Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 07:07 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Women are "chattel" of men if they can't abort?

Isn't that the other way around? Stop protecting men from their irresponsible & criminal (rarely) behavior , by rejecting your powerful birthright.

Have the baby, put it up for adoption or keep it & the state will do paternity DNA & sue for child support. Even if the guy won't pay, it will follow him for decades & result in liens, loss of driving privileges & confiscation of tax returns for decades.

If you end up seeing no financial support & have to provide for the child all by yourself, so what? Didn't you pick him? If you are a woman of childbearing age, you grew up being propagandized that you can "do it all & don't need a man" anyway, so this is a lousy time to decide you can't. Happens to the best of us. Happened to me. Woman up. Stop being victims. Stop being chattel & victimizing your unborn & giving all those "irresponsible men" a pass.

You didn't pick him & were raped? Press charges. Victim of incest? Now you really are holding all the cards. With abortion being legal, perpetrators of incest were forcing their victims to have abortions to destroy the "evidence" against him. Double victimization. Now they can't. Without access to legal abortion; men will be held more accountable than ever before. Women need to take their power back. Don't consent to sex with men that aren't provider material. Claim your power.

Don't cry that "forcing" you to carry to term will result in loosing opportunities, that's ridiculous. I graduated college nine months pregnant with my 4th child, on crutches with a broken leg, after starting college as a teenage mom with a 9th grade education. Did I get to go to the beach over spring break, party at frat houses every weekend & "form bonds with my peers that would last a lifetime"? Nope. Did I deserve to? No, I didn't. I made the choice to have sex as a teenager & I had to accept the consequences. Good grief. Did it "put me behind my peers"? Yeah, I graduated college at age 24 instead of age 22. Big deal. That's called consequences of my own behavior.

And btw; a fetus isn't YOUR body. It has it's own arms, legs, torso & head. Does it require your permission to move those arms & legs? No, it can move them all on it's own, as soon as it is developmentally able to. When you lie on that table & two arms, two legs, one torso & one head are torn apart & removed, do YOU leave without intact arms & legs? No, you leave intact. Because that fetus isn't YOUR body. Two bodies entered the clinic & only one left.

Roe V Wade wasn't legal under the Constitution. Abortion is a violation of human rights. That puts an awful lot of power into the hands of women of childbearing age. The more you argue that it's not fair, the more you appear to be an incompetent adult. You reduce yourself to the status of a child, or a developmentally disabled adult. Just stop that already.
Victims cannot press charges. They can file a criminal complaint. The DA decides if charges are pressed, not the victim.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:28 PM

1,094 posts, read 882,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The courts that determined RvW and reinforced it were certainly not activist courts, this entire opinion was orchestrated. They got the court they wanted and now they have the decision they wanted. Reid used the nuclear option on the lower courts not the Supreme Court and he never blocked a presidents pick out of committeeThey never changed the rules for a Supreme Court pick and then did a 180 turn.

Partisan hearings are not owned by one party but taking away picks to pass an agenda is the reason for the furor.
Those justices in 1973 WERE activist. The entire reason Roe v Wade was overturned was because the 1973 justices created a supposed right not supported by the US Constitution. They twisted language to make abortion a case of privacy and they totally ignored the first amendment.

This year's decision was made by justices who conform to the original meanings of the texts of the Constitution, not the contrived meanings created by liberals. They are not activists and are not biased toward conservative beliefs. Their ruling is based on the actual text of the Constitution.

Liberals always want activist justices who will twist the meaning of the Constitution so they get their selfish way. Hillary promised to appoint activist justices who would take away religious rights so the apostate rights liberals want can be made law. That's why she lost.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Those justices in 1973 WERE activist. The entire reason Roe v Wade was overturned was because the 1973 justices created a supposed right not supported by the US Constitution. They twisted language to make abortion a case of privacy and they totally ignored the first amendment.

This year's decision was made by justices who conform to the original meanings of the texts of the Constitution, not the contrived meanings created by liberals. They are not activists and are not biased toward conservative beliefs. Their ruling is based on the actual text of the Constitution.

Liberals always want activist justices who will twist the meaning of the Constitution so they get their selfish way. Hillary promised to appoint activist justices who would take away religious rights so the apostate rights liberals want can be made law. That's why she lost.
What are "apostate rights liberals?"

And how do you think the Supreme Court could take away religious rights?

Your last paragraph makes no sense.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Victims cannot press charges. They can file a criminal complaint. The DA decides if charges are pressed, not the victim.
OK, how does an aborted baby (victim) press charges?

The only way I know is in Revelation 6: 9-11.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What are "apostate rights liberals?"

And how do you think the Supreme Court could take away religious rights?

Your last paragraph makes no sense.
Read it "The apostate rights that the liberals want."

These are the "rights" the liberals want to be civil rights that are prohibited by the Bible. Examples include abortion, prostitution, and everything GLBT.

I don't think they can. Hillary said she wanted it in a private meeting that someone recorded and put on YouTube. She said she would appoint judges who would force churches to accept abortion and GLBT. It is no longer posted there.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:53 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:

These are the "rights" the liberals want to be civil rights that are prohibited by the Bible. Examples include abortion, prostitution, and everything GLBT.

I don't think they can. Hillary said she wanted it in a private meeting that someone recorded and put on YouTube. She said she would appoint judges who would force churches to accept abortion and GLBT. It is no longer posted there.

Thanks for clarifying.

The USA does not make its laws according to the Bible. And the USA does not make laws that force any church or religion to accept anything. Seems like you are getting upset over something that will never happen.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:58 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,459,784 times
Quote:

What do you mean by "totally ignored the first amendment"? What does the 1st Amendment have to do with abortion? Are you trying to say that Roe ignored the fact that some people's religious beliefs are offended by legal abortion?

By "apostate rights", I assume you mean rights not specified by religion. Umm, religion does not drive how we do things here. The US is a secular country.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:01 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,281,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What do you mean by "totally ignored the first amendment"? What does the 1st Amendment have to do with abortion? Are you trying to say that Roe ignored the fact that some people's religious beliefs are offended by legal abortion?

By "apostate rights", I assume you mean rights not specified by religion. Umm, religion does not drive how we do things here. The US is a secular country.
More like the 10th to me.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 PM

8,108 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:

The Bible? Are you sure you are on the right thread? Lol.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:48 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,269 times
Quote:

Lot to unpack, even before the left turn to Hillary. And then the mysterious disappearing video proof. Nicely done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.