Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 03:00 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Hatred and Fear.
I see more way fear from the GOP than from the Democrats.

In the current platform of the Texas Republican Party, they call for:

1. Requiring for 191 counties to vote for any amendment to the state constitution, rather than a statewide popular vote.

2. Establishing a “statewide Electoral College” rather than elections determined by the statewide popular vote.

3. Calling for Texas to secede from the United States.

https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uplo...-6-16-2022.pdf

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/20/11062...-for-secession

https://theweek.com/texas/1014570/di...rty-convention

What’s that if not abject fear?

Republicans are terrified of the future. If you took fear and loathing out of the Republican Playbook, there would be little left. Donald Trump recognized and exploited that fear and rode it to the White House.

Republicans who hate the way that the country is evolving might consider Trump one of the greatest Presidents, but historians will more likely consider him an unprincipled opportunist who was willing to say or do anything for personal political gain.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-14-2022 at 03:14 PM..

Old 07-14-2022, 03:03 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
No one can legally stop you from embarrassing yourself by claiming Trump was anything but a complete disaster. He was the worst president in US history so he has that distinction. Impeached twice. Tried to overthrow the constitutional transfer of power. If his mouth was moving, he was lying.
And yet, you responded.

Old 07-14-2022, 03:03 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Quote:
No one can legally stop you from embarrassing yourself by claiming Trump was anything but a complete disaster.
Has it ever occurred to you that others could insult you for your opinions in better ways but they don't do it?

Old 07-14-2022, 03:24 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,483,464 times
He's top 5 of the 21st century. I'll give you that.

Old 07-14-2022, 04:18 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Trump was impeached 2 times.

He caused the insurrection, where largely uneducated and misled Trump fanatics illegally stormed the US Capitol to prevent President Biden from being sworn in.

I suppose if you define "greatest ever" as a bar that becomes "best of the bottom 5 presidents," well, yes, he's probably the best president of the bottom 5 of all time.
1) Impeachment proceedings have become nothing more than distractions designed to keep the peasants from realizing that our government isn't doing anything to solve real problems.
2) Trump did not cause an insurrection. He delivered a rousing speech and a bunch of nut jobs got carried away.

Now you can base your opinion on actual facts. You're welcome.

Next.

Old 07-14-2022, 04:22 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only a fool would think such a thing. Trump will be remembered by posterity for almost having destroyed American democracy and the nation itself.
I think you accidentally typed "Trump" instead of "Obama". Or maybe "Biden".

Old 07-14-2022, 05:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
He's top 5 of the 21st century. I'll give you that.
Strange how a president as in Trump could remotely be considered in the top 5 for best president after losing not just once the popular vote, but both of them. And even lost worse the 2nd time.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:18 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Favorite in my time

Old 07-14-2022, 05:33 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I have never been a fan of Trump and did not vote for Trump. Did not vote for Hillary or Biden either. 3rd party voter here.

With that said, I'm starting to think Trump's Presidency "may be" the greatest ever or at least in the top 5 for one reason and one reason only. The 3 conservative SCOTUS picks.

We are seeing one historic ruling after another which is dramatically changing America and our systems for the better. Taking unlawful power away from the Federal Government and also taking unlawful power away from the states when those states violate the constitution is probably the most important and powerful thing to ever be done.

For all this we have Trump and the Republicans to thank. I am forever grateful for allowing our system to start to return to what it was meant to be. A Constitutional and Representative Republic where the Federal Government has very limited power and if it's not directly addressed in the constitution, everything reverts to the states.

I hope these historic rulings continue until such point as we have this country back to where it was meant to be.

I do find it sad to see so many liberals so upset about the system working as intended and instead preferring to have a left wing authoritarian system. I will never understand that thinking.

You have TDS!

Old 07-14-2022, 07:52 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
No one can legally stop you from embarrassing yourself by claiming Trump was anything but a complete disaster. He was the worst president in US history so he has that distinction. Impeached twice. Tried to overthrow the constitutional transfer of power. If his mouth was moving, he was lying.
He wasn’t the worst, historians rated him Two or three from the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies