Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 12:48 PM

1,680 posts, read 759,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
More kids for the pipeline into the Private Prison Industrial Complex making products for little next to NOTHING. The powers that be could care less

Old 06-27-2022, 12:51 PM

36,225 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
Yes, we've had a historically low birth rate for many years now. We are facing a below replacement level of American born citizens and we are once again going through a labor shortage.

Having more babies is actually a benefit of the SC overturning Roe vs Wade and letting states decide.
You do know that the majority of women who get abortions are unmarried and in poverty, right?
Somehow I dont think masses of kids raised in poverty stricken, single parent households will be the answer to a unnatural labor shortage.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:52 PM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You do know that the majority of women who get abortions are unmarried and in poverty, right?
Somehow I dont think masses of kids raised in poverty stricken, single parent households will be the answer to a unnatural labor shortage.
CDC research shows abortion has been declining for years now.

"masses of kids" ??? Abortion is not banned.

We probably have more illegal kids on welfare than citizen kids.

The age group that has the most abortions is the 20-29 group. Teach them about contraception as birth control; not abortion as birth control.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:58 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
maybe, just maybe, these people ,both male and female, will finally grow up, and realize that there is a consequence to un-protected sex. and that consequence is not just babies, but also std's.

maybe, just maybe, these people ,both male and female, will finally grow up, and take personal responsibility.....because in my opinion, what needs to end next is welfare

Old 06-27-2022, 01:24 PM

1,213 posts, read 564,101 times
Quote:
Thats the answer. Lets kill 1.25 million living people per year and add 625,000 orphaned kids for the tax payers to care for. Have you read anything about our foster care system lately. How do you suppose all those infants are going to be cared for?
We sell them overseas. It’s a win-win.
We lose a bunch of degenerates and make back some money on the sale of the kids.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
CDC research shows abortion has been declining for years now.

"masses of kids" ??? Abortion is not banned.

We probably have more illegal kids on welfare than citizen kids.

The age group that has the most abortions is the 20-29 group. Teach them about contraception as birth control; not abortion as birth control.
Records show that trend reversing over the past 3 years.
What would you call 930,160/per year. I think that is the most recent yearly abortion figure (2021). That added to the already ~15million children living in poverty already.

A near total ban has already been put in place in 11 states with another 11 soon to follow. Access to abortion is now and increasingly made unattainable to the majority of poor women.

I'm quite people have been educated about contraception. Your self-righteous indignation has no affect on me. Might as well be farting into the wind.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
We sell them overseas. It’s a win-win.
We lose a bunch of degenerates and make back some money on the sale of the kids.
Now your talking. I suggested A Modest Proposal in another thread.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
maybe, just maybe, these people ,both male and female, will finally grow up, and realize that there is a consequence to un-protected sex. and that consequence is not just babies, but also std's.

maybe, just maybe, these people ,both male and female, will finally grow up, and take personal responsibility.....because in my opinion, what needs to end next is welfare
So human civilization has been around for about 6,000 years and humans have yet to realize there are consequences to sex. Just when do you think this realization is going to have an affect on human behavior.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
So human civilization has been around for about 6,000 years and humans have yet to realize there are consequences to sex. Just when do you think this realization is going to have an affect on human behavior.
written civilization has been around for roughly 7000 years... but humans (or human like people) have been here for a lot longer.

when do I think this realization is going to have an affect on human behavior????... well I would hope that for both male and females they would learn responsibility before the procreate....

but then again...we have known for how many thousands of years that theft is wrong, that killing someone is wrong, that touching something that doesn't belong to you is wrong.... and yet human nature still does it......that's why Marx was wrong, and utopia will never be found

hmmm

Old 06-27-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
written civilization has been around for roughly 7000 years... but humans (or human like people) have been here for a lot longer.

when do I think this realization is going to have an affect on human behavior????... well I would hope that for both male and females they would learn responsibility before the procreate....

but then again...we have known for how many thousands of years that theft is wrong, that killing someone is wrong, that touching something that doesn't belong to you is wrong.... and yet human nature still does it......that's why Marx was wrong, and utopia will never be found

hmmm
Yes, thats why I'm curious when people have faith that humans will just change their behavior because unwanted circumstance might follow. If it hasn't happened in 6000-7000 years why would anyone believe it will now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.