Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 11:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I guess that is the current goal. Originally I thought it was to stop the spread and it had 95% efficacy. I am glad we have the vaccine but the changing goals does give ammo to those who don't believe in the vaccine.

The problem with just letting it spread and spread is the chance of a much more dangerous variant. Some say that is not possible. But here we are approaching year 3 of this and lots of so called impossible things have come to pass. Seems to me the more time and more variants that come about open up that possibility more.
thus far, the variants have often been easier spread, but definitely less harmful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 11:58 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
thus far, the variants have often been easier spread, but definitely less harmful.
Which would seem to be the type of mutation that is most effective at propagating. Killing a bunch of people doesn't work very well in propagating the disease. Those strains tend to die out with their victims.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:01 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolceVita67 View Post
No reason to doubt them.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We had 95% against the wild type. Still do, though it has long mutated beyond that. I recall early on that there was a good deal of scientific thought (not evidence at that time) that the covid virus would not mutate significantly based on observation of other corona viruses. This one is an outlier, it seems, in many ways raising suspicions with some that it is more engineered than natural.
are you the only one calling original Covid "wild", or has a new playbook come out?

Old 06-28-2022, 12:11 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolceVita67 View Post
The evidence in this case are all computer models! Hardly incontrovertible.

North Korea experienced barely any deaths (eg 69 according to them) despite Omicron sweeping through an unvaccinated population
Do you believe North Korea publishes the truth? Millions may have died and we would have no way of knowing.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Which would seem to be the type of mutation that is most effective at propagating. Killing a bunch of people doesn't work very well in propagating the disease. Those strains tend to die out with their victims.
I'm a follower of the Great Barrington Declaration, whereby we'd protect the old and seriously immune-compromised and let the rest of us allow the virus to spread naturally and deal with the rare bad cases as they came.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:22 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't want to hear the "C" word ever again. Nobody around where I live ever brings it up. To us it's like it never happened. That includes the management where I work. They used a different "C" word to reference the state of Minnesota at our plant meeting this morning. Chuckle.
Which C word, Covid or Capacity? (either/ both are easily manipulated).

Old 06-28-2022, 12:22 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Israel is a country with very high vaccine rates.
But not among the Haredi. I can't believe the Haredi, in general, have good health practices.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:24 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
There are people I personally know getting covid. I’m keeping my distance as have a surgery planned in 7 days. I don’t even want a cold. The strains of this beast is affecting people differently, I had delta - recovered - lost my son to it, and I don’t take this news lightly.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:28 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
And just remember...Israel was the country that had a high percentage of people jabbed, and jabbed and jabbed and jabbed some more.

I now think I feel safer having only had 1 jab (J&J) and nothing more.
Increasing number of breakthrough infections and even deaths among the vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies