Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 06:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Are any of the major media companies touching this alleged story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:16 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
A, B, and C.

A: Equal protection under the law. Wrong if only doing it to one group of people, okay if doing it to all.

B: Ought to be fun to watch it done in Austin where the capital is.

C: Damned if you do, damned if you don't......when it comes down to who to vote for. Take your best odds....and I'd rather vote for the side that doesn't disarm you first.

..................and then D. Remember the immortal advice of President General Muhammad Zia ul Haq of Pakistan to CIA boss William Casey! "Being a friend of the United States is like living on the banks of a great river. The soil is wonderfully fertile, but every four or eight years the river changes course, and you may find yourself alone in a desert." (https://www.brownpundits.com/2014/07/). That is, forever watch your back.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:17 AM

2,818 posts, read 2,285,892 times
This is a little click baity. He was specifically asked about if the legislature passed a new sodomy law, would he defend it in court. He then replied he would defend laws passed by the legislature. That's the default job of an attorney general. So it's hard to tell how much he is actually committed to seeing a new sodomy law enacted.

Personally, I think even in the most conservative states there isn't the appetite to revisit sodomy and contraception. Same sex marriage is really the only one where there seems to be some political will to overturn. Even then I'm not sure. Must of the younger right dosent care about the issue or actually supports gay marriage. Plus you still would have an uphill road against the courts

My guess is social conservatives will focus on transgender issues, antiCRT/affirmative action, guns, and separation of church and state issues where there is more passion and frankly a greater chance of success in the courts.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:37 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Sodomy laws are to monkey pox what masks are to covid. Just kidding!

Old 06-29-2022, 07:52 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
There is definitely enough anger\emotion out there right now that the media can easily click bait folks with stories of birth control bans and sodomy laws etc.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:38 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Who here thinks this is a good idea?"
It is a BAD idea to cherry pick which laws to enforce and NOT enforce.

Don't like a law, work to get it changed.

It is the "American way"!

If there is no chance in your state to get a law changed and it bothers you as much as you claim, move to a state better suited to your positions.

Or are you "all talk and NO action"?
I am a Libertarian. There is no state that fits everything important to me. I have lived in the reddest and bluest areas and politics has little to do with where I reside.

As far as what to enforce. There are polygamy laws probably in all states.They are rarely enforced unless some other underlying crime was committed. Same in Texas when they had their sodomy law. So the AG has to pick and choose what to investigate. There are limited resources. If this is going to be an automatic priority that is very telling.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:43 AM

6,102 posts, read 2,725,398 times
These so-called conservatives talk about limited government but they are all about the government in your business when it fits their agenda.

1,213 posts, read 568,081 times
What a bunch of drama queens.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
WHY is that man not in prison???

He's got a felony indictment, for God's sake.

Take him out.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...al-supporters/

Old 06-29-2022, 09:45 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
A, B, and C.

A: Equal protection under the law. Wrong if only doing it to one group of people, okay if doing it to all.

B: Ought to be fun to watch it done in Austin where the capital is.

C: Damned if you do, damned if you don't......when it comes down to who to vote for. Take your best odds....and I'd rather vote for the side that doesn't disarm you first.

..................and then D. Remember the immortal advice of President General Muhammad Zia ul Haq of Pakistan to CIA boss William Casey! "Being a friend of the United States is like living on the banks of a great river. The soil is wonderfully fertile, but every four or eight years the river changes course, and you may find yourself alone in a desert." (https://www.brownpundits.com/2014/07/). That is, forever watch your back.

Very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies