Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Bingo…win win

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Please. Yes. All of you. A 50% decrease in population here would be great. Less of a mess and especially, less woke.

It's amazing how many people on this forum freely admit they have no self control over their own actions. Scary.

Great idea. If you're a incontrollable bedhopper... off they come.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
See no big deal. Everyone having a hissy fit over this ruling for nothing.
So don’t worry, you can just move to another state because you’re that concerned about getting knocked up.
Or that concerned with living in a state that places so little value on women's bodily rights. One or the other, right?

Keep minimizing this, but it's actually a pretty big deal.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:29 PM

43,090 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Or that concerned with living in a state that places so little value on women's bodily rights. One or the other, right?

Keep minimizing this, but it's actually a pretty big deal.
Well if you are moving for political reasons...abortion then you would not have been living there to begin with.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Realistically how many can one woman have in a year.
There needs to be some medical healing before going for the next one.

So what..3 months ? That would only be 4 abortions a year. And you're moving for that ???
No. Nobody is moving for that.

People likely are moving because they want to live in a state that places value on a woman's right to choose what to do with her body.

I have never met anyone who had four abortions in a year. Or total, for that matter. And I've lifed half my life in NY/NJ and the other half in Los Angeles.

It is about rights. Remember when conservatives were screaming all over airplanes because they had to wear one piece of cloth? Well, um...now voters of all kinds are up in arms over the decision that states can tell women what to do with *their* bodies, and it involves something a little more serious than wearing a piece of cloth.

So let's not hear sarcastic minimizations hinting that women would move to all corners of the earth so they can have seasonal abortions like clockwork, shall we? It's pretty dishonest.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:32 PM

43,090 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No. Nobody is moving for that.

People likely are moving because they want to live in a state that places value on a woman's right to choose what to do with her body.

I have never met anyone who had four abortions in a year. Or total, for that matter. And I've lifed half my life in NY/NJ and the other half in Los Angeles.

It is about rights. Remember when conservatives were screaming all over airplanes because they had to wear one piece of cloth? Well, um...now voters of all kinds are up in arms over the decision that states can tell women what to do with *their* bodies, and it involves something a little more serious than wearing a piece of cloth.

So let's not hear sarcastic minimizations hinting that women would move to all corners of the earth so they can have seasonal abortions like clockwork, shall we? It's pretty dishonest.
I'm sure hundreds of millions of people will be moving soon to leftist states under your assumption..yes ?

So in your book they aren't moving for access to abortion but on the principals of having abortions readily available.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Well if you are moving for political reasons...abortion then you would not have been living there to begin with.
Says who? Moving is expensive and unless you have a guarantee of a job out of state you are probably staying where you are until you do.

I hear conservatives whimpering about how they could get out of their dirty darned lib states. Nobody seems to blink an eye that they're not living in Handmaid's Tale states to begin with. Well, why not?

It couldn't be because relocating, leaving family, finding a job in an entirely different state and so on can be incredibly difficult and it would take a very large incentive to do it...could it?

Logic.

But now that the hammer has come down that some states can and will be treating women like breeders, it is a larger incentive and if a relocation move is covered by a company, it is easier.

Again. Logic.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I'm sure hundreds of millions of people will be moving soon to leftist states under your assumption..yes ?

So in your book they aren't moving for access to abortion but on the principals of having abortions readily available.
Huh? Hundreds of millions? We only have a little over three hundred million people in the entire country. Men, women and children all included.

Are you saying the overwhelming majority of the U.S. is liberal? Now that is an interesting take. Thanks for the intel.

As to how many people will move, I have no idea. We were talking about Google. Is every single company offering what Google is? If so, maybe. If not, it would certainly be harder.

There's that logic thing again.

No, not "in my book," and no to the second part of that second sentence. People would, I would assume, be moving because states that don't value women's rights to choose what to do with their own bodies, might do anything next. Maybe not even just to women, imagine that. Hmmm.

Why did conservatives scream and thrash about wearing a piece of cloth? If you can answer that question I'll bet you can answer your own (dishonest) questions.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I had a friend in high school who had 8 abortions by the time she graduated. Of course when you are you, you heal faster.
She may have been the victim of abuse. Excesses like that can be due to abuse, particularly sexual abuse. Did anyone think to check up on her when she said she had had EIGHT abortions before she was even an adult? Did anyone care?

I have literally never heard of such a thing and I live within driving distance of Hollyweird. If I heard a friend had eight (!!!) abortions before graduating I'd be quietly speaking to a guidance counselor.

Did any of you guys do that?

Old 06-28-2022, 05:46 PM

2,713 posts, read 2,214,139 times
How many abortions will a woman need to have to justify moving? Do they not know what birth control is besides abortion?

Old 06-28-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
How many abortions will a woman need to have to justify moving? Do they not know what birth control is besides abortion?
Input was given above, but you do need to read the thread to know what it is.

No, nobody in the U.S. is moving in order to be able to have rolling abortions.

I am guessing you're not a woman (or you're a woman who doesn't know much about her own biology) if you believe there is any woman who casually engages in getting pregnant, feeling sick, and having to arrange for and pay for a painful procedure, then bleed for a couple weeks (per my conservative friend's input when she had hers), then getting right back on that horse to do it all over again, perhaps multiple times a year...instead of buying condoms.

The idea of abortion as birth control is ridiculous and may exist in some corner somewhere, but only as masochism or for someone with endless time and money on her hands, an incredibly understanding boss and no desire to keep her uterus.

For the other probably 99% of women or more, nope. Nobody plans to have sex and just keep getting abortions eternally, instead of just having a guy slip one on. It is from what I understand a process, and not a fun, easy or inexpensive one.

I mean as demonizing mythology it works fine...I guess, as long as you plan on not really thinking it through much. Or at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies