Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 09:39 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Was that recently that your friend had to get hubby's ok on the tubal ligation?
Yes. Within the past 1 1/2 years.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:47 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Zero.

For what reason are you asking people that question?
Because I believe that people who are against abortion should support all the extra babies that will be born.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:51 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Unapologetically and thoroughly pro-life here. But yeah, that's completely idiotic. It would be a lot simpler for women and men both who wish to remove themselves from being able to be pregnant or cause pregnancy to be able to have easy access to that. Want your tubes tied? Great! Want your man-parts snipped? Wonderful! Then we're not arguing about killing babies, etc.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:52 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Because I believe that people who are against abortion should support all the extra babies that will be born.
My wife and I will be happy to adopt right away. Please lower the cost from $40,000 to something that comports with sanity.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Geeze. That's nuts. Especially after 6 kids.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:57 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
My wife and I will be happy to adopt right away. Please lower the cost from $40,000 to something that comports with sanity.
Yearly there are approximately 145,000 children in foster care available for adoption at no cost.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:59 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the liberal lefts idea of personal responsibility, make everyone else responsible for your own actions.

Get rid of illegals and that would free up more than one hundred billion dollars a year. More than enough for your "extra babies", eh?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:00 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,185 times
Quote:
Realistically the number of prevented abortions will be 100K or under, babies needing adopting way less than this even. Based on the 2020 statistics on abortions , only about 190,000 will occur in states that are likely to ban abortions. Many of these will simply drive to an abortion friendly state or get abortion pills. So maybe we add 100K pregnancies to the mix.

Currently there are approximately 2 million couples looking to adopt, and it is estimated that for every kid there are 36 couples vying to get said kid.

Its a safe bet that any babies put up for adoption as a result of not being able to get an abortion will find a home.

Or maybe people will be forced into making more responsible choices with the easy out gone for them and the number of unwanted pregnancies will drop via better decision making .

Old 06-25-2022, 10:03 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Realistically the number of prevented abortions will be 100K or under, kids needing adopting way less than this even. Based on the 2020 statistics on abortions , only about 190,000 will occur in states that are likely to ban abortions. Many of these will simply drive to an abortion friendly state or get abortion pills. So maybe we add 100K pregnancies to the mix.

Currently there are approximately 2 million couples looking to adopt, and it is estimated that for every kid there are 36 couples vying to get said kid.

Its a safe bet that any kids put up for adoption as a result of not being able to get an abortion will find a home.

Or maybe people will be forced into making more responsible choices with the easy out gone and the number of unwanted pregnancies will drop via better decision making .
Then why are there so many kids in foster care if so many want to adopt?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
By "the people", you must mean third parties interjecting their opinions into the lives of strangers. The involved parties already had the power to decide.
Let's try this again:

This ruling means the issue goes back to the states. That means that the people will choose, for their state, who they want to vote for, as state politicians won't be able to hide behind this anymore.

It will no longer be forced by the fed gubmint and leave people with no choice in deciding what they will and/or won't allow in their state.

Not sure why you don't understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You could have just posted that. It's not the governor's, Amy Comey Barrett's, the boyfriend's, a rapist's, a group of evangelical Christians, or strangers' on the internet's body. It belongs to the woman herself. As for this suppsed need to justify to (mostly male) politicians or doctors that it's only OK for her to have an abortion in the case of "rape or incest" (which are both rape,) that's garbage also. A woman isn't ready to be a biological mother? She shouldn't forced to be one against her will. Period, end of story.
If she's not ready, then stop doing things that cause one to end up in that situation.

This is what I hear: "I can't possibly control myself, so I need the federal government to force everyone to accept that I need to murder the kid I didn't want, even though all I had to do was stop acting like a tramp."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies