Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 07:59 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I never thought in a million years that something like this could happen in our country. It's been like a never ending episode of the Twilight Zone.
Or a Stephen King novel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 08:01 AM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Those "anti vaxxers" were right all along and now the finger pointing ... the 2020 election ?
Dr. Birx retired after the whole going away with family for Thanksgiving vacation after telling everyone else to stay home.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...gk4-story.html
eh, I never stopped visiting my mom and MIL.

Birx and Fauci are whack jobs. Too bad the gullible listened to them.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:41 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't know the details on why she quit her position, but I wonder if the fact that she was expected to lie to the public might have had something to do with it? Maybe she had some sort of shred of decency left in her?
Her reputation got smeared big time...by her own gaffe.

Don't tell Americans to stay home on Thanksgiving and then go have a family gathering at your vacation home.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Yes, we were right. But we've known that all along.

We have been lied to by our government, by the "scientists" and by the medical community. We have also seen how many workers - doctors, nurses, etc - in the medical community bought into all of this hook, line and sinker which is scary.

In addition, we saw how the physicians and nurses who dared to speak out about what was happening were threatened with losing not just their jobs but their medical licenses, as well.

I never thought in a million years that something like this could happen in our country. It's been like a never ending episode of the Twilight Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Or a Stephen King novel.
Yes to BOTH the above posts. Sorry I can't rep either of you again yet.

And, btw, it was very disheartening to read King's opinion on the vaccines. I think he has turned into an arsehole.

https://twitter.com/stephenking/stat...72664821600262

Old 06-27-2022, 10:09 AM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

And, btw, it was very disheartening to read King's opinion on the vaccines. I think he has turned into an arsehole.

It's a sobering reminder that being in the top tier of one's craft does not automatically mean that your opinions on complex world affairs are going to be well-developed or meaningful.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:59 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Conclusions based on guessing, hoping, or lying should have never been spun to turn into mandates. Amazing how the many who had been accused of wearing tinfoil hats, of being science deniers, or of spreading of disinformation turned out to be right.
Don't forget "selfish" and "grandma killers".

Old 06-27-2022, 11:50 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Conclusions based on guessing, hoping, or lying should have never been spun to turn into mandates. Amazing how the many who had been accused of wearing tinfoil hats, of being science deniers, or of spreading of disinformation turned out to be right.
I'm one of them. Right out of the gate the J&J announcement had words of "may" and "up to 6 months".
When I posted that in the current event thread I got bashed, name called and blown off.

The conspiracy sites at least approach various hypotheses and opinions from a much more open viewpoint because they already don't trust the government.

And there are still people today on the virus thread in current events that swear by the vaccine and still call people anti-vaxxers. Even now.....when that last booster only lasted 3 months and is all worn off by now.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:28 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

Yes, sadly. I read nearly all of his early novels and he's a talented writer, but... he's got a severe case of "liberalitis."

Old 07-06-2022, 12:11 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The vaccine worked well to prevent serious illness and death against the original strains. It doesn’t work so well against omicron but the good news is that omicron is much less deadly.
Are you sure because the very people that told you it prevented it now are telling you they don’t know. The truth is millions injected themselves with a very experimental cocktail and we will very clearly see the implications in the long run. One last question, if they lied to us about the effectiveness does anyone think they will come clean with long term damage to the body?

Old 07-06-2022, 01:05 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The vaccine worked well to prevent serious illness and death against the original strains.
Not being obese or a chain smoker works well to prevent serious illness and death.

African countries had no major issues with COVID, and they were the least vaccinated. They're still not 70% vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies