Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 02:08 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Having sex with more partners doesn't get you more pregnant. It takes one sperm and one egg.

It increases the likelihood when you're out there acting like a street walker.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:15 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
Should every women try to take responsible for their actions? Yes.

Should potential rape victims be forced to give birth because you want to punish 'loose' women? Heck no. If someone sins against their faith by getting an abortion of convenience that is between them and their God.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:19 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

It increases the likelihood when you're out there acting like a street walker.
Says the guy that puts it anywhere he can with no thought to the consequences of his actions..

Old 06-29-2022, 02:20 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,202,002 times
In general, my answer to the original question is yes, women need to take more responsibility for their sexual health.

But, so do men. And by that I mean they need to also have some sense of responsibility about potential pregnancies. (obviously that doesn't work in cases of rape, but I'm going with the assumption that rape results in a relatively low number of pregnancies)

Old 06-29-2022, 02:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublikEnem-E View Post
Not to mention the right is talking about banning them all together.
Jeebus. Can we have just one discussion without someone making up some tinfoil hat the-sky-is-falling bull****?

Old 06-29-2022, 02:24 PM

25,716 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Especially young black women who are 4.8x more likely to abort a fetus....shame on them!

I'm for exceptions for rape & incest, but besides that, young black women need to take more responsibility especially...& the men who they are having sex with too.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:25 PM

9,500 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Says the guy that puts it anywhere he can with no thought to the consequences of his actions..
Except in the case of rape, which represents a tiny fraction of abortions, the guy was allowed by a woman to "put it" somewhere that resulted in a pregnancy. Just say "no". Practice saying it in the mirror. It's only one syllable, after all. Or are you a misogynist are thinks women are too weak to say no? That seems to be what you're saying. Not sure why you think so little of women.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:27 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,676 times
"Why is there a need for such violence?" says Capuchin monk living on the Planet of the Apes.

The ape reference was on purpose, we're brainy primates absolutely built to hunt, gather, and breed, prodded by the slave-driver that is evolution. Self-control is scarce at best, a downright illusion at worst. Yes, everyone should do a lot of things. But once again, zoom out. 8 billion apes on a space rock.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:46 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Except in the case of rape, which represents a tiny fraction of abortions, the guy was allowed by a woman to "put it" somewhere that resulted in a pregnancy. Just say "no". Practice saying it in the mirror. It's only one syllable, after all. Or are you a misogynist are thinks women are too weak to say no? That seems to be what you're saying. Not sure why you think so little of women.
No it was a misogynist that I responded to, or do you see no responsibility on the male to wrap it?

Old 06-29-2022, 02:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
As a man, I really do not understand why or how women are still "accidentally" getting pregnant in the 21st century. It makes zero sense.

-You have condoms.
-You have a variety of contraception and birth control options.
-You have the pull-out method.
-You have oral and manual stimulation options.
-A woman can track her menstrual cycle and avoid vaginal intercourse on the days she is fertile.

None of this is rocket science.

So why are women still "accidentally" getting pregnant?
Are they idiots? Irresponsible?
Did their birth control some how fail?

What's going on?

"In a study of sexual trends in the United States, researchers at the University of Utah found that promiscuity is rising for women and declining for men. The number of women who've had sex with more than 15 partners has increased over the past few decades, from 3 percent to 7 percent.
The opposite is true of men, who are having sex with fewer partners than they did in previous years, the researchers said."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...-sexually.html
Do you realize that the "pull out" method relies exclusively on the man to do it effectively?

Also, condoms - exclusively on the man to put it on right and keep it on? The woman will have no idea during the act if it's come off, or torn, etc.

I'm beginning to think that some posters who don't understand dynamics like this, and also the dynamic of a man asking please could he just do it for awhile without a condom, maybe have never been in a sexual relationship? Anyone saying women can use the pull-out method, well, doesn't know what that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies