Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 10:07 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Accident simply means that it was not intentional. My pregnancy was not intentional.
That's like saying you didn't intend to get burned when you played around the fire.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:30 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It completely boggles my mind how many people on here refuse to believe that accidents happen, as well as those who will respond to a post without apparently reading it. (Either that or their reading comprehension appears to be way below average.)
It boggles MY mind that people don't understand that MOST accidents are preventable...

In almost 100% of accidents there was some act of negligence that greatly improved the odds of the accident happening.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:37 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
As a man, I really do not understand why or how women are still "accidentally" getting pregnant in the 21st century. It makes zero sense.

-You have condoms.
-You have a variety of contraception and birth control options.
-You have the pull-out method.
-You have oral and manual stimulation options.
-A woman can track her menstrual cycle and avoid vaginal intercourse on the days she is fertile.

None of this is rocket science.

So why are women still "accidentally" getting pregnant?
Are they idiots? Irresponsible?
Did their birth control some how fail?

What's going on?

"In a study of sexual trends in the United States, researchers at the University of Utah found that promiscuity is rising for women and declining for men. The number of women who've had sex with more than 15 partners has increased over the past few decades, from 3 percent to 7 percent.
The opposite is true of men, who are having sex with fewer partners than they did in previous years, the researchers said."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...-sexually.html
Prices vary depending on whether you have health insurance, or if you qualify for Medicaid or other government programs that cover the cost of birth control pills. For most brands, 1 pill pack lasts for 1 month, and each pack can cost anywhere from $0-“$50” per month.

You may also need to pay for an appointment with a doctor or nurse to get a prescription for the pill. This visit can cost anywhere from $35–$250.
Even with Obamacare many still uninsured out there. Then there was trump -

In October 2017, the Trump administration made it much easier for an employer to exclude contraceptive coverage from any health plan it offers to its employees and their dependents. One regulation allows any employer—nonprofit or for-profit—to exclude some or all contraceptive methods and services from the health plans it sponsors if the employer has religious objections. Another regulation allows employers with moral objections to do the same, although it applies to a slightly narrower set of employers
https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...contraceptives

Old 06-29-2022, 10:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Prices vary depending on whether you have health insurance, or if you qualify for Medicaid or other government programs that cover the cost of birth control pills. For most brands, 1 pill pack lasts for 1 month, and each pack can cost anywhere from $0-“$50” per month.

You may also need to pay for an appointment with a doctor or nurse to get a prescription for the pill. This visit can cost anywhere from $35–$250.
Even with Obamacare many still uninsured out there. Then there was trump -

In October 2017, the Trump administration made it much easier for an employer to exclude contraceptive coverage from any health plan it offers to its employees and their dependents. One regulation allows any employer—nonprofit or for-profit—to exclude some or all contraceptive methods and services from the health plans it sponsors if the employer has religious objections. Another regulation allows employers with moral objections to do the same, although it applies to a slightly narrower set of employers
https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...contraceptives
Except nothing is needed to simply buy over the counter birth control by either party.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:43 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
It boggles MY mind that people don't understand that MOST accidents are preventable...

In almost 100% of accidents there was some act of negligence that greatly improved the odds of the accident happening.
I never said that ALL unwanted pregnancies were the result of accidents, only that SOME were. Just to name one example, condoms do occasionally break. If you truly care about the truth, please read the following that gives the failure rate of each birth control method. https://americanpregnancy.org/unplan...ntrol-failure/

However, I do agree with you that MOST of the time, accidents can be prevented, but not ALWAYS. and sometimes unwanted pregnancies started out as being wanted pregnancies.

Thank you for proving the truth of my post, though!

Old 06-29-2022, 10:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:

Bingo

Old 06-29-2022, 10:52 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:

Yet how many accidents- of all types happen every day and hurt n kill people - and continue to happen. Can’t change people. Just can’t. Nothing good will come from this ban. Nothing. There’s no upside forcing women to deliver a unwanted child.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Bingo. If sex workers and adult actresses know how to properly use contraceptives and birth control, the average person has no excuse. Because the average person usually looks down on people in those professions.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yet how many accidents- of all types happen every day and hurt n kill people - and continue to happen. Can’t change people. Just can’t. Nothing good will come from this ban. Nothing. There’s no upside forcing women to deliver a unwanted child.
Unfortunately for you, "good" is subjective.

And no one is being forced to deliver a baby, that's why birth control and contraceptives exist.

If career sex workers can properly use it, you can too. Certainly the average woman is smarter than the average sex worker.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Yeah. Abortion went too far and became an easy out and a way to clean up the mess when you just didn't want to bother with the hard stuff. I'm not saying EVERYONE does this but too many do. Knowing that abortion may not always be available on demand when you want it will force people to be more proactive about preventing pregnancy, knowing when you're fertile so you can avoid sex, paying attention so you can identify a pregnancy early. People get lazy when they know there's no real consequences, that's just how humans are.

I'm prochoice for elective abortions up to a point (12-15 weeks maybe?), but everyone is going to have to accept that it's not always about them, at some point the life inside you is just as important as your are. If you can't accept that get your tubes tied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies