all: The effect of SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade is to allow abortion BANS in many states. We now have abortion bans, from the party that doesn't like bans.
Even though you prefer to have the abortion issue decided by 7 white male Republican justices with lifetime appointments to the Court, that's not how it works under our Constitution.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
So women have nothing to fear because of the Dobbs decision. Glad we agree.
Women have lots to be concerned about. Our civil rights in every state. Not only bans, but talk on restricting travel, abortion pills and birth control bans. Women who disagree especially living in the states where abortion is banned are fearful with good reasons.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Women have lots to be concerned about. Our civil rights in every state. Not only bans, but talk on restricting travel, abortion pills and birth control bans. Women who disagree especially living in the states where abortion is banned are fearful with good reasons.
Since 2/3 of Americans agree with abortion, according to you, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Even though you prefer to have the abortion issue decided by 7 white male Republican justices with lifetime appointments to the Court, that's not how it works under our Constitution.
Yes it is. But I highly doubt most of the people celebrating this win are doing so because they’re constitutional purist. They’re happy all woman in their state has to live by their values.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I prefer to have the abortion issue decided by the woman and her doctor. No idea how your comment refers to my previous post.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Since 2/3 of Americans agree with abortion, according to you, you have nothing to worry about.
Lots to worry about it’s already happening.

Pro choice supports all choice for a woman, even if you might not personally agree you support her personal choice.

Anti choice supports making women give birth even if that woman doesn’t want to. No woman should in America no matter what state she lives in should be forced to remain pregnant, labor and deliver. Parenthood for 18 years or give a child up to adoption against her own desires. That’s a big ask both physically emotionally and financially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies