Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 10:12 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. So what you are saying is that most women DO NOT have a conversion with THEIR DOCTOR.

And the marketing for abortions is a LIE.

Yeah, no. Thanks for lowering into the gutter and taking a breath from the flailing about in the muck for a personal attack though. Classy. Typical.
Sorry about that. Let my frustration get the best of me. I've now redacted the post. That being said, nothing you have written indicates that you have a clue about what women talk about with their health care providers. I've already told you that my mother is a retired OB. I have heard a career's worth of stories from her about what she dealt with on a daily basis. Happy stories and those that would break your heart! Women do talk to their doctors. Men might hide things -- I wouldn't know -- but women generally do not.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Sorry about that. Let my frustration get the best of me. I've now redacted the post. That being said, nothing you have written indicates that you have a clue about what women talk about with their health care providers. I've already told you that my mother is a retired OB. I have heard a career's worth of stories from her about what she dealt with on a daily basis. Happy stories and those that would break your heart! Women do talk to their doctors. Men might hide things -- I wouldn't know -- but women generally do not.
Are you backtracking then and stating that 600,000+ women who got abortions at PP -- every one of them --- had a deep heart-to-heart conversation with their OBGYN about whether abortion is right for them and their baby?

That's where you 're backtracking to?

You only have to be paying attention, understand abortion , and understand the LIE that keeps getting marketed, as well as the way Planned Parenthoods are staffed. Has nothing to do with being male or female.

PPs do NOT have OBGYNs on site for intake. Never. Not a one. Only for scheduled abortions.

Those 600,000+ women? Don't talk to a doctor.

Why is that basic FACT so difficult to recognize?

Old 08-16-2022, 10:34 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times
Quote:
Are you backtracking then and stating that 600,000+ women who got abortions at PP -- every one of them --- had a deep heart-to-heart conversation with their OBGYN about whether abortion is right for them and their baby?

You only have to be paying attention, understand abortion , and understand the LIE that keeps getting marketed, as well as the way Planned Parenthoods are staffed. Has nothing to do with being male or female.

PPs do NOT have OBGYNs on site for intake. Never. Not a one. Only for scheduled abortions.

I think what bothers me here is that you assume the physician who performs an abortion should be having a heart-to-heart talk with a patient about whether or not abortion is right for her. Even an OBGyn in private practice who has a long-standing relationship with a patient and makes a referral for abortion should tread very, very carefully. Your description smacks of a situation vulnerable to coercion, and a doctor who performs an abortion should avoid that at all costs. His or her role is to ensure that the patient understands the procedure, consents to have it done, and knows when to call for help if there are complications after she goes home. A patient should seek help from a mental health counselor if she is unsure and wants to talk out her feelings before making a decision.

Last edited by kj1065; 08-16-2022 at 10:45 AM..

Old 08-16-2022, 10:39 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
There seems to be a HUGE objection to calling a human a baby while in the womb.

So let's just call it a human being. Since that description applies from time of conception onward.

I assume you have no objection to 'human being' since that is biologically accurate?

And as such, abortions kill human beings.
The scientific term is embryo or fetus. That is biologically accurate. I assume you have to objection. Lets just call it what it is, embryo or fetus. We can say human embryo or human fetus if it clarifies things.

There seemed to be a HUGE objection to referring to a fetus as a parasite as it is not a scientific term. That is why using the term baby for fetus was called out.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a human life. An embryo is a stage in the human life cycle.
There are many humans that are not viable on their own. Does that mean we can kill them if we decide they're an inconvenience?
Exactly, an embryo is a stage in human development. It is not however, a baby. A baby is yet another stage in human development.
Humans not viable on their own are kept alive by technology.
We can disconnect the technology that keeps them alive via. DNR order, or court order or insistence of a family member.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:44 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,563,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
As a man, I really do not understand why or how women are still "accidentally" getting pregnant in the 21st century. It makes zero sense.

-You have condoms.
-You have a variety of contraception and birth control options.
-You have the pull-out method.
-You have oral and manual stimulation options.
-A woman can track her menstrual cycle and avoid vaginal intercourse on the days she is fertile.

None of this is rocket science.

So why are women still "accidentally" getting pregnant?
Are they idiots? Irresponsible?
Did their birth control some how fail?

What's going on?

"In a study of sexual trends in the United States, researchers at the University of Utah found that promiscuity is rising for women and declining for men. The number of women who've had sex with more than 15 partners has increased over the past few decades, from 3 percent to 7 percent.
The opposite is true of men, who are having sex with fewer partners than they did in previous years, the researchers said."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...-sexually.html
AND, if a man has a desire to have sex with the woman, why doesn't he take precautions and ALWAYS have a condom in his wallet? IF he never wants kids, why doesn't he get neutered?! Why should it always be up to the woman?

Old 08-16-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If you know that the "conversation and private decision between a woman and HER doctor" is a lie why are you continuing to argue with me?

You know It's. A. Lie.

The pro abortion argument is a LIE.

The way it generally goes is a women's takes a home pregnancy test, goes to a medical provider to confirm. Perhaps abortion is a consideration. She discusses it with the medical provider. The medical provider provides options including referrals to abortion providers and counselors. Many abortion providers are required by law to have discussions about abortion and alternatives to make sure a woman makes an informed decision.

The same if a woman is considering adoption. Her physician refers her to adoption services for counsel and information.

The long conversation with an OBGYN about abortion is generally if there is a problem with the pregnancy.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:03 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Because no OBGYN is going to tell a healthy woman with a healthy human in the womb to kill it. Pretty simple. That OBGYN would never deliver another human. It'd be career suicide. Hey I just killed a perfectly healthy human let me deliver yours!!!! Yeah, no. Not happening.

The pro abortion marketing LIE is that the woman and HER DOCTOR make the decision that the abortion is the very best move.

It's a load of crap. That's why they go to PP where it's like McDs. Just place your order. No pesky OBGYN to explain, yes you are killing a human.
Re the bold: You are assuming an awful lot about all OB/GYNs. They are the people who traditionally perform abortions. They are also the ones who perform surgical abortions, because nurses are not allowed to do surgery. They also deliver babies.

You can't put your own attitudes on all OB/GYNs.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:16 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:

I really wonder if you know anything about how PP operates beyond what you read one time on an anti-abortion web site.

And why would you care if a woman talks to a physician or a trained counselor or her best friend before having an abortion? Are you really upset because people use the phrase describing the abortion decision as "between a woman and her doctor?" That just means it is a medical decision that nobody besides the woman and the doctor doing the procedure needs to approve.

Try not to get hung up on semantics.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The scientific term is embryo or fetus. That is biologically accurate. I assume you have to objection. Lets just call it what it is, embryo or fetus. We can say human embryo or human fetus if it clarifies things.

There seemed to be a HUGE objection to referring to a fetus as a parasite as it is not a scientific term. That is why using the term baby for fetus was called out.
Are you denying that what is alive and developing in the womb of a pregnant woman is human from conception?

Yes, it's a human.
No, it's NOT a human.

Those are the answer choices. What do you think from a scientific standpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies