Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 04:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Do you expect all fertile women to test monthly to see if she’s pregnant even when she’s consistent on her bc?
If one is irregular it sure does seem like a good idea.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:36 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Women who don't want to get pregnant should police themselves!

Old 08-28-2022, 04:37 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If one is irregular it sure does seem like a good idea.
I thought this thread was about abortion, so what is the purpose of testing every month? She'll know soon enough, and testing doesn't preclude aborting a pregnancy.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:37 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,854,763 times
If you're taking BC that prevents periods and you don't have a period, not having a period isn't going to be a red flag for you.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:38 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So you people want every sexually active woman using BC, to also test every single month until menopause, and maybe after? Are you INSANE?

A woman may not know she is pregnant at 6 weeks. At that point in time she may not even know she is having a miscarriage. Embryo too small see anything.

I would like Suzy Q, medical professional, to comment on this. I was taking the Pill (husband not using condom), did not miss any, and got my period exactly on time with no excessive bleeding. Everything seemed perfectly normal.

Happened to have a GYN exam soon after. My doctor in examining me asked if I had been trying to get pregnant. Your period was on time and normal? Yes. He said from my exam that he thought I might have been pregnant and had a miscarriage because my "parts" looked blue instead of pink. Imagine THAT?

Re-read my first paragraph. I suppose some of you posters think you know more than an OB/GYN does. In the early weeks of pregnancy a lot is unknown, and anything can happen.
No. Only if you’re really irregular.

I would want to know if I was pregnant, especially if I wanted an abortion because the sooner the better.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:43 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,186,657 times
Quote:
I responded in general how a woman runs her reproduction is her business. I responded to people thinking a woman should have to test every month when she takes bc. Women should use bc. To expect them to use two, three methods and test for pregnancy every month is unrealistic. Then what? Let’s say she’s pregnant, anti choice still wants her to give birth despite all she’s done not to get pregnant.
No idea where you’re coming up with anyone saying a woman should use 2 to 3 forms of birth control every time.

So you think taking 5 minutes out of one’s time to find out asap if they’re pregnant isn’t worth it. Got it.

Umm, 6 weeks is the timeline in which to get an abortion in many states. Taking a 5 minute test will help greatly.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:45 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,186,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So you people want every sexually active woman using BC, to also test every single month until menopause, and maybe after? Are you INSANE?

A woman may not know she is pregnant at 6 weeks. At that point in time she may not even know she is having a miscarriage. Embryo too small see anything.

I would like Suzy Q, medical professional, to comment on this. I was taking the Pill (husband not using condom), did not miss any, and got my period exactly on time with no excessive bleeding. Everything seemed perfectly normal.

Happened to have a GYN exam soon after. My doctor in examining me asked if I had been trying to get pregnant. No. Your period was on time and normal? Yes. He said from my exam that he thought I might have been pregnant and had a miscarriage because my "parts" looked blue instead of pink. Imagine THAT?

Re-read my first paragraph. I suppose some of you posters think you know more than an OB/GYN does. In the early weeks of pregnancy a lot is unknown, and anything can happen.
Taking a pregnancy test will let women know they’re pregnant asap and within the 6 week timeline. It’s really that simple.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:47 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And do they? Wear a condom every time?
The point is that if a woman is agreeing to have sex with a man she should make sure that he does use a condom if she wants to make sure she doesn't get pregnant combined with her own BC measure to. How hard it that? Many men ask their female partner prior to having sex if they are on the pill to. What's the difference?

Old 08-28-2022, 04:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No idea where you’re coming up with anyone saying a woman should use 2 to 3 forms of birth control every time.

So you think taking 5 minutes out of one’s time to find out asap if they’re pregnant isn’t worth it. Got it.

Umm, 6 weeks is the timeline in which to get an abortion in many states. Taking a 5 minute test will help greatly.
I came into the conversation when posters questioned another’s experience of not knowing they were pregnant for 3 months it isn’t unusual. Don’t you advocate for using two three methods of bc? Expecting women to use several forms of bc and test every month is unrealistic. Women who think they are pregnant should test as early as possible. That has nothing to do with expecting women to test every month when they use their bc consistently.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:53 PM

41,935 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Crickets from the so-called pro-choicers in here. Go figure.
Sticking one's fingers in one's ears is not the same as crickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A women’s fertility, use of BC is private, unless she decides to bring a child into the world or abort one.
Her decision to end or continue the pregnancy also is private, until religious zealots started sticking their noses into every woman's uterus.

Quote:
. A woman’s fertility her use of bc or not is her private matter. How she controls her reproduction isn’t my business.
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
especially since you and many others continue to push for women overdosing on hormones
Isn't that what some forms of birth control do, too? Interesting that you don't see that.
Quote:
So many of you have a perverse compulsion to push for convenience abortion at all costs instead of just admitting that women need to be responsible for their own reproductive health and use birth control if they don't want a baby. It's a sick and twisted obsession.
What's sick and twisted is the insistence that women seeking abortion are perverse, that they don't take responsibility for their reproductive health, that they're not using birth control, etc etc etc. Give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I do think women need to take care in protecting against unwanted pregnancy. I also believe that women should have the option of abortion if they fail to use birth control or their chosen form of birth control fails.
Exactly.

Quote:
Depends on the woman and her personal cycle. You want to police all women from age 12 to 45, for their entire reproductive life to see if they’re doing it right?
Sounds right up the forced birthers' alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.