Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 04:12 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times

Advertisements

Don't like the protests? Then gee, maybe you shouldn't try to force personal decisions on a population of people who don't agree with them.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but honestly. What did they think would happen?

And if you think this is bad, wait till the Supreme Court tries to reverse gay marriage, and ban birth control and interracial marriage. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm not condoning the violence of these protests, but people are mad and when they're mad, they do things to show it. Didn't the Boston Tea Party start with destruction of property and end with a revolution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 04:13 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,044,124 times
Time to end this leftist insurrection

Old 06-25-2022, 04:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Race card activated!

I, for one, always check to see the skin color of the people who are lobbing fireworks at me and threatening violence.

If they're black? Open season.

If they're white? I curl up into a little ball and just sit there and take it.

What an absolute pile of excrement.
Okay, then I'm sure there is some other totally unrelated reason Jan. 6 was frightened cops and kid gloves, and the "night of violence" with firecrackers was beaten down with tear gas. So whatever reason that was, you can sleep with a happy smile on your face knowing at least these protesters were gassed. Enjoy.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
1977 was 41 years ago. Divide 173 by 41.

Oh look, the answer is 4!

Not to mention that today's violence is almost exclusively perpetrated by Left Wing activists.
Oh, only 4 fire-settings to abortion clinics a year? Oh, well, in that case...carry on...not violent at all. (Plus, psst, you forgot to add in the bombings.)

I mean, if pro birthers set fire to FIVE clinics a year, then that might be something different.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Race card activated!

I, for one, always check to see the skin color of the people who are lobbing fireworks at me and threatening violence.

If they're black? Open season.

If they're white? I curl up into a little ball and just sit there and take it.

What an absolute pile of excrement.
Bingo

Old 06-25-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Do you have google? Or even the internet?

So mind numbing it hurts...
I'm sorry your brain feels numb. Yes, I "have" Google. Nobody has identified who is behind this faction. The name seems to be based on a former group of people who helped women obtain abortions before Roe v. Wade. So, people in their 80s, 90s or dead by now and obviously not the Revenge group, unless they are incredibly spry and have a great throwing arm.

But who are they really and what is the agenda? Nobody knows.

Do you "have" Google?

Old 06-25-2022, 04:29 PM

187 posts, read 68,256 times
Actually things are not as crazy as I thought it be. It was fairly calm. Wouldn't the worst of the protest, the most violent part, be done closer to the decision date vs further out?

I think there won't be much violence.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:33 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Don't like the protests? Then gee, maybe you shouldn't try to force personal decisions on a population of people who don't agree with them.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but honestly. What did they think would happen?

And if you think this is bad, wait till the Supreme Court tries to reverse gay marriage, and ban birth control and interracial marriage. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm not condoning the violence of these protests, but people are mad and when they're mad, they do things to show it. Didn't the Boston Tea Party start with destruction of property and end with a revolution?

But, they are doing it in cities where abortion is legal. What are they protesting? Oh, are they doing this to FORCE red states to allow it? Isn't that what you are against per your fist sentence?

Old 06-25-2022, 04:38 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

Wrong thread. You must be looking for the vaccine mandates thread.

This one's about Lefties fighting for their right to kill babies.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:28 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But those are left states that allow abortion and won't be affected ....

This is like BLM burning down their own neighborhoods.....
Yes, but that means they can't control others.
Their favorite thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies