Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 05:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
When I told my story of not knowing I was pregnant for 3 months, I was trying to get pregnant. It took a year and a half after stopping the pill.
ok

Old 08-28-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Sure. Use 2 types of BC consistently each and every time, AND test once a week. While working fulltime and raising a couple of kids. Sure. Piece of cake. Never a slip up.
Yes, it truly is the mist difficult thing one can imagine. Peeing on a stick once a month in the comfort of one’s own home is so much harder than constantly complaining about abortion limits. Testing is so much harder than having an abortion at 16 weeks vs 5 weeks.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:56 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Sure. Use 2 types of BC consistently each and every time, AND test once a week. While working fulltime and raising a couple of kids. Sure. Piece of cake. Never a slip up.
Once a month is sufficient and if if one doesn’t have 5 minutes to take a test they’re going to have an extremely hard time making time for a kid.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:00 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Imagine the time and money lost going for an abortion!

Just such a difficulty.

Do you even hear yourself?

Old 08-28-2022, 06:02 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
I already explained why some/many women do not know they are pregnant by the 6 week limit. Your only solution seems to be testing once a week.
So, it would cost $4 to test every week, but is that more expensive than an abortion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
No, but you have heard several people say that if both partners have been sterilized and an unwanted conception occurs anyway, that they should just accept it as a consequence of male-female sex and continue the pregnancy despite doing everything humanly possible short of a hysterectomy to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. No abortion unless the mother's life is in (imminent) danger.
I have never heard or could I find cases where both partners were sterilized and the woman still became pregnant. I think that must be a wive's tale spread by abortionists.

Quote:
You were all going bananas after I said it took 3 months until I figured out I was pregnant. One of the reasons was we didn't have one dollar tests back then. We had to kill rabbits.
https://www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr/...small%20animal.

"Did you know that doctors used to test for pregnancy by killing a rabbit, mouse, or other small animal? From the late 1920s through the early 1960s, pregnancy tests involved injecting a woman's urine into the ovaries of a small animal. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), a hormone that concentrates in the urine of pregnant women, causes the ovaries of some animals to become deformed. So by cutting open an injected animal and looking at her ovaries, scientists could tell if the woman supplying the urine was pregnant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Only for those who don’t understand or pretend to not understand that a pregnancy always involves more than just the mother. Nothing religious about this. It’s basic biology. If you want an abortion and live in a state that bans them at 6 weeks you have a huge incentive to find out that you’’re pregnant as soon as possible.
In biology in the early 1970s, we learned that when the sperm fertilizes the egg, life beings. Of course, they weren't having casual sex, drugged sex, drunk sex at the rate they do today, and people took responsibility for their actions more often.

More and more it seems that convenience plays a MAJOR role in abortion. Gee, take a $1 test every week, use birth control faithfully - just too overwhelming for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo. It’s truly amazing how excuses are constantly made versus taking precautions, especially with folks crying about not being able to get an abortion, when taking a 5 minute test will put one within the 6 week timeline.
Again, abortion is convenient. They can not worry about birth control or taking a 5 minute, $1 test. I find that taking the easiest road is a top choice, along with "it's not my fault".

Old 08-28-2022, 06:02 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sure, but men don't get pregnant, so there's much less incentive for them to use birth control especially since you and many others continue to push for women overdosing on hormones or undergoing an invasive surgical procedure to kill the unintended baby as the easy way out.

So many of you have a perverse compulsion to push for convenience abortion at all costs instead of just admitting that women need to be responsible for their own reproductive health and use birth control if they don't want a baby. It's a sick and twisted obsession.
Why shouldn't the man shoulder his responsibility for his part in creating the pregnancy? An unintended pregnancy should be incentive enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How does that even matter? Women can and should just say no. Don't have unprotected sex. How hard is that?
Men refusing to use a condom do not matter?

Quote:
Bingo. It’s truly amazing how excuses are constantly made versus taking precautions, especially with folks crying about not being able to get an abortion, when taking a 5 minute test will put one within the 6 week timeline.
Multiple posters have shared how women with irregular periods will not uncommonly miss that six week window. The legislators who set the six week window are ignorant of female reproductive physiology and doing their best to outlaw most abortions.

Quote:
Back when I was pregnant, one had to go to the doctor to get tested, with all the cost of a doctor visit and lab fee. They used to say every pregnancy test killed a rabbit, but that might have been an old wives tale?
There was actually a test using female rabbits:

https://www.wise-geek.com/what-is-the-rabbit-test.htm

Old 08-28-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why shouldn't the man shoulder his responsibility for his part in creating the pregnancy? An unintended pregnancy should be incentive enough.

Multiple posters have shared how women with irregular periods will not uncommonly miss that six week window. The legislators who set the six week window are ignorant of female reproductive physiology and doing their best to outlaw most abortions.

Who said a man shouldn’t be responsible with birth control, and please be specific?

So test once a month. Takes 5 minutes. Problem solved.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Men SHOULD be responsible but if they are not, women bear the consequences which is why, as unfair as it is, women HAVE to be responsible.

Multiple posters have already explained how easy and cheap it is for someone with irregular periods to figure out if they are pregnant each month.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Men SHOULD be responsible but if they are not, women bear the consequences which is why, as unfair as it is, women HAVE to be responsible.

Multiple posters have already explained how easy and cheap it is for someone with irregular periods to figure out if they are pregnant each month.
Bingo

Old 08-28-2022, 06:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Who said a man shouldn’t be responsible with birth control, and please be specific?

So test once a month. Takes 5 minutes. Problem solved.
Testing once a month for an irregular woman in most cases will not catch a pregnancy within the 6 week limit that you think is so fair. This has been explained with an example about 2 pages up thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies