Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 11:17 AM

13,034 posts, read 9,573,030 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, Biden flew the 747 and the usual entourage from Washington to Wilmington, Delaware - a 10-minute flight that cost us, the taxpayers, over $200,000, not to mention the carbon footprint it caused, just to vote. He was just there over the weekend so could have voted then, or mailed his ballot in. Just that one trip is probably my carbon footprint for two or three years. And just a month ago, he flew from South Carolina, where he was on one of his many vacations, to sign a bill, then flew back to SC. And he's supposed to be so "green".

Congress needs to restrict Presidential travel to business, and to restrict "time off". They all take too much time off and too much leisure travel at our expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 11:34 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yesterday, Biden flew the 747 and the usual entourage from Washington to Wilmington, Delaware - a 10-minute flight that cost us, the taxpayers, over $200,000, not to mention the carbon footprint it caused, just to vote. He was just there over the weekend so could have voted then, or mailed his ballot in. Just that one trip is probably my carbon footprint for two or three years. And just a month ago, he flew from South Carolina, where he was on one of his many vacations, to sign a bill, then flew back to SC. And he's supposed to be so "green".

Congress needs to restrict Presidential travel to business, and to restrict "time off". They all take too much time off and too much leisure travel at our expense.

Did you have the same outrage re Trump running up the government tab at his own venues ?

I don't think either 'side' should be criticized re 'their' POTUS. It costs what it costs.

There are bigger things worth going tit for tat about.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:37 AM

463 posts, read 288,772 times
Our idiot in charge here in Canada does the same stuff. Preaches the green talk to us peons, then jets off on vacation on the government plane.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times
Quote:

With every administration their is outcry over the President traveling on the taxpayer's dime. I agree -- there should be an agreed upon budget adjusted for inflation, gas price increases, etc.

As for time off...I suspect no President has all the time off when they do travel to their vacation spots.

A round of golf with a golf cart is what three hours...I suspect the rest of the day there are constant calls, discussions pertaining to national issues.

We all learned that working remotely is feasible for most people today.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:40 AM

5,176 posts, read 3,782,461 times
Rules for us not for them.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:40 AM

45,648 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:

Then Biden wouldn't go anywhere. He doesn't do any real business.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:43 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,409,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Did you have the same outrage re Trump running up the government tab at his own venues ?

I don't think either 'side' should be criticized re 'their' POTUS. It costs what it costs.

I don't support Trump Biden could have done this by mail. Okay you say, but T4ump did it too. Trump wasn't preaching climate change is a national emergency and spending a trillion or more on it. Biden is a bad example when he should be a role model. Maybe he should try be a notch above Trump?

Anyway regardless of sides this should stop in the future. Joe should have drove a Tesla up. The distance is utterly pathetic for what was involved and it wasn't some emergency. It was done just to virtue signal.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:48 AM

20,127 posts, read 20,922,481 times
They all do it.
From the President right down to the local level.
Utilizing various transportation modes for whatever reason on the public dime.
Frosts my ass big time.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
I remember when the right lost their minds over Obama spending Christmas in Hawaii. Then Trump traveled everywhere constantly and brought his entire extended family with him on the taxpayer's dime. His supporters were fine with it and said presidents need down time:

Trump's golf outings have reportedly cost taxpayers more than $100 million
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2019-5

Now Biden goes to Delaware and they are mad again? Seriously don't care but at least be consistent.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:55 AM

13,034 posts, read 9,573,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies