Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 05:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
WHY would any woman VOLUNTARILY submit herself to an unwanted pregnancy? That's just stupid. Sorry to be so blunt about it.
It seems that there are some people who truly don't understand "why" a woman and a man would take that chance. Why, when her period is usually regular, she would allow her husband/boyfriend to have unprotected sex at a time when she should not be ovulating.

I understand it. I can't imagine, if we were using condoms as birth control, I'd make the man I loved use a condom EVERY time we had sex. That's a diminished life, literally. And it sucks to be on the pill. And spermicide burns.

I don't understand people, who don't understand that.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:48 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems that there are some people who truly don't understand "why" a woman and a man would take that chance. Why, when her period is usually regular, she would allow her husband/boyfriend to have unprotected sex at a time when she should not be ovulating.

I understand it. I can't imagine, if we were using condoms as birth control, I'd make the man I loved use a condom EVERY time we had sex. That's a diminished life, literally. And it sucks to be on the pill. And spermicide burns.

There’s other options for women than the pill and spermicide.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:15 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:

Her choice to make, but that's knowingly accepting a 24% pregnancy risk. Think about it... The rhythm method is only 76% effective at preventing pregnancy. "When she should not be ovulating" is the tipoff. Timing that correctly is FAR from precise.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:48 PM

1,925 posts, read 557,027 times
Quote:

Understand what?.....that all of that is worse than an unwanted pregnancy? Weak argument.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
There’s other options for women than the pill and spermicide.
Ya mean "ol pokey", the IUD? No thank you. Somewhere just shy of 1/5 of them poke through the cervical opening with a sharp tip . . . and you can imagine why that would be unwanted. By either partner.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:55 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If parties consented to sex on the agreement that the man wears a condom, or that the woman is on the pill, why is lying about wearing a condom and lying about being on the pill different?
Condoms are used even when there is not a risk of pregnancy, as STD protection. Lying about condom use endangers other person's health and wellbeing, possibly even their lives.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Understand what?.....that all of that is worse than an unwanted pregnancy? Weak argument.
I'm not arguing, I'm informing.

And we're not all created just alike. I do understand that people with low libido would have little trouble resisting sexual urges, especially where a risk of unwanted pregnancy exists. Meanwhile, there are people in third world countries who are so compelled by their desire for the other person they are willing to risk death, literally, to be with them.

We're all approximations on the mean. Some people can't understand what would compel a couple to want to have sex with nothing between them, and those people might rather watch a movie than have sex of any kind so they don't understand this overwhelming passion that can lead to foolish choices.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:19 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
It's not supposed to be an argument. It is reality, human behavior, and it is an example of how unwanted pregnancy occurs.

What I don't understand is how many of you think that by repeating and repeating and repeating that people "SHOULD" be more careful, something will change.

Say something new. People are not being careless just to annoy YOU, and they won't respond to your admonitions.

Make an effort to objectively learn the reasons unwanted pregnancy happens. Hint: They can't be distilled into a word or sentence. Come up with ideas that don't involve you wagging your forefinger.

Yes, women need to be responsible for their sexual health. Some need to be educated, kindly, as to what responsibility entails.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:28 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
As a man, I really do not understand why or how women are still "accidentally" getting pregnant in the 21st century. It makes zero sense.

-You have condoms.
-You have a variety of contraception and birth control options.
-You have the pull-out method.
-You have oral and manual stimulation options.
-A woman can track her menstrual cycle and avoid vaginal intercourse on the days she is fertile.

None of this is rocket science.

So why are women still "accidentally" getting pregnant?
Are they idiots? Irresponsible?
Did their birth control some how fail?

What's going on?

"In a study of sexual trends in the United States, researchers at the University of Utah found that promiscuity is rising for women and declining for men. The number of women who've had sex with more than 15 partners has increased over the past few decades, from 3 percent to 7 percent.
The opposite is true of men, who are having sex with fewer partners than they did in previous years, the researchers said."
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...-sexually.html

Oh, yeah, the pull-out method. Can't possibly get pregnant that way. Yeah, condoms, that's 100%.

Tell me, do you often rush to blame women rather than men? Do you blame them for earning less, for instance? Is it their own fault, maybe because they're dumb and lazy, that earn $.83 for every $1.00 a man earns?

That's a really biased, no-win poll.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:31 PM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Some people can't understand what would compel a couple to want to have sex with nothing between them, and those people might rather watch a movie than have sex of any kind so they don't understand this overwhelming passion that can lead to foolish choices.
There is a reason why lust has been called one of the seven deadly sins.

We come into the world and make choices, which often determine our fate and the trajectory of our lives in a multitude of ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies