Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 02:15 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
When she goes to drop them off at daycare at x time each day, that’s a great time to pop her pill.

So many excuses to shirk responsibility in this thread and every other one like it.

P.S. Three under 3 is really not very common, especially for working mothers. Try again.
Have TWINS in your family? Better prepare. My SIL had newborn twins and a 2 year old. My Grandma had newborn twins when my Mom was 4. Still not school age.

Know your family history. Told my working daughter since twins run on both sides of your family, be PREPARED. Twins can be how a woman can have 3 under 3.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:22 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You inadvertently made a point. The emotional well being of the birth mother isn't taken into account nearly enough.
What point was that. I wasnt responding to your post.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:26 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Looks like once again we have an abortion-related thread that has been all but taken over by one poster. Copying and pasting the same info over and over again. I wonder if she thinks that making so many posts for "her side" of the issue will make it seem like a lot of people are agreeing with her. Stop feeding the troll, people.

At any rate, if a woman has an embryo or early fetus growing inside her, I believe she has a right to decide if she should allow it to keep growing inside her. In my opinion it is not a baby/person until it is born. It can be terminated at anytime up until it is old enough to survive outside the womb, and even later if severely deformed or mother's life is at risk. How or why she got pregnant is nobody else's business. It's not a morality or ethics issue to decide who is allowed an abortion.
I totally agree. It would seem so do most individuals, even in states that have moved to put excessive restrictions on abortion.
And again answering the question do women need to take more responsibility, well fertility rate, birth rate, number of births and abortions rates have all been decreasing at least over the past 30 years so I'd say they already are.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:34 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
You try again. If you think a life with 3 under 3 is not chaotic enough to make someone miss taking a pill, then I guess you must live a charmed perfect life where everything always goes according to plan. Good for you.
Those that can’t handle remembering to take a pill because of their daily lifestyle shouldn’t take on so much in their life, however, another option is to use another form of birth control as there’s so many options, if they forget to take their pill.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:43 PM

4,381 posts, read 4,231,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You inadvertently made a point. The emotional well being of the birth mother isn't taken into account nearly enough.
In Texas, mental health is explicitly ruled out for women to be medically eligible for an abortion.

I can see a surge in suicides as women who would have chosen a private abortion take their own lives before a pregnancy is visible and her condition is known to everyone. It doesn't help that hormonal changes at the onset of pregnancy can push a woman who was already emotionally vulnerable to that degree of desperation.

Everything about this discussion reinforces my opinion that decisions are best made by the people directly involved and not by outsiders, no matter how good their intentions. At the very least, the laws of a secular nation should not be based on, nor should prescribe or proscribe practices based on millennia of faith. Specifically, the beliefs of some sects of Christianity should not form the basis of laws that affect Jews, Muslims, adherents of other faiths or none at all. If thousands of years of practice of Judaism finds Jews today holding to the belief that life begins at the first breath, legislation counter to that should not exist.

My opinion is that sentience is the primary characteristic of a human being. We don't disconnect life support from conscious people without their consent. We routinely harvest organs from individuals of any age once sentience does not exist. The question for me then becomes at what stage of development is there a viable, sentient being. I don't know that we have an answer for that yet. Until we do, let's leave the decisions up to the people directly involved.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I totally agree. It would seem so do most individuals, even in states that have moved to put excessive restrictions on abortion.
And again answering the question do women need to take more responsibility, well fertility rate, birth rate, number of births and abortions rates have all been decreasing at least over the past 30 years so I'd say they already are.
Yet there’s still sOOO many unwanted pregnancies due to not using birth control, so yes, definitely need to take more responsibility, and it’s sOOO easy to do. Amazing how not taking responsibility is defended.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:58 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
A non viable fetus is one that has not grown and developed enough to live outside of a woman's womb.

You didn't know that? Then you have some reading to do before participating in this discussion.

That is the same problem many of the red state lawmakers have. They don't know medicine and they don't know how women's bodies work. Then they try to legislate what they do not understand.
My daughter’s SIL had her 20 week anatomy scan last week. Due to some concerns, had it repeated today at 21 weeks with a high resolution MRI. The fetus has severe genetic anomalies among them a brain that’s not developing correctly. Her doctors are advising termination since the fetus will not be able to live outside the womb and genetic testing to determine if she and/or her husband are carriers of a genetic problem that will make having a healthy child hard/impossible. They’re both heartbroken because this was a very much wanted and wished for child.

And among all that tragedy, they will have to travel to Virginia because NC doesn’t allow for termination after 20 weeks unless the mother’s life is at risk. Having to carry a baby to term that will immediately die isn’t sufficient enough a reason to allow an abortion. What a cruel policy.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Those that can’t handle remembering to take a pill because of their daily lifestyle shouldn’t take on so much in their life, however, another option is to use another form of birth control as there’s so many options, if they forget to take their pill.
I don't think you ever had 3 under 3, nor have you had the same responsibilities as a working mother in that circumstance. Speak about the things you are familiar with and stop expecting other people to be perfect all of the time.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
My daughter’s SIL had her 20 week anatomy scan last week. Due to some concerns, had it repeated today at 21 weeks with a high resolution MRI. The fetus has severe genetic anomalies among them a brain that’s not developing correctly. Her doctors are advising termination since the fetus will not be able to live outside the womb and genetic testing to determine if she and/or her husband are carriers of a genetic problem that will make having a healthy child hard/impossible. They’re both heartbroken because this was a very much wanted and wished for child.

And among all that tragedy, they will have to travel to Virginia because NC doesn’t allow for termination after 20 weeks unless the mother’s life is at risk. Having to carry a baby to term that will immediately die isn’t sufficient enough a reason to allow an abortion. What a cruel policy.
I agree that is terribly cruel. Good luck to them. At least VA isn't that far away... only a day trip at most.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I don't think you ever had 3 under 3, nor have you had the same responsibilities as a working woman in that circumstance. Speak about the things you are familiar with and stop expecting other people to be perfect all of the time.
If someone can’t do something that takes at most 30 seconds to do, they should make better choices in how to run their lives, especially since they’re so busy that they can’t remember to take take their pill, and don’t use birth control, and if they get pregnant then they’ve added even more to their plate as they’ll have at least 4 under 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies