Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 09:04 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Do you ever stop putting words in other peoples mouth? Ever?
No- they seem to think that pro-choice people actually want people to abort. The majority would prefer there be no abortions, but the political component of the pro-life contingent bans abortion without providing any services to help women wrt to actually giving birth to a child or getting childcare for their children. Maternity leave isn’t just for caring for the baby. A woman also needs to physically recover, which can take a while if a woman has a c-section. Yet we don’t offer any paid maternity leave except in a few select states. We don’t have low cost/affordable childcare for infants/small children should people want to keep their babies.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:08 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
By your pro abortion definition of trauma, a grandma in a coma is brutally gang raped for 72 hours by 50 men experiences no trauma. Since she isn't aware and cannot feel the pain.

No trauma. Pro abortioners definition: It's OK to kill and destroy anyone we think can't feel pain or is not aware.
What an imagination you have. I have never met anyone who can come up with such disgusting scenarios.

Your scenario is not a good analogy anyway.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:12 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
140 pages later this topic is still raging? People who talk about responsible behavior and making logical choices obviously have never had mind blowing sex with a person you found so attractive your biology just wanted to get them pregnant or get pregnant at any cost. Throw in mind altering substances like alcohol and marijuana that remove inhibitions and self control and it's easy to see how unwanted pregnancies occur.

Unless we institute an authoritarian society you will never stop people from engaging in their hedonistic animal impulses, and sex is the strongest craving in nature.. it's the most basic and dates back to the earliest days of evolution. You are not going to shame people into behaving properly unless you punish them for bad behavior, and we don't do that any more in America. In any case, I don't believe the puritans who want total abortion bans will ever gain any significant long term power... their positions will only drive moderates to back voting democrat.

People want a political party that stops meddling in their lives and leaves them alone. Obviously neither one qualifies. Each one wants to fact check, moralize, and assimilate you into their collective. That's why I'm independent, though I vote republican most of the time. After watching the blue side the last 2 years, I want none of that.
Exactly! The number of abortions has been declining. 2017-2020 there has been a slight uptick, but overall since its highest rate in 1990 the number of abortions has greatly decreased. The number of births and the fertility rate has also been steadily declining. So women are more responsible. BUT it will never be 100%. There are always those who let their hormones rule them, let addiction rule them, are coerced, ect. You are not going to get 100% of the population to be responsible 100% of the time.
Personally, I think we have made great strides in reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
An embryo or early fetus is not aware and cannot feel pain. Therefore not traumatic.
Like this disgusting scenario? Traumatizing a human because YOU believe that they are not aware and can't feel pain?

If you don't like disgusting scenarios, then stop posting about them.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:18 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
140 pages later this topic is still raging?
I don't think there has been a new argument made since page 35 or so. Once a thread reaches this point it's just a case of stubborn people refusing to let someone from the other side of the argument have the last word.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just more excuses for irresponsible behavior. "I just couldn't help myself".

So having laws against murder is meddling in people's lives?
Why is there a need to make excuse. It just is what it is.
At the present time abortion is not murder. First an embryo/fetus must gain legal personhood.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Human life.
At what stage of development?

Old 08-18-2022, 09:46 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
At what stage of development?
Just one of many that are successive throughout the human life cycle. SCIENCE.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:47 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I was quite clear.

I know the difference between a miscarriage and an abortion.

No need to point it out.

Would you like to address the idea in my post, which is that while people decry the loss of a an aborted foetus by choice, the loss of a spontaneously aborted foetus prompts hardly a mention.
It has been my experiences that when someone suffers a miscarriage there is a great deal of compassion offered. A loss is a loss and none are uplifting. What makes the loss even more heartbreaking, and what people "decry", is when the loss is by choice and perhaps not considered a loss at all but a relief.
Quote:
I mean, when I had a miscarriage, there wasn't even a time of death called. No funeral, no death certificate, in fact the nurse had me go to the bathroom to get it out. Didn't really seem phased by the whole thing.
The same unfortunately is likely true of all abortions.
Quote:
So while some can say foetus = baby, if it had been a born baby that I'd lost, it would have been treated entirely differently than the loss of a foetus, however that loss of pregnancy might come about.
True, that is how we've been conditioned. Kind of an 'out of sight out of mind' scenario, except to the expectant mother.
Quote:
That foetus might have been a life, but no one but me and my husband gave a crap.

And quite rightly so. Foetuses are not babies, imho, until they're viable. And no one treats them like such except happily expectant families and pro lifers.

Perspectives definitely play a part. Whether from the standpoint of an excited future parent or the stressed out unwilling woman, how it is viewed is based on emotions. But that doesn't change the fact the fetus is still the fetus. It is no less present, alive and developing regardless of viewpoints, emotions or choices involved. It is either the child of the woman who carries it, or it is part of tomorrows clinical garbage.

You know my view.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Anyone want to take the time to explain to FR the difference between elective abortions and miscarriages?
Fist you explain the difference in the life of the aborted fetus and the miscarried fetus. How is one an actual important life and one not an actual important life?
If one person dies from a gunshot wound and one dies of cancer is the one's life who died of cancer not equally important as the one who die of a gunshot wound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies