Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should contraception be banned?
Yes 1 2.56%
No 38 97.44%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 05:50 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,730,079 times

Advertisements

Now that Roe has been overturned what's to stop states from banning contraception? would you as a Republican/conservative support such a ban?

Such as the morning after pill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 05:51 PM

16,085 posts, read 6,860,239 times
If they banned it .......................people would act more responsible.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I doubt it.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
I feel its unfair to not specify what KIND of contraceptive. Some are against the morning after pill feeling birth begins at the moment of conception for example, but would be fine with most other forms of birth control.

Still easy one for me with a solid no. But I will find the arguments from the yes crowd to be interesting. Please explain it, and try and do so in a reasonable manner.

Believe it or not I can see a argument that simply requires you to think the government should control this since our birth rate is falling below replacement levels, but really...doesn't it seem a bit too....monstrous? Despite the logic?

Old 06-25-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I feel its unfair to not specify what KIND of contraceptive. Some are against the morning after pill feeling birth begins at the moment of conception for example, but would be fine with most other forms of birth control.

Still easy one for me with a solid no. But I will find the arguments from the yes crowd to be interesting. Please explain it, and try and do so in a reasonable manner.

Believe it or not I can see a argument that simply requires you to think the government should control this since our birth rate is falling below replacement levels, but really...doesn't it seem a bit too....monstrous? Despite the logic?

The question is for all sorts of contraception such as IUDs, condoms, meds etc. If someone wants to put yes but add something as an exception that is fine as well.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:03 PM

2,670 posts, read 1,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
You mean the teenager in the back seat of the car? or how about young woman going to the hotel with her boyfriend who still lives at home with parents? Hmm lets see that woman all alone in a bar or in a club had one to many to drink did she remember her condom or rather did he so he doesn't end up paying child support for 18 years?

Yep more responsible just like how they were when many straight people got aids.

Yep I'm betting a big NO to people would act more responsible.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:06 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,394,747 times
State or Federal governments would be silly to ban contraception.
For one thing using contraception is the responsible thing to do if you don't want a pregnancy.
Also, if MORE people used contraception there would be LESS need for abortions.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:07 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
I support sterilizing all children at birth unless their parents put $250,000 in an escrow account to be given back when the child reaches 21, minus whatever is used for government provided education, health care, and other welfare. This will eliminate poverty over time. Poor people breed poor people. If the parents can't put up the money, they should be sterilized too. And free sterilizations should be offered by the government.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I support sterilizing all children at birth unless their parents put $250,000 in an escrow account to be given back when the child reaches 21, minus whatever is used for government provided education, health care, and other welfare. This will eliminate poverty over time. Poor people breed poor people. If the parents can't put up the money, they should be sterilized too. And free sterilizations should be offered by the government.
so...genocide. Got it mr war crime.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:36 PM

1,203 posts, read 619,145 times
The issue is that a lot of the anti-abortion people are also against contraceptives. They will now go after either same sex marriage or contraceptives. They used the same principle of Roe v Wade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies