Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 06:56 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,625,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm ignoring nothing at all. That segment that doesn't bother to use birth control either at all or use it inconsistently (not every time, etc.) are 95% of those who end up with unintended pregnancies and over 96% of those who get abortions. And 95% of that is easily prevented.

Do you dispute the fact that Planned Parenthood founded Guttmacher to bolster their mission which includes killing as many minority babies as possible?

Read the data. They KNOW they're either not using birth control at all or have used it inconsistently but had consensual male/female sex anyway, because they admitted that themselves. That is indeed VOLUNTARILY having unprotected sex.
I dispute the fact that you keep relying on this data taken from 2006-2010 and it is now 2022. It really doesn’t matter what the data was in 2006 when we are talking about what is happening 16 years later. Abortion rate have gone down significantly in the past 16 years.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:01 AM

41,881 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
Do you dispute the fact that Planned Parenthood founded Guttmacher to bolster their mission which includes killing as many minority babies as possible?
The only fact in this statement is that Planned Parenthood founded Guttmacher. The truth is that Guttmacher has been independent of Planned Parenthood for more than a decade.

The rest is some twisted fantasy.

Quote:
They KNOW they're either not using birth control at all or have used it inconsistently but had consensual male/female sex anyway, because they admitted that themselves. That is indeed VOLUNTARILY having unprotected sex.
That's not what the publication says, but if you want to keep making stuff up, then you go right ahead. I just know not to believe any of it.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:07 AM

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I dispute the fact that you keep relying on this data taken from 2006-2010 and it is now 2022.
Dispute all you want. That's the most current data there is. Even Guttmacher itself STILL refers to it on their CURRENT Unintended Pregnancy Fact Sheet.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The only fact in this statement is that Planned Parenthood founded Guttmacher. The truth is that Guttmacher has been independent of Planned Parenthood for more than a decade.

The rest is some twisted fantasy.
Is it? Let's take a look...

Abortion Rates by Race and Etnicity, 2019

In the US... Black women are 3.4 times more likely to abort than white women. Hispanic women are 1.7 times more likely to abort. Minority babies are killed at a much higher rate than white babies.

Quote:
That's not what the publication says, but if you want to keep making stuff up, then you go right ahead. I just know not to believe any of it.
That IS what it says. How would Guttmacher know women weren't using birth control or only used it inconsistently (not every time, etc.) unless the women told them so? It's your prerogative to remain in denial, but are you really doing women who end up with unintended pregnancies any favors by sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the FACTS of WHY that happens 95% of the time?

Old 08-17-2022, 07:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,902,269 times
Quote:
Is it? Let's take a look...

Abortion Rates by Race and Etnicity, 2019

In the US... Black women are 3.4 times more likely to abort than white women. Hispanic women are 1.7 times more likely to abort. Minority babies are killed at a much higher rate than white babies.

That IS what it says. How would Guttmacher know women weren't using birth control or only used it inconsistently (not every time, etc.) unless the women told them so? It's your prerogative to remain in denial, but are you really doing women who end up with unintended pregnancies any favors by sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the FACTS of WHY that happens 95% of the time?
What's interesting is Guttmacher has an equity statement on it's website.

I wonder if they will start targeting other races so the number of abortions reflects the demos of country?

Old 08-17-2022, 07:36 AM

41,881 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
These statistics do not point to your twisted assertion that Planned Parenthood "kills as many minority babies as possible". Keep digging that hole ...

Quote:
How would Guttmacher know women weren't using birth control or only used it inconsistently
Show me where the Guttmacher report uses the word 'voluntarily'.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What's interesting is Guttmacher has an equity statement on it's website.

I wonder if they will start targeting other races so the number of abortions reflects the demos of country?
Excellent point. There certainly is no equity in the abortion statistics. Minorities are specifically targeted for higher rates of abortion. And indeed, abortion clinics are far more likely to be located in/near minority neighborhoods. A Black life advocacy group has noted that 78% of Planned Parenthood's abortion clinics are located there.

BlackGenocide.org | Planned Parenthood

Where are all the SJWs (social justice warriors) fighting this blatant discrimination? Nowhere to be found... because Black lives DON'T matter to them.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Show me where the Guttmacher report uses the word 'voluntarily'.
Is it your assertion that instead of this happening voluntarily, "someone" is forcing all those women (over 914,000 per year) to not use birth control each and every time and then forcing them to have sex anyway? You're going to have to prove that.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:53 AM

15,936 posts, read 12,236,371 times
140 pages later this topic is still raging? People who talk about responsible behavior and making logical choices obviously have never had mind blowing sex with a person you found so attractive your biology just wanted to get them pregnant or get pregnant at any cost. Throw in mind altering substances like alcohol and marijuana that remove inhibitions and self control and it's easy to see how unwanted pregnancies occur.

Unless we institute an authoritarian society you will never stop people from engaging in their hedonistic animal impulses, and sex is the strongest craving in nature.. it's the most basic and dates back to the earliest days of evolution. You are not going to shame people into behaving properly unless you punish them for bad behavior, and we don't do that any more in America. In any case, I don't believe the puritans who want total abortion bans will ever gain any significant long term power... their positions will only drive moderates to back voting democrat.

People want a political party that stops meddling in their lives and leaves them alone. Obviously neither one qualifies. Each one wants to fact check, moralize, and assimilate you into their collective. That's why I'm independent, though I vote republican most of the time. After watching the blue side the last 2 years, I want none of that.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:26 AM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
140 pages later this topic is still raging? People who talk about responsible behavior and making logical choices obviously have never had mind blowing sex with a person you found so attractive your biology just wanted to get them pregnant or get pregnant at any cost. Throw in mind altering substances like alcohol and marijuana that remove inhibitions and self control and it's easy to see how unwanted pregnancies occur.

Unless we institute an authoritarian society you will never stop people from engaging in their hedonistic animal impulses, and sex is the strongest craving in nature.. it's the most basic and dates back to the earliest days of evolution. You are not going to shame people into behaving properly unless you punish them for bad behavior, and we don't do that any more in America. In any case, I don't believe the puritans who want total abortion bans will ever gain any significant long term power... their positions will only drive moderates to back voting democrat.

People want a political party that stops meddling in their lives and leaves them alone. Obviously neither one qualifies. Each one wants to fact check, moralize, and assimilate you into their collective. That's why I'm independent, though I vote republican most of the time. After watching the blue side the last 2 years, I want none of that.
Just more excuses for irresponsible behavior. "I just couldn't help myself".

So having laws against murder is meddling in people's lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.