Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 10:06 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Then why are there so many kids in foster care if so many want to adopt?
Because 11 year old kids from bad homes that have emotional issues are not newborn babies.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:07 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Unapologetically and thoroughly pro-life here. But yeah, that's completely idiotic. It would be a lot simpler for women and men both who wish to remove themselves from being able to be pregnant or cause pregnancy to be able to have easy access to that. Want your tubes tied? Great! Want your man-parts snipped? Wonderful! Then we're not arguing about killing babies, etc.
I agree. It should not be the way that it is, but sadly it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Geeze. That's nuts. Especially after 6 kids.
Tell me about it. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that. Then again, it's not the first time I've heard stuff like this.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:25 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Because 11 year old kids from bad homes that have emotional issues are not newborn babies.
It’s called parenthood. You don’t get any guarantee a newborn won’t have mental or physical challenges.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:45 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Because I believe that people who are against abortion should support all the extra babies that will be born.
Are you also concerned about all the children being smuggled across the southern border that will be housed and funded by our tax dollars?

Funny how pro-choice supporters are so concerned about the care these parentless children will receive, but not the countless illegal children being brought in. Make no mistake about it, many of these kids are not brought in with their parents, and the ones that are will be utilizing govt paid programs. So please spare me the straw man argument.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:09 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Yeah and they shouldn't be two years away from becoming parents.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:07 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Default The Anti-Abortion Movement Was Never Concerned With Babies

If it was about babies, there would be universal healthcare, free education, affordable daycare, and the red states would be actively trying to improve their poor maternal mortality rate. The anti-abortion movement was always about maintaining power and control over American women, plain and simple.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:37 AM

7,363 posts, read 3,529,717 times
it’s astonishing how little people know about the constitution, and the philosophical views which inspired it. limited federal government, legislative power held by states, representatives elected by the people to enact legislation, accountable to the people.

this gives you more liberty, more control over government, states reflecting the wishes of those they serve.

Old 06-26-2022, 03:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
so Biden claims that abortion rights will be on the ballot in November. but do you really think thats the #1 priority in our lives? Will they forget how Biden has caused them great financial hardship with high gasoline, baby formula crisis, inflation, etc.
Are you kidding?

Look at the number of voters who mark the boxes for politicians who consistently, and I mean consistently, leave them poorer, and sicker.

Look at the number of working class voters who vote for Republicans. Why? Republicans don't support labor unions, higher minimum wages, expanded unemployment insurance, Medicare and Social Security, workplace safety, ... Go down the list of ways to level the playing field between the robber barons and those struggling to keep their heads above water. Where do Republicans land?

The last Republican President to leave the nation in better economic shape than he found it was Eisenhower. Some Republican administrations have left things sort of even. Others have left huge national deficits, and tons of job losses.

Yet working class voters continue to vote for Republicans for reasons that go beyond the cost of gasoline and a baby formula fiasco.

People vote against their own economic interest all the damn time.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...delman-john-p/

Old 06-26-2022, 03:35 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you kidding?

Look at the number of voters who mark the boxes for politicians who consistently, and I mean consistently, leave them poorer, and sicker.

Look at the number of working class voters who vote for Republicans. Why? Republicans don't support labor unions, higher minimum wages, expanded unemployment insurance, Medicare and Social Security, workplace safety, ... Go down the list of ways to level the playing field between the robber barons and those struggling to keep their heads above water. Where do Republicans land?

The last Republican President to leave the nation in better economic shape than he found it was Eisenhower. Some Republican administrations have left things sort of even. Others have left huge national deficits, and tons of job losses.

Yet working class voters continue to vote for Republicans for reasons that go beyond the cost of gasoline and a baby formula fiasco.

People vote against their own economic interest all the damn time.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...delman-john-p/
You are referencing the Democrat party of old. There are many people in this country that feel the Dems are just as pro-corporate as the GOP. The only difference is the GOP have less baggage when it comes to social issues that are inline with more mainstream moderate voters.

Old 06-26-2022, 03:50 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Are you also concerned about all the children being smuggled across the southern border that will be housed and funded by our tax dollars?

Funny how pro-choice supporters are so concerned about the care these parentless children will receive, but not the countless illegal children being brought in. Make no mistake about it, many of these kids are not brought in with their parents, and the ones that are will be utilizing govt paid programs. So please spare me the straw man argument.
Ah, the milk of human kindness and the self-righteous.

There are plenty of threads on this forum to spin that twisted tale about millions of Mexicans bringing other people's babies to be raised by the generosity of good-hearted Americans.

This thread is a discussion about ***SCOTUS has ruled on Roe V Wade***

Back to the subject at hand.

Starting about six or seven months from now, states such as Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, ... are going to be dealing with an increase in children born to mothers who have already determined they are unable to care for them.

While certainly a few of the perfect babies will be adopted by the Amy Coney Barretts of the world, what's to become of the rest of them? The foster care system is already at the breaking point, and a horrible way to raise good citizens.

Most will remain with mothers who are already overwhelmed. They will struggle along, as best they can. But we all pay the price for poorly-raised citizens. '

These are all our children. They will work in our communities, marry our children, ...

What is the plan to raise them?

We are going to need more daycares, more schools, more medical care, more social workers, ...

Are Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, .... gearing up for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies