Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:25 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Having a normal sex drive does NOT mean "no self control"; if you think it does, that sounds more like a repression and fear mindset than an accurate assessment.

People with normal sex drives have sex, no, not in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner, but they have it. Are you honestly revealing that you don't know the difference?

The suggestion was to not have sex. Full stop. That and " no self control" are opposite-sides hyperbole. Neither proves a point except to try to exaggerate and be unrealistic.

Except, as I said, for people with very low sex drives. But they are not the majority and never have been.
No, what I'm saying is that I've never been in a situation where I could not help myself from doing something if I decided it wasn't in my best interests. I control my desires, not the other way around. The mere thought of not having control of myself scares me. I have a brain. That brain is there to control my actions. If it can't do that, then my brain is defective. It's one of the main features that separate us from the lower orders of the animal kingdom. I wouldn't expect a termite to be able to think things through. It just does what it does. But I do expect a human to be able to do so. If not, there is either something not quite right or the IQ just isn't up to snuff. One thing I will guarantee you: although I have a sex drive, it certainly doesn't call the shots and I certainly will not let it ruin my life.

And yeah... I know everyone is not like that. That's why so many people f-up so badly.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:33 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Can you imagine telling people you are moving so you can have abortions?

At least they probably don't have a family. If they did, jesus.
Realistically how many can one woman have in a year.
There needs to be some medical healing before going for the next one.

So what..3 months ? That would only be 4 abortions a year. And you're moving for that ???

Old 06-28-2022, 04:35 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

So what..3 months ? That would only be 4 abortions a year. And you're moving for that ???
Today’s Democrats see nothing wrong with the same woman having 4 abortions per year. Sick people.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:46 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, what I'm saying is that I've never been in a situation where I could not help myself from doing something if I decided it wasn't in my best interests. I control my desires, not the other way around. The mere thought of not having control of myself scares me. I have a brain. That brain is there to control my actions. If it can't do that, then my brain is defective. It's one of the main features that separate us from the lower orders of the animal kingdom. I wouldn't expect a termite to be able to think things through. It just does what it does. But I do expect a human to be able to do so. If not, there is either something not quite right or the IQ just isn't up to snuff. One thing I will guarantee you: although I have a sex drive, it certainly doesn't call the shots and I certainly will not let it ruin my life.

And yeah... I know everyone is not like that. That's why so many people f-up so badly.
How exemplary you are! And how non-defective, per your words.

And until the entire world decides to be just like you, per your parameters, walking in lock step with one another, obediently...sex will keep happening under all different circumstances.

And this is what states that ban abortions will be dealing with.

Sex is not going to stop happening. Neither will the condom that breaks, or that one forgotten pill out of hundreds and hundreds of pills. So I hope your state has a plan. You guys already have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation and that's before the SCOTUS ruling.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:49 PM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
These greedy corporations would much rather throw a few bucks at an abortion clinic to avoid giving a mother time off for maternity leave.

It's all about the money. The corporations spend less if more of their female employees choose to kill their unborn children. Sad, really.
Now the men can see which co-workers "put out".

Old 06-28-2022, 04:51 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:

And until the entire world decides to be just like you, per your parameters, walking in lock step with one another, obediently...sex will keep happening under all different circumstances.

Sex is not going to stop happening. Neither will the condom that breaks, or that one forgotten pill out of hundreds and hundreds of pills. So I hope your state has a plan. You guys already have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation and that's before the SCOTUS ruling.
Do they also have the highest abortion rate in the nation ?

Old 06-28-2022, 04:53 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:

I think this might be a new "recreational culture" coming on. The recreational abortioner does exactly what you are mentioning here. So rather than going scuba diving, or hang gliding, or biking, or kayaking, the recreational abortioner gets his or her thrills by having abortions.

Quote:

I think someone here is just upset because he (or she) doesn't have control over his/her own emotions and actions. Oh well. Different strokes and all...

Old 06-28-2022, 05:03 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Great for Google. Fill the states up with folks who don’t like how their state is run. Should keep the blue folks nice and tidy so they don’t have to deal with the Republican meanies laws and being so close to them.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:04 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Now the men can see which co-workers "put out".
LMAO!!!

Old 06-28-2022, 05:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:

I had a friend in high school who had 8 abortions by the time she graduated. Of course when you are you, you heal faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies