Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 10:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

I Public Christian prayer does not promote acceptance or tolerance of all religions. Recognizing this dies not deny any or all religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 10:09 AM

16,100 posts, read 10,766,542 times
"The Left" didn't care if he prayed or not. His school authorities didn't either until he made it an issue. He was simply showboating. He could have prayed to his heart's content but insisted on making a big show of it after 8 years. Was he praying for a new quarterback?

"Kennedy began his prayer ritual soon after he was hired in 2008, but the school district grew concerned when Kennedy's short, quiet prayers grew in 2015 as players began joining him on the field all while the crowd was still in the stands.

The school district said it never restricted him from offering silent, private prayers, and offered him an alternate place to pray off the football field after games. Kennedy refused the accommodations and was ultimately placed on paid administrative leave and suspended from the program. After the season, he was given a poor performance evaluation.

He did not seek a new contract, but instead filed suit, arguing that the school district had violated his rights under the First Amendment. Kennedy lost his case at the district court level and before the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals, which held that his prayer amounted to governmental speech that is not protected by the First Amendment."

Based on the information, we really don't know why he was given a poor performance evaluation. Maybe he was a lousy coach. Maybe he was a predator in the locker room. Maybe it was related to the prayer issue and his refusal to accept the alternative offers. It is a personnel issue.

The activist right-wing members of SCOTUS want to make a big deal out of it and wing-nut posters try to brand it as a left-wing problem. If he was Muslim, we would be hearing all sort of complaints from the right.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Giving children the feeling they are pressured into praying is wrong.
I agree.

If that coach were a Muslim pounding his forehead into the grass would these people feel the same way?

Old 06-28-2022, 10:10 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,461,517 times
Because no one is able or willing to stop them, including the so called "conservatives."

Old 06-28-2022, 10:12 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
While I do not agree with a lot of what either side pushes for.... I would not support anyone who makes such a blanket statement based their own (or whatever group/organization they are a part of) definition of "moral".

Your view on morals is not shared by everyone universally. Pushing your views on morality does nothing but create intolerance for those that do not share your views.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:15 AM

291 posts, read 160,052 times
It's likely the #1 reason I turned against the left (though their war on energy is very close). They're complete disregard for anything traditional. As if anything traditional must be steeped in racism or sexism.

Traditional morals are timeless. We are seeing the results of the degradation of these values.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:28 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
It's likely the #1 reason I turned against the left (though their war on energy is very close). They're complete disregard for anything traditional. As if anything traditional must be steeped in racism or sexism.

Traditional morals are timeless. We are seeing the results of the degradation of these values.
I don't think anything tradition is base on racism nor sexism. However, some of it was and should be debated case by case.

But again... your "traditional morals" isn't always shared universally.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:47 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Praying after a game, alone, at the 50 yd line is more egregious than a kindergarten teacher talking to children about their sex lives.

Children being entertained by drag queens is fine, but holding teachers and administrator accountable for our own children is none of our business.

The tide is turning on the left.
They are a self hate/suicide cult.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Let me throw another rock that direction. This morning as I headed into work, I thought about all the dissent of recent political times, of how some would leave Texas for better political environments. Would I?

Leave Texas with its forests, coastline, mountains? No, because the natural landscape needs people like me, that it is not just about me, that I need to be here.

At the risk of going to one side, when did it become all about the "me" in the equation and not the bigger picture?

Old 06-28-2022, 10:57 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I think the left is a weird mixed bag of people who range from angry nihilists that want to burn it all down just for the sake of it to people that want the government to control every single facet of people's lives. Where they can live, what they can drive, what to eat, when to take vacations or not, I mean just across the board. Social credit scores and the whole bit.

Promoting moral decay is probably just one facet of the burn it down and rebuild it mentality I suppose.

Tucker did a segment on this. This drive to separate the nuclear family unit, chipping away at what is considered to be morals and values works toward this idea of the government being the #1 thing in people's lives.

It's why the left is working so hard in academia, to get the kids programmed while they are young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies