Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 04:59 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I came into the conversation when posters questioned another’s experience of not knowing they were pregnant for 3 months it isn’t unusual. Don’t you advocate for using two three methods of bc? Expecting women to use several forms of bc and test every month is unrealistic. Women who think they are pregnant should test as early as possible. That has nothing to do with expecting women to test every month when they use their bc consistently.
Haven’t seen anyone saying a woman should use 2-3 forms of birth control if a man uses birth control.

Nah, it’s not unrealistic, it’s so simple, and to be under the 6 week timeline…you simply continue to make excuses against it, just like saying the woman will have to keep the baby which isn’t true if it’s under 6 weeks.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-28-2022 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-28-2022, 05:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I thought this thread was about abortion, so what is the purpose of testing every month? She'll know soon enough, and testing doesn't preclude aborting a pregnancy.
If you want an abortion in case of an unintended pregnancy, finding out as soon as possible makes a lot of sense to me.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:04 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
A woman using one form of birth control if a man uses birth control certainly isn’t necessary.

Nah, it’s not unrealistic, it’s so simple, and to be under the 6 week timeline…you simply continue to make excuses against it, just like saying the woman will have to keep the baby which isn’t true if it’s under 6 weeks.
Any excuse.

Literally ... any excuse to not be responsible. Just can't say EVER .. yeah, being responsible is just easier all around.

It's so predictable it's sad.

On another note:

There's a great article titled I Regret Being a ****. ALL 18 year old women should read it. [the **** = s l u t ]
https://bridgetphetasy.substack.com/p/****-regret

Excerpt:
I lost my virginity at 17 to my boss at a restaurant where I worked. And a year later, I experienced my first sexual trauma. I felt damaged and dirty and I blamed myself. Everyone responds differently to these situations—I dealt with the overwhelming shame by becoming hyper-sexual and promiscuous.

The Culture was right there to pick me up and dust me off. I doubled down on being a proud **** and internalized the biggest and most damaging lie: that loveless sex is empowering. I basked in the girl-power glow of that delusion for decades, weaponizing my sexuality while convincing myself I was full of the divine feminine.

I was full of xxxx.

I told myself that because I could seduce a man, I was powerful. But as Perry says in her book, “...women can all too easily fail to recognize that being desired is not the same thing as being held in high esteem.” Deep down inside, I knew that to be the case. But as a defense mechanism, I crafted a man-eater persona. My mantras were rigid.

You can either have a career or a relationship—but you can’t have both.
  • [*]Intimacy is creepy.
  • Motherhood and children are a trap.
  • Sex is only about power.

###

Great article.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:06 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Her decision to end or continue the pregnancy also is private, until religious zealots started sticking their noses into every woman's uterus.
Only for those who don’t understand or pretend to not understand that a pregnancy always involves more than just the mother. Nothing religious about this. It’s basic biology. If you want an abortion and live in a state that bans them at 6 weeks you have a huge incentive to find out that you’’re pregnant as soon as possible.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:08 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No sore boobs? No concern over no period for three months?
No. It was not unusual for me to go 3 months without one. I had been off the pill for a year and a half by that time. Had nearly given up being able to get pregnant. I don't remember sore boobs, but they were already pretty big... got humongous as I neared childbirth.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If you want an abortion in case of an unintended pregnancy, finding out as soon as possible makes a lot of sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Any excuse.

Literally ... any excuse to not be responsible. Just can't say EVER .. yeah, being responsible is just easier all around.

It's so predictable it's sad.

On another note:

There's a great article titled I Regret Being a ****. ALL 18 year old women should read it. [the **** = s l u t ]
https://bridgetphetasy.substack.com/p/****-regret

Excerpt:
I lost my virginity at 17 to my boss at a restaurant where I worked. And a year later, I experienced my first sexual trauma. I felt damaged and dirty and I blamed myself. Everyone responds differently to these situations—I dealt with the overwhelming shame by becoming hyper-sexual and promiscuous.

The Culture was right there to pick me up and dust me off. I doubled down on being a proud **** and internalized the biggest and most damaging lie: that loveless sex is empowering. I basked in the girl-power glow of that delusion for decades, weaponizing my sexuality while convincing myself I was full of the divine feminine.

I was full of xxxx.

I told myself that because I could seduce a man, I was powerful. But as Perry says in her book, “...women can all too easily fail to recognize that being desired is not the same thing as being held in high esteem.” Deep down inside, I knew that to be the case. But as a defense mechanism, I crafted a man-eater persona. My mantras were rigid.

You can either have a career or a relationship—but you can’t have both.
  • [*]Intimacy is creepy.
  • Motherhood and children are a trap.
  • Sex is only about power.

###

Great article.
Bingo. It’s truly amazing how excuses are constantly made versus taking precautions, especially with folks crying about not being able to get an abortion, when taking a 5 minute test will put one within the 6 week timeline.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:15 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
No. It was not unusual for me to go 3 months without one. I had been off the pill for a year and a half by that time. Had nearly given up being able to get pregnant. I don't remember sore boobs, but they were already pretty big... got humongous as I neared childbirth.
Same with my second pregnancy. My first was the result of fertility treatment, so I knew to the day when I conceived. Second was a surprise, and I didn't figure it out for a couple of months. I was, however, not actively trying to prevent pregnancy and was thrilled to find out I was expecting again.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Taking a pregnancy test will let women know they’re pregnant asap and within the 6 week timeline. It’s really that simple.
That is today with ridiculous restrictions in some states.

Back when I was pregnant, one had to go to the doctor to get tested, with all the cost of a doctor visit and lab fee. They used to say every pregnancy test killed a rabbit, but that might have been an old wives tale?

Old 08-28-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That is today with ridiculous restrictions in some states.

Back when I was pregnant, one had to go to the doctor to get tested, with all the cost of a doctor visit and lab fee. They used to say every pregnancy test killed a rabbit, but that might have been an old wives tale?
Yep, that’s what we’re talking about, today, not wayyyy back in the day. So easy to take precedence and find out quickly today.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Haven’t seen anyone saying a woman should use 2-3 forms of birth control if a man uses birth control.

Why are you assuming the 6 week timeline for abortion is status quo? It's not. And in the few places with a 6 week limit, it will be challenged soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies