Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2022, 10:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anti-killing is not just about religious beliefs. Mostly, it's about ethics. See my post on the Non-Aggression Principle.
Which post is that?

Is it something like Murray Rothbard’s nonsensical chapter in Ethics of Liberty regarding “Children & Rights”?
Applying our theory to parents and children, this means that a parent does not have the right to aggress against his children, but also that the parent should not have a legal obligation to feed, clothe, or educate his children, since such obligations would entail positive acts coerced upon the parent and depriving the parent of his rights.

The parent therefore may not murder or mutilate his child, and the law properly outlaws a parent from doing so. But the parent should have the legal right not to feed the child, i.e., to allow it to die.2

The law, therefore, may not properly compel the parent to feed a child or to keep it alive.3 (Again, whether or not a parent has a moral rather than a legally enforceable obligation to keep his child alive is a completely separate question.) This rule allows us to solve such vexing questions as: should a parent have the right to allow a deformed baby to die (e.g., by not feeding it)?4

The answer is of course yes, following a fortiori from the larger right to allow any baby, whether deformed or not, to die. (Though, as we shall see below, in a libertarian society the existence of a free baby market will bring such "neglect" down to a minimum.)
https://mises.org/library/children-and-rights

Old 07-10-2022, 11:04 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Debunked already, my friend.

People are going to vote based on their wallets.
Raising unwanted and unplanned children doesn't cost $$$$?

Old 07-10-2022, 11:12 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,785,557 times
Quote:
Anti-killing is not just about religious beliefs. Mostly, it's about ethics. See my post on the Non-Aggression Principle.
Who are the non religious governors , legislators and elected officials that aren’t religious who are advocating no exemptions for rape and incest?
Everyone I am aware base their position on religion

Old 07-10-2022, 11:20 AM

23,572 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Raising unwanted and unplanned children doesn't cost $$$$?
Abortion also cost $$$$.

What is cheap or often free is BC. Even abstinence or sex with no penetration is free.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:30 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Abortion is no less cold blooded. It's the intentional killing of a child. That's just FACT.
You want to equalize a woman who aborts on the same level as Susan Smith, who murdered by drowning her two young children?

Old 07-10-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Debunked already, my friend.

People are going to vote based on their wallets.
What is a woman going to believe will cause more of a financial burden high gas and milk prices?
Or having to house ,feed and clothe an unintended child?

Old 07-10-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Google just announced that they would move any employee who wanted to move to a state that still protected women's rights.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abortio...al-roe-v-wade/

Wonder if other companies will start doing the same?

In 2012, we were living in a community of tech folks in NC when the banning same sex marriage amendment was passed (later overturned).

Concerts and tournaments were cancelled, etc., and I kept reading that tech people were not accepting jobs in North Carolina. There was sense of who wanted to live in a place where people were such narrow-minded bigots? Even Durham's breweries didn't make up for that.

Wonder if that will happen on a larger scale in this situation.

Will companies find it difficult to recruit and retain desirable employees in states where women don't have the right to make their own medical decisions?
In addition to losing talent and problems recruiting talent the universities in these states will lose promising students. Parents will think twice about sending virile and fertile children to GT ,Washington U and UT Austin safer to send them to Michigan or Georgetown were there is less chance a baby will derail there future.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:47 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was a pretty creative ruling claiming we needed to go back to the 1700's, some real anger and threats in that so called textualist ruling.

Pretty awesome ruling. It says judges don't make laws at all and it took it to the states like they should have done back in 1973. If abortions without limits it's your #1 thing in life then start packing to New York or California. That isn't the problem. The problem is affording the fuel to get there. The only 1700 thing here is you have to ride a horse or walk.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-10-2022 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-10-2022, 11:54 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Don’t want an abortion, don’t have one. Some women do abort. They don’t need your approval.
Stop killing the unborn on demand and you will be fine. Stop with the childish argument that an adult can do whatever they want and in this case women like they are above above water. Everything in society can be regulated, everything. Home, food, water, jobs, health,transportation, defense and even how can you earn your money and build in your backyard.

I'm sure next time I'm in court I will try to use your argument to the judge: "it's my life and nobody tells me what to do, not even a woman judge" Let's see how far that gets me.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:02 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
It has started here in "Purple" PA. Get around a Governor's Veto.

https://www.penncapital-star.com/gov...tion-voter-id/

Husband watches Fox News. I saw two local commercials on Fox. One said Republican Oz is too extreme for PA. Other said Republican Mastriano is too extreme for PA. So who were these ads targeting? Democrats watching Fox, or REPUBLICANS?

So there will be an Amendment on the ballot in November for voter approval. Amendments are clearly marked on the ballot giving a full description. Are voters are just going to ignore an Amendment? This is definitely going to be an issue going forward. So far both anti-choice Republicans for Governor and Senator as losing.

Same as neighboring states could not stop women from going to NYC (mass transit) in 1970 for an abortion, PA will have the same problem this time. Damn, here in NEPA it cost a whopping $40 for a bus ticket into Penn Station; less to points in NJ, If a poor woman cannot afford that, I will voluntarily pay for it as a retired Senior on fixed income. Go ahead throw Granny in jail for aiding and abetting an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies