Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 09:18 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you know that the "conversation and private decision between a woman and HER doctor" is a lie why are you continuing to argue with me?

You know It's. A. Lie.

The pro abortion argument is a LIE.
You want the truth? The truth is that a woman always make the decision to abort alone. I was surrounded by people who wanted to help me: my spouse, my parents, my siblings, my friends, and, yes, even a few doctors given that my mother is one, and they have always been a big part of my social circle. There were dozens of voices ready to weigh in, but even my husband agrees with me that I was alone in making the decision to end my pregnancy.

A doctor's role in this situation is consultative and short-term. He or she is there to ensure that the patient fully understands and consents to a procedure, to perform the procedure, and to make a referral for any necessary follow-up. Nonetheless, I don't think the "conversation and private decision between a woman and her doctor" is a lie. The woman makes a decision in consenting to the abortion, and the doctor consents to perform it. Is it a conversation? I'd say so, but maybe you'd be more comfortable calling it coming to an agreement. Doctors who perform abortions do not need to be mental health counselors, and neither should they be.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
You want the truth? The truth is that a woman always make the decision to abort alone. I was surrounded by people who wanted to help me: my spouse, my parents, my siblings, my friends, and, yes, even a few doctors given that my mother is one, and they have always been a big part of my social circle. There were dozens of voices ready to weigh in, but even my husband agrees with me that I was alone in making the decision to end my pregnancy.

A doctor's role is consultative, and in all likelihood, short-term. He or she is there to ensure that the patient fully understands and consents to a procedure, to perform the procedure, and to provide any necessary follow-up. Nonetheless, I don't think the "conversation and private decision between a woman and her doctor" is a lie. The woman makes a decision in consenting to the abortion, and the doctor consents to perform it. Is it a conversation? I'd say so, but maybe you'd be more comfortable calling it coming to an agreement. Doctors who perform abortions do not need to be mental health counselors, and neither should they be.
Exactly.

The woman makes up her mind in the majority of cases BEFORE she sets foot in the clinic. She's heard to the clinic for one reason and one reason only.

There is no conversation between a woman and HER doctor. She says, I want an abortion and the doctor says OK. That's not a decision. That's an ORDER.

The doctor doesn't say, yes, let's kill that human you have in your uterus. Great medical decision. I cannot imagine how many patients an OBGYN would have if word ever got out that they performed abortions. They could never be an OB again. No pregnant woman wants a doctor examining her who has killed other humans in the womb.

The second most used marketing phrase for abortions ... is a LIE.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:28 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
For the 600,000+ women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions, where NO OBGYNs are on staff, what does that dialogue look like?

Since the "conversation between a woman and HER DOCTOR" is the second most used argument for abortion?

And they never have that conversation?

Explain. The. Lie.
Explain why we have a physician shortage in all medical disciplines. Explain why when many of us go to see the "doctor" in recent years we are actually seeing nurses (of various levels of training) and Physician Assistants. Why do ads for medicines tell you to ask your "healthcare provider?"

Actual physicians are getting scarce these days. Don't try to make that a talking point that only applies to abortions.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Exactly.

The woman makes up her mind in the majority of cases BEFORE she sets foot in the clinic. She's heard to the clinic for one reason and one reason only.

There is no conversation between a woman and HER doctor. She says, I want an abortion and the doctor says OK. That's not a decision. That's an ORDER.

The doctor doesn't say, yes, let's kill that human you have in your uterus. Great medical decision. I cannot imagine how many patients an OBGYN would have if word ever got out that they performed abortions. They could never be an OB again. No pregnant woman wants a doctor examining her who has killed other humans in the womb.

The second most used marketing phrase for abortions ... is a LIE.
My situation was unusual, but the woman who performed my abortion was a perinatalogist, who had a thriving practice. One of the best doctors in the state for high-risk pregnancies. Had I not moved to another part of the country before I became pregnant again, I would have continued seeing her. She was the one who referred me to the OB who delivered my daughter, born 18 months after my abortion.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:35 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
For the same reason that non-PP doctors have office hours. Is your GP in his office 24 hours a day?

The type of abortion you refer to above is a surgical procedure, and it's not uncommon that a surgeon meets his or her patient for the first time immediately prior to the procedure. I was referred for a colonoscopy a few months ago. First time I ever saw the gastroenterologist was in the procedure room. Woke up in recovery and never saw him again. Who took care of me in recovery? A nurse. And last week, I was out of town, taking care of an elderly relative, who was hospitalized for a collapsed lung. The surgeon who placed his chest tube? Saw him once after the procedure. Never saw him again. Saw the same few nurses around the clock, though.

My point? Most of the doctors you'll see in your life are fly-bys. They are there to diagnose a condition, perform a procedure, and then move on to the next patient. So while you're not wrong, your anger is misplaced. What you describe is simply the way health care works today. It's by design!

And, btw, if you are lucky enough to receive exceptional care during a health crisis, be sure to thank your nurses.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Explain why we have a physician shortage in all medical disciplines. Explain why when many of us go to see the "doctor" in recent years we are actually seeing nurses (of various levels of training) and Physician Assistants. Why do ads for medicines tell you to ask your "healthcare provider?"

Actual physicians are getting scarce these days. Don't try to make that a talking point that only applies to abortions.
The fact that women refuse to go to their OBGYNs for abortion counseling tells you all you need to know about abortions.

A "physician shortage these days" has absolutely nothing to do with that, but kudos on the attempt at creative misdirection.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The fact that women refuse to go to their OBGYNs for abortion counseling tells you all you need to know about abortions.

A "physician shortage these days" has absolutely nothing to do with that, but kudos on the attempt at creative misdirection.
How do you define abortion counseling? And why do you think women refuse to go to their OBGyns for it? Do you think I did not talk to my OB about pursuing an abortion when my pregnancy went terribly awry? My husband's GP provides medication abortion. He doesn't hide it, so I'm not sure why his patients would avoid him if they want to terminate a pregnancy in the first trimester.

Are you just making this stuff up?

Old 08-16-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
How do you define abortion counseling? And why do you think women refuse to go to their OBGyns for it? Do you think I did not talk to my OB about pursuing an abortion when my pregnancy went terribly awry? My husband's GP provides medication abortion. He doesn't hide it, so I'm not sure why his patients would avoid him if they want to terminate a pregnancy in the first trimester.

Are you just making this stuff up?

Because no OBGYN is going to tell a healthy woman with a healthy human in the womb to kill it. Pretty simple. That OBGYN would never deliver another human. It'd be career suicide. Hey I just killed a perfectly healthy human let me deliver yours!!!! Yeah, no. Not happening.

The pro abortion marketing LIE is that the woman and HER DOCTOR make the decision that the abortion is the very best move.

It's a load of crap. That's why they go to PP where it's like McDs. Just place your order. No pesky OBGYN to explain, yes you are killing a human.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Because no OBGYN is going to tell a healthy woman with a healthy human in the womb to kill it. Pretty simple. That OBGYN would never deliver another human. It'd be career suicide. Hey I just killed a perfectly healthy human let me deliver yours!!!! Yeah, no. Not happening.

The pro abortion marketing LIE is that the woman and HER DOCTOR make the decision that the abortion is the very best move.

It's a load of crap. That's why they go to PP where it's like McDs. Just place your order. No pesky OBGYN to explain, yes you are killing a human.
Women typically go to PP because they don't have a relationship with an OBGyn in private practice, often because they lack adequate health care insurance. I have already told you that my husband's GP prescribes medication abortions and is very open about it. Hasn't kept him from having a thriving practice. And, yes, OF COURSE I talked to my OB at the time when my I decided to abort my pregnancy! Why wouldn't I? My mother is long retired and did not perform abortions, but she made referrals to other providers.

Last edited by kj1065; 08-16-2022 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Redacted because I was unkind.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
You are so full of it! Women go to PP because they don't have a relationship with an OBGyn in private practice, sometimes because of a lack of adequate health care insurance. I have already told you that my husband's GP prescribes medication abortions and is very open about it. Hasn't kept him from having a thriving practice. And, yes, OF COURSE I talked to my OB at the time when my I decided to abort my pregnancy! Why wouldn't I? My mother is long retired and did not perform abortions, but not because she opposed them. My guess is that you're a guy, and you have absolutely no clue what women talk about with their health care providers, whether doctors, nurse practitioners, or others. Stop making ***** up.
Right. So what you are saying is that most women DO NOT have a conversion with THEIR DOCTOR.

And the marketing for abortions is a LIE.

Yeah, no. Thanks for lowering into the gutter and taking a breath from the flailing about in the muck for a personal attack though. Classy. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies