Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 09:53 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

https://www.fox6now.com/news/reckless-driver-brags

This is one Belling out of Milwaukee brought up on a recent show. It was one of the most amusing stories I've ever heard told on his show, just because I was a little stoned when I was listening to it, and by the way he told it.

Basically it goes like this. Milwaukee leftists have a policy where they won't arrest anyone for traffic offenses such as speeding, driving without a license, insurance, and the like.

Some opportunists have seen this as an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. Belling brought up that we learn a lot like animals do, something I've brought up as "pavlonian" or "operant" conditioning... a carrot stick way of training animals. If you reward people for bad behavior, they will keep doing it.

This guy loves fast cars, loves driving fast, and literally gets no punishment for doing so. He shows up to his court hearings. They don't do anything to him. They let him go at traffic stops, while he keeps driving double the speed limit through the city.

It's a testament to the silliness of soft on crime leftist policies, but man did I get a kick out of the way Belling told the story. He mentioned the guy's arguments during his interview were 100% entirely logical. He also brought up how the left responds to things like this. Instead of impounding his car, arresting him, or making him face consequences for his actions, they want to install curb extentions, speed humps, and other "traffic calming features" that punish responsible drivers and slow everyone down.

Same thing they do with the guns. They want more laws, never enforce the existing laws, and just want to punish the responsible people while rewarding the irresponsible people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 09:59 AM

100 posts, read 61,481 times
I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and a big chunk of this place is conservative. I see crazy drivers all the time, most of which don't even have legal license plates. It's not a political issue, it's just that there aren't enough police on the roads to stop the sheer amount of idiot drivers.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:00 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
What will Milwaukee do to him when he finally kills somebody?

Won't it sort of be "too late" at that point?

All the rules, speed limits etc. are there to PREVENT that from happening.

Once somebody gets dead, the city has failed in its job of keeping people safe from crazies.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:01 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briskwheel View Post
It's not a political issue, it's just that there aren't enough police on the roads to stop the sheer amount of idiot drivers.
Which, in turn, is a political issue.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:10 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briskwheel View Post
I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and a big chunk of this place is conservative. I see crazy drivers all the time, most of which don't even have legal license plates. It's not a political issue, it's just that there aren't enough police on the roads to stop the sheer amount of idiot drivers.
Same thing in the Houston area. They do what they please because they know they will not get caught. Pass a loading school bus, no problem.

No body wants more cops. Last time I check the ratio needed cops for 100K people Harris county was down thousands.

About 10 years ago the city of Houston installed red light cameras. They were disengaged in less than 6 months. The cry was the cops had to see the individual run the light.

What we save in taxes we spend on home and auto insurance.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:19 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
https://www.fox6now.com/news/reckless-driver-brags

This is one Belling out of Milwaukee brought up on a recent show. It was one of the most amusing stories I've ever heard told on his show, just because I was a little stoned when I was listening to it, and by the way he told it.

Basically it goes like this. Milwaukee leftists have a policy where they won't arrest anyone for traffic offenses such as speeding, driving without a license, insurance, and the like.

Some opportunists have seen this as an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. Belling brought up that we learn a lot like animals do, something I've brought up as "pavlonian" or "operant" conditioning... a carrot stick way of training animals. If you reward people for bad behavior, they will keep doing it.

This guy loves fast cars, loves driving fast, and literally gets no punishment for doing so. He shows up to his court hearings. They don't do anything to him. They let him go at traffic stops, while he keeps driving double the speed limit through the city.

It's a testament to the silliness of soft on crime leftist policies, but man did I get a kick out of the way Belling told the story. He mentioned the guy's arguments during his interview were 100% entirely logical. He also brought up how the left responds to things like this. Instead of impounding his car, arresting him, or making him face consequences for his actions, they want to install curb extentions, speed humps, and other "traffic calming features" that punish responsible drivers and slow everyone down.

Same thing they do with the guns. They want more laws, never enforce the existing laws, and just want to punish the responsible people while rewarding the irresponsible people.
Didn't the Supreme Court just nullify a gun law in the State of New York this past week. "Enforcing the existing laws" seems to be the joke of the day.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
This is interesting and true, it's also easy to see it happening in real time by looking at the way we handle crimes these days.

I argue with someone IRL about this because they "argue for how things should be and not how they are". They think they sound evolved and virtuous but I keep pointing out that "how things should be" doesn't really work on a human level and we need to acknowledge "how things are". People will always take advantage a push the envelope so when you remove the consequences for something the results will never be pretty. We need to accept this are and act accordingly. Small crimes lead to bigger crimes every time when consequences for the little things are eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies