Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 10:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…They’re more interested in blaming meanie men than women taking responsibility for consequences that can occur.
Yep.

Eat that LOBSTER girl!!! GO FOR IT!!!

Who cares if you end up in the ER?

They care NOTHING for the woman, just kill that human. That's all that matters.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
By your logic things will remain status quo, as blaming men, versus women not taking responsibility because they’re the ones that get pregnant, will continue to result in huge numbers of unwanted pregnancies.
Telling men, expecting men to be responsible for their own sperm isn’t blaming men. It’s holding them to the same standards as society holds women. Nothing to do with blame.

It is not society personal business to know if Debbie from the dentist office is using bc.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:50 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, your statistic is WRONG (I gave details and a link explaining how), and higher-income women have the highest abortion rate for unintended pregnancies. You'd have to be daft to think that higher-income women are not capable of making good choices or being responsible 100% of the time. They're just being careless and don't mind killing a human life solely for the sake of their own convenience.
Nope. All statistics say lower income women have more abortions. I have copied and pasted that from three sources with links including the institute you provided. Poverty and lower education level are correlated to abortions. It is in every single legitimate source.

No one, except you, said high income women are not capable of making good choices or being responsible. Not even close.

Regardless of income level of the women of childbearing age in the US ~1.2% had abortions. Therefore 98.8% of women of childbearing age did not have an unwanted pregnancy.

Yes some of those 1.2% are being careless. That is what I have been saying.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:11 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Or, women could simply say no when a man won’t use birth control, or they could use birth control themselves due to them being the ones that get pregnant.

Good luck with that as that’s not always reality, so instead of taking the chance that the man isn’t going to stick around, use birth control or just say no. Men can’t get pregnant.
Those simple facts fly right over these women's heads. I just have to shake my head in disbelief. It's like they aren't familiar with the simple word "no" to men who refuse to use birth control and then they refuse to take the blame for agreeing to have sex with these men and therefore get pregnant. If both the woman and the man use birth control the likelyhood of a pregnancy is slim to none.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:18 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Telling men, expecting men to be responsible for their own sperm isn’t blaming men. It’s holding them to the same standards as society holds women. Nothing to do with blame.

It is not society personal business to know if Debbie from the dentist office is using bc.
Except you’re blaming them yet they can’t get pregnant. If a woman is going to have sex with a man that won’t use birth control, and won’t use birth control herself, she’s asking to get pregnant.

Quite the strawman argument as nobody said anything about knowing who’s using birth control…and for women that don’t, it will continue to result in a hUUUge amount of unwanted pregnancies, single mothers, etc…

Old 08-22-2022, 11:21 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those simple facts fly right over these women's heads. I just have to shake my head in disbelief. It's like they aren't familiar with the simple word "no" to men who refuse to use birth control and then they refuse to take the blame for agreeing to have sex with these men and therefore get pregnant. If both the woman and the man use birth control the likelyhood of a pregnancy is slim to none.
It likely hits extremely close to home, yet they still continue to make excuses and blame meanie men versus women taking precautions to keep from getting pregnant.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
It's as if they sit down to share a lobster dinner.

The woman is allergic to shellfish. The man isn't.

But it's HIS fault she ends up in the ER.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Thank goodness its only~1.2%.
In contrast:
Approximately
6% have substance use disorder
40% are obese
7.9% contracted an STD
7.6% suffered accidental injury

And that is a conservative estimate based on 328,000,000 population whereas unwanted pregnancies are based on 65,000,000 (estimated women between the ages of 15 and 44)

7.7% are incarcerated (based on and estimate of 26,000,000 persons over the age of 18.

Lots of irresponsible people.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:58 AM

1,925 posts, read 557,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who is exempt from managing their overall health; diet, alcohol consumption, exercise, etc.
No one, thanks for proving my point.

Old 08-22-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Who else gets pregnant but the woman? Who else is responsible for protecting themselves from an unwanted pregnancy? Are they forced to have sex with a man who won't protect himself to?
If that is your contention, then why is everyone else inserting their nose into the womans pregnancy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies