Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 11:56 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Twenty-four hours after I was admitted to hospital for ectopic, I was given an ultrasound. Call it morbid curiosity, I demanded that the hospital show me my ultrasound. They refused . WHY? Because it wasn't going to look anything like what probirth people show?

My doctor brought it to my room. It was all cloudy and fuzzy. Asked doctor why was that? Internal bleeding he said. He had to point out my internal organs. See that very small dark spot? That is probably the embyro; floating in all the blood.

I had a ultra sound done 3 years earlier for my breech birth. No comparison at all between a full term 7 lb. baby, and a 6 week old embryo.

Some of you people need some education on female anatomy.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:18 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Twenty-four hours after I was admitted to hospital for ectopic, I was given an ultrasound. Call it morbid curiosity, I demanded that the hospital show me my ultrasound. They refused . WHY? Because it wasn't going to look anything like what probirth people show?

My doctor brought it to my room. It was all cloudy and fuzzy. Asked doctor why was that? Internal bleeding he said. He had to point out my internal organs. See that very small dark spot? That is probably the embyro; floating in all the blood.

I had a ultra sound done 3 years earlier for my breech birth. No comparison at all between a full term 7 lb. baby, and a 6 week old embryo.

Some of you people need some education on female anatomy.
Having a miscarriage is not the same as the intentional abortion of a still viable and normally developing embryo.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:46 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Having a miscarriage is not the same as the intentional abortion of a still viable and normally developing embryo.
What you don't understand is that an abortion is necessary in the case of ectopic pregnancies and many miscarriages. Did you miss the article about the American woman who had to be evacuated to Spain because she was having a miscarriage and in Malta, where she was at, there is a strict no-abortion policy? There have been women in the US who have suffered life threatening miscarriages because the Catholic hospital to where they went when they started to miscarry required that their life be in danger before anything was done.

Don't you understand that this is the very thing that turned Ireland around on legal abortion when a woman who was miscarrying, died because she needed an abortion and couldn't get one?

And let's not even mention the number of women who are in/will be in prison because someone thought their miscarriage was a deliberate abortion.

A miscarriage and an abortion may not be the same thing in your mind, but the law will treat them the same whether you like it or not. THAT is why we need safe, legal abortion.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
When push comes to shove, women actually favor life over killing by a factor of 2 to 1.
Then what's the problem? Let them choose life. If other women want to get an abortion, let them get an abortion. Sometimes I just want to say to people like you, "Here's your nose. I found it in my vagina."

Old 07-06-2022, 02:02 PM

I'm reading "Gone with the Wind" and in one of the descriptions of a store, there was listed, among other things, "abortifacients". Apparently, something anyone could walk in off the street and buy.

"An abortifacient ("that which will cause a miscarriage" from Latin: abortus "miscarriage" and faciens "making") is a substance that induces abortion. This is a nonspecific term which may refer to any number of substances or medications, ranging from herbs to prescription medications."

In one of America's most iconic books yet. Did the Supreme Court really not think the US didn't have a history of abortion?

Old 07-06-2022, 02:06 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Birth Control Pills not only stop ovulation and fertilization but implantation as well. If a woman knows this, wouldn't that be deliberate (abortion)? Any way to stop a conception from progressing? We've come a long way in the past 50 years from just barrier methods (male AND female) of contraception.

IUD inserted in the uterus ONLY stops implantation. Some would call this an abortifacient. No way to know if conception has taken place. Several states have tried to enact "personhood" legislation starting at conception. Want to go that far as well?

It is very possible that the Pill might have caused my miscarriges and ectopic. I already had one living child. Cherish HER, and not lament what wasn't meant to be. No human being can know what the future holds.Maybe all these abortions just never were meant to be, at a particular time. Reincarnation. Maybe they were meant to be born sometime in future, or to someone else.

We do not have a State Religion.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:16 PM

15,438 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Women with $$$$ could always get a safe therapeutic abortion performed by a doctor in a sterile hospital operating room. Medical reason to save the woman's life. No, not all were legit reasons, but money talks.

I think so many of you posters are either very young, or very naive.
Post Dobbs, women with $$$ from states that ban abortion will still be able to get abortions without any real risk. The poorer women will not be able to do that and will have to go the illegal route if they want an abortion.

I am old enough to remember the pre-Roe days. Our family physician at the time said that if abortion was made legal he was going to become an abortion doctor to ensure that women did not needlessly die from the operation. He had seen dozens of deaths and severe injuries when he worked as an ER doctor.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:36 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Then what's the problem? Let them choose life. If other women want to get an abortion, let them get an abortion. Sometimes I just want to say to people like you, "Here's your nose. I found it in my vagina."
Do we do the same for any other deliberate murder? No.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:42 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Post Dobbs, women with $$$ from states that ban abortion will still be able to get abortions without any real risk. The poorer women will not be able to do that and will have to go the illegal route if they want an abortion.

I am old enough to remember the pre-Roe days. Our family physician at the time said that if abortion was made legal he was going to become an abortion doctor to ensure that women did not needlessly die from the operation. He had seen dozens of deaths and severe injuries when he worked as an ER doctor.
Low-income women rarely chose abortion anyway.

Abortion Rates by Income Level, Unintended Pregnancies

100%-200%: 7.8%
200%-300%: 16.2%
300%-400%: 8.0%
Over 400%: 31.9%

Figure 4, here: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content..._pregnancy.pdf

91.4% of women at poverty level and 92.2% of those slightly above keep their babies in the event of an unintended pregnancy. For women in the highest income group, it's a lot lower at 68.1%.

Abortion is a higher-income woman's privilege much more than a high-demand service for the poor, and it's not as popular as people have recently been manipulated to believe.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:42 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do we do the same for any other deliberate murder? No.
Can you point to any state or federal laws that designate abortion as murder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies