Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 06:46 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People who insist mothers carry unwanted embryos talking about how people who work within the foster care system don't care about babies.
Just be glad your mother did not share your same opinion...

"I've noticed that everyone who supports abortion has already been born" - President Reagan

Old 06-27-2022, 06:46 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's kind of irrelevant to the law.

The SCOTUS decision was based on the fact that there is absolutely no basis for a "right" to abortion. Simple as that.

If states want to ban it, they are free to do so, if they want to chop up babies the day before they are born, they are free to do that as well.
I don't know of a state, mother or doctor who wants to chop babies up the day before they're born. Dramatic much?

Old 06-27-2022, 06:47 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
People who want to kill babies talking about everyone else not caring about babies/children.
Yep! Which side is fighting for school choice, school safety, and better quality education?... Hint: It is not the Democratic Party and the teacher's unions...

Old 06-27-2022, 06:49 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
People who insist mothers carry unwanted embryos talking about how people who work within the foster care system don't care about babies.
Maybe you, and others could use some facts about "embryos". This is what mothers want to suck into bits and pieces out of their bodies. Let's at least be honest and admit to what we are okay with destroying the life of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2e02QdzJgg

Old 06-27-2022, 06:51 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
People who want to kill babies talking about everyone else not caring about babies/children.
^nailed it!

Old 06-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,601 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Just be glad your mother did not share your same opinion...

"I've noticed that everyone who supports abortion has already been born" - President Reagan
My mother did share my opinion, actually. That women who are very unhappy that they're pregnant, and don't want their babies, should be able to opt for a safe abortion in the first trimester.

My mother very much wanted to be pregnant, although she knew she was facing a C-section, back when C-sections were rare.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:55 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
There are great people working with these kids. But the kids have issues. Occasionally the foster parents are ratchet. Now multiply the problems
From their site:

This system is failing.

1 in 8 American children is abused or neglected by age 18

1 in 17 kids enters foster care

The rate of foster care placement increases to 1 in 9 for Black children and 1 in 7 for Native American children

Upwards of 70% of youth involved in the juvenile justice system have been involved in the child welfare system

50% of foster youth will not graduate from high school on time

48% of girls in foster care become pregnant by age 19

60% of child trafficking victims have histories in foster care

33% of homeless young adults were previously in foster care

Kids in foster care are 4x more likely than other children to attempt suicide

https://www.foster-america.org/the-problem

Old 06-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Maybe you, and others could use some facts about "embryos". This is what mothers want to suck into bits and pieces out of their bodies. Let's at least be honest and admit to what we are okay with destroying the life of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2e02QdzJgg
I taught child birth classes, and did prenatal visits with teens who were continuing their pregnancies, so I know a LOT about fetal development timelines.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:57 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don’t want to kill babies. But I’m understanding the reasons. Facts are most will be unwanted and they are abused. Some will end up in foster care, how many do well there ? Many will now be in poorer homes and with single moms. If they don’t do well, per the stats now expect many more unhappy kids. Many moms will be desperate and take unhealthy desperate measures. Get out of the bubble.

You are expecting folks will go celibate because the governors ban abortion. Tell me, long term, what are you expecting?
Dear LORD what is wrong with people?

Listen very carefully: THERE. IS. NO. BAN. ON. ABORTION. All the SC did was return the decision to the states.

As for the violin strings - I was unwanted, abused, and spent time in foster homes. According to you, I should have been aborted to 'spare' me that type of life. I'm here to tell you, it's much better being alive.

YOU get out of your bubble.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There are great people working with these kids. But the kids have issues. Occasionally the foster parents are ratchet. Now multiply the problems
From their site:

This system is failing.

1 in 8 American children is abused or neglected by age 18

1 in 17 kids enters foster care

The rate of foster care placement increases to 1 in 9 for Black children and 1 in 7 for Native American children

Upwards of 70% of youth involved in the juvenile justice system have been involved in the child welfare system

50% of foster youth will not graduate from high school on time

48% of girls in foster care become pregnant by age 19

60% of child trafficking victims have histories in foster care

33% of homeless young adults were previously in foster care

Kids in foster care are 4x more likely than other children to attempt suicide

https://www.foster-america.org/the-problem
Exactly. In Texas, that has just outlawed abortion except in cases where the woman's life is in danger, has a foster care system that's bursting at the seams. Kids are being housed in hotels with a caseworker present, or in the caseworker's offices overnight.

We're AT CAPACITY to care for children whose parents, and grandparents, don't want them or are incapable of safely caring for them.

And now this. Nine months from now, we won't know what hit us. Well, we will know, but it won't be pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies