Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2022, 05:00 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,671,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Unborn means what it says. Children means all, even born. Are those laws for the born children too?

What do your silly questions have to do with the government saying "unborn children"?

Reading comprehension is important.

P.S. In regards to my questions - they are very very relevant considering your claims. Any answers?

Old 07-11-2022, 05:09 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Reading comprehension is important.

P.S. In regards to my questions - they are very very relevant considering your claims. Any answers?
lol. suurrre.

Okay I'll play .. when the unborn are given personhood?

Old 07-11-2022, 05:42 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
If the government regarded fetuses as children, pregnant women would be entitled to that IRS deduction from the moment of conception, child support would start on that date, ...

To claim that either the federal or state government defines an embryo as a child from the moment of conception is just stupid.

Is there any church that baptizes prior to birth?

All of which is beside the point, because it is none of your damn business what medical decisions I make about my own body.

Good grief.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:17 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
I can't wait to see what the holy rollers have in store for IVF facilities that routinely go through several embryos to generate one pregnancy. Following their own rules, they would outlaw the entire practice, thus preventing folks who actually want and can afford babies from having them, while at the same time forcing people who don't want and can't afford to have babies to have them.

I'm guessing they didn't think that one through yet. Either that, or they're hell bent on destroying the gene pool.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:30 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What is this obsession with the constantly bolded 930,000?

In this first place, these are not children. Not yet. Some will be, and once they are born, such passion about their safety and survival would be understandable.

Sadly, the safety and survival of children once they are in school is not as important as the "right" to buy an AR-15.
The always relevant George Carlin on this type of obsession:

‘If You’re Pre-Born, You’re Fine. If You’re Preschool, You’re effed’ Read George Carlin’s Epic 1996 Rant Against Anti-Abortion Conservatives
During his 1996 comedy special Back in Town, Carlin opened his show with a high-energy diatribe against the anti-abortion movement, which he said is “obsessed with the fetus” even as it often opposes social programs designed to help children.

Below is a transcript of his rant, which has been edited for length.
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/if...conservatives/

Also relevant here is his take on libertaryans:
One of the more pretentious political self-descriptions is 'Libertarian.' People think it puts them above the fray. It sounds fashionable, and to the uninitiated, faintly dangerous. Actually, it's just one more bs political philosophy.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:09 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
If the government regarded fetuses as children, pregnant women would be entitled to that IRS deduction from the moment of conception, child support would start on that date, ...

To claim that either the federal or state government defines an embryo as a child from the moment of conception is just stupid.

Is there any church that baptizes prior to birth?

All of which is beside the point, because it is none of your damn business what medical decisions I make about my own body.

Good grief.
That sums it up really well

Old 07-11-2022, 09:29 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I can't wait to see what the holy rollers have in store for IVF facilities that routinely go through several embryos to generate one pregnancy. Following their own rules, they would outlaw the entire practice, thus preventing folks who actually want and can afford babies from having them, while at the same time forcing people who don't want and can't afford to have babies to have them.

I'm guessing they didn't think that one through yet. Either that, or they're hell bent on destroying the gene pool.
Same here. I don't think they thought this through very well.

You can freeze a human embryo and they can remain frozen and viable for up to 24 years.

Added to note: You can't freeze a baby or a child.

Old 07-11-2022, 10:56 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Forget the hearings. What about the outrageous prices at the gas pumps.
I think you might be posting in the wrong thread.

According to that other thread, 24.56% of city-data members are watching the hearings while 75.44% of city-data members are not.

Personally, I missed the now closed poll vote. You?

Old 07-11-2022, 11:40 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
But mask and vaccine mandates are the exception? Give me a break. If Dr. Fauci knows what's best for you, then so does Clarence Thomas.

At the end of the day, the left advocated for more government control over your body via vaccine and mandates, and they advocated for more religion in politics via pandering to people of color who are the most religious demographic in America.

The left is in between a rock and a hard place. The day the left denounces religion for reversing Roe v Wade, will be the day they alienate their own voter base. Either body autonomy is good or bad. Either religion is good or bad. The left tried to balance it, and it blew up in their face.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:08 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Republicans are outraged at the idea of having to wear a mask at Costco, but fine with forcing women to give birth? Seems odd.

But this, other recent decisions, and broad hints from Justice Thomas about what's ahead make it clear that this 6-3 court plans to take the country in a different direction.

Is this the direction the majority of Americans want to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies