Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 08:25 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ross Perot was a Clinton plant to divide the vote.

He wasn't there to win. That's why he got out when he was siphoning Clinton votes. And then got back in to divide the Bush vote.

I wanted him to win until he start acted flaky. Then he was out for me.
...and the band kept playing on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

Like Trump told black voters...what the heck do you have to lose?

That was essentially what Perot was telling all of us...but he was also telling us preciely what was at stake. Most chose not to listen, so instead, they helped to build the chart in the link above...which spells doom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 08:38 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I think Bush defeating McCain in the 2000 GOP primary was a big mistake in hindsight. I think McCain wouldn't have made same mistakes in Iraq. The left in the USA was dead after 9/11 and it mostly revived died to the Iraq War lies. If you dislike Obama and today's Wokeism you should recognize that is where it began. Hillary voting for the war is the main reason she wasn't the overwhelming primary winner in 2008 with Obama instead being VP.

I feel that Clinton did a good job and governed from the center, don't see how Perot could've left the USA in any better shape by 2001.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:05 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think Bush defeating McCain in the 2000 GOP primary was a big mistake in hindsight. I think McCain wouldn't have made same mistakes in Iraq. The left in the USA was dead after 9/11 and it mostly revived died to the Iraq War lies. If you dislike Obama and today's Wokeism you should recognize that is where it began. Hillary voting for the war is the main reason she wasn't the overwhelming primary winner in 2008 with Obama instead being VP.

I feel that Clinton did a good job and governed from the center, don't see how Perot could've left the USA in any better shape by 2001.
By shrinking the federal gov't and along with it excessive spending, which led to us now being $30T in debt.

The private sector would have Trillions more to invest and spend, instead of DC, who just spends, and cannot produce anything.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:10 PM

298 posts, read 116,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Desantis is riding the far out wake of what Trump did. Making big "wins" and "tough talk" on fake issues like trans and corona (even though he shut down the state). Kari Lake is at least running a jet ski behind Trump.
Desantis is the heir apparent unless something changes.

I predict that Trump runs in 2024. He'll probably get the nomination, but I have doubts that he'll win.

Desantis will get the nomination in 2028 and will win.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:26 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Yeah, after Newt won the House with the "Contract with America," Clinton became a pretty good President.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:27 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
We would have not even remotely faced the current barely functioning government, and the rise of the far right and far left. Those candidates try and get votes for being elected president on every wedge issue under the sun.

Conclusion, the US is a failure for not having a strong viable third party.
IMO no. I'm a big fan of RP the business man. He would have been an utter flop as president.

The rise of the far left and right as we suffer both today is in the main because as George W. Bush called it years ago our primary system rewards emotional firebrands and ideologues over the calm, deliberative and sometimes compromising.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:30 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
I can't stand Trump, couldn't stand Obama, and had very little nice to say about Bush or Clinton. I am excited about DeSantis and think he will make a great next President to help provide stability after this Abomination.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:32 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
I really liked Perot and voted for him.
But that said, in the end it just got us Bill Clinton as President.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:38 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
We would have not even remotely faced the current barely functioning government, and the rise of the far right and far left. Those candidates try and get votes for being elected president on every wedge issue under the sun.

Conclusion, the US is a failure for not having a strong viable third party.

I voted for Perot. But he pulled out when he was out in front because of some threat to his daughters wedding. Without that faux pas he would have probably won. And I agree we would have a much better country today.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:06 AM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I voted for Perot. But he pulled out when he was out in front because of some threat to his daughters wedding. Without that faux pas he would have probably won. And I agree we would have a much better country today.
He pulled out because he wasn't able to articulate his positions well and then re-entered the race. On multiple occasions he investigated his own people, forced loyalty oaths etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies