Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 02:46 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
How about New York, the sewer of the US?
Now that's more like it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 02:47 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
They also leaked the names, amounts, home addresses and places of employment by those living in San Francisco and surrounding bay area who donated to the republican party back in 2016.

There's going to come a time when dealing with these types in a civilized manner is just no longer going to be an option anymore.
That time is long gone. Myself I just ignore them altogether as they're not worth one second of my time.

Old 06-29-2022, 03:36 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I could make the case it's the public's right to know.

Like, for example, you can look up your doctor's licensure status, or a cosmetologist, or dentist, or a teacher's certification, and so on.

Why not know whether your housekeeper, or lawn or pool guy is carrying? I think I have every right to know whether someone working inside my house has a loaded gun on their person.
Screwdrivers, hammers, forks and knives too

Old 06-29-2022, 05:27 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
I could make the case it's the public's right to know.

Like, for example, you can look up your doctor's licensure status, or a cosmetologist, or dentist, or a teacher's certification, and so on.

Why not know whether your housekeeper, or lawn or pool guy is carrying? I think I have every right to know whether someone working inside my house has a loaded gun on their person.
So women who have a stalker who has threatened their life so they bought a gun, it is ok now that the stalker knows where they live and that they are armed. The police can't/won't protect them.And according to the courts the police have no obligation to protect them anyway.
Or like a friend who worked 20 years in gang country as a cop, now the gangs know where he lives.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
So women who have a stalker who has threatened their life so they bought a gun, it is ok now that the stalker knows where they live and that they are armed. The police can't/won't protect them.And according to the courts the police have no obligation to protect them anyway.
Or like a friend who worked 20 years in gang country as a cop, now the gangs know where he lives.
If a woman's got a stalker who is threatening her life so much so that she carries a gun on her person, I DAMN sure want to know about that before I have her over to the house.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
If a woman's got a stalker who is threatening her life so much so that she carries a gun on her person, I DAMN sure want to know about that before I have her over to the house.
So as long as you know, it is ok that the person who threatened her knows? I hope you make sure your friends know that you care nothing about their life.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
So as long as you know, it is ok that the person who threatened her knows?
I think a stalker knowing his victim is packing a loaded gun and is prepared to use it, might calm him down a little, don't you think?

Old 06-29-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think a stalker knowing his victim is packing a loaded gun and is prepared to use it, might calm him down a little, don't you think?
Not really. A stalker would most likely be mentally ill.

Old 06-29-2022, 06:09 PM

6,387 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
No, I don't. In fact, it would very likely cause the stalker to "ramp up" in their actions. These people want the attention, they want to know the victim is paying attention to them. Seeing their name and address on a list of people that have guns feeds right into their motives and just emboldens them more. Especially if they think it is because of them.

I'd actually feel safer if I knew there were people "packing" in my neighborhood. Because people who follow the law and do what they are supposed to do are not the ones who tend to cause the problem. But in no way do I think that these names and especially addresses should be put out there for public viewing.

But gees...as long as YOU know the victim has a gun to protect themselves putting out someone's personal information is all good...

If you want to know if someone in your house has a gun...ask them. An honest person would tell you the truth. A dishonest person won't, but then again a dishonest person wouldn't register their gun in the first place..

Old 06-29-2022, 06:11 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
New York lost so many residents in 2020, their accumulated taxable income was $21B.

Gov't regs, high cost of living, & high taxes were cited as reasons.

New York is in decline, & it will look like Detroit or Cleveland some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies