Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 03:41 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Informed Consent I am going to ask you a question. IUD's do not prevent ovulation at all, and therefore fertilization. They prevent implantation in the uterus. Life begins at conception? So would IUD's be considered an abortion too?
I don't know why anyone would use an IUD to begin with. There's a risk of perforating the uterus, infection, and heavy periods are a frequent side effect. There's also the risk of an IUD causing infertility.

Quote:
Are IUD's killing babies too? When does a pregnancy start? Science consider pregnancy to start at implantation. That is when pregnancy hormones will begin, not at "conception". A conception test does not exist.

There are many Pro-Birth people who would ban IUD's for killing babies. Abortifacients is the term used.
Like I said, IUDs aren't really a good choice. Many women refuse to use them because they cause so many problems. They're not a popular bc method in the US.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Birth control, including sterilizations, will decrease the fertility/birth rates. It is not just abortions. Women wanting and having fewer or NO children will do that. Fertility rates have been declining for decades, even BEFORE Roe.

FYI, I am an only child by CHOICE born in 1948. My parents told they did not want any more children. Mom didn't have abortions, she used BC. Do not assume lower birth rates mean abortions.
No one needs to assume anything. It's mathematical fact: more abortions = fewer births.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't know why anyone would use an IUD to begin with. There's a risk of perforating the uterus, infection, and heavy periods are a frequent side effect. There's also the risk of an IUD causing infertility.

Like I said, IUDs aren't really a good choice. Many women refuse to use them because they cause so many problems. They're not a popular bc method in the US.
Avoided answering the question, I see.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The fact is, you do not care about the other 5%, if that is even the real number.
Guttmacher says it's 95%. At least 95% of abortions each year are completely unnecessary. I'll show the math on that if you don't understand how to get that stat.

Quote:
You want to stop all abortions just to punish the 95% you consider immoral Jezabelles.
I never said anything like that. What I keep saying is that if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, USE BIRTH CONTROL. You know... the TOPIC of this thread.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There will never be a perfect rate of taking birth control pills or any other medicine for that matter.

Why do you think they pay people in hospitals to dole out meds so the patient doesn't screw it up? Even with that mistakes are made.

If a woman has sex before she realizes she forgot her pill, she isn't going to be thinking she needs a backup method of birth control.

But, I agree with you that if life is overwhelming her, she should have the option not to take on more. Abortion is a solution to that for women who choose it.
There’s 13 forms of birth control for women. Forget to take the pill, have a backup.

Quite the strawman argument to folks in hospitals to defend not remembering to take a pill. Simple enough to set an alarm, put it by the sink in the morning, etc…, to easily remember.

Easier to be more responsible.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Good grief. Have you ever been a working mom with 3 children under the age of 3. Just one example of why normal routines get messed up in real life.
That's utterly ridiculous. Diabetics don't forget to take their insulin, and they inject 3 to 4 times per day. Why can't women manage to take ONE daily pill?

Old 08-04-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the red state legislators who wrote anti abortion laws that don't make it clear at what level of danger to the mother an abortion is allowed.

Example. Ectopic pregnancy is always a danger to the mother's life, and should be removed as soon as discovered. But in some states, doctor waits until the tube bursts before operating on the mom to be sure her life is truly, unequivocally at risk per the abortion law. . Not to mention that according to science the removal of an ectopic is not an abortion. Those lawmakers don't know the difference which is why they have no business writing laws on medical issues. They don't know science.
The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy isn't an abortion. Even Planned Parenthood admits that. I posted a link, earlier. The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is a salpingectomy. Entirely different procedure.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
That's utterly ridiculous. Diabetics don't forget to take their insulin, and they inject 3 to 4 times per day. Why can't women manage to take ONE daily pill?
Bingo…the excuses are amazing along with incompetence being defended.

Quote:
The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy isn't an abortion. Even Planned Parenthood admits that. I posted a link, earlier. The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is a salpingectomy. Entirely different procedure.
Bingo

Old 08-04-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
My daughter’s SIL had her 20 week anatomy scan last week. Due to some concerns, had it repeated today at 21 weeks with a high resolution MRI. The fetus has severe genetic anomalies among them a brain that’s not developing correctly. Her doctors are advising termination since the fetus will not be able to live outside the womb and genetic testing to determine if she and/or her husband are carriers of a genetic problem that will make having a healthy child hard/impossible. They’re both heartbroken because this was a very much wanted and wished for child.

And among all that tragedy, they will have to travel to Virginia because NC doesn’t allow for termination after 20 weeks unless the mother’s life is at risk. Having to carry a baby to term that will immediately die isn’t sufficient enough a reason to allow an abortion. What a cruel policy.
WRONG. There's still an injunction in effect blocking the ban on abortion after 20 weeks. She can have the abortion in NC.

https://wlos.com/news/local/whats-ne...ore-josh-stein

Old 08-04-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
What about the other 5% who did not get pregnant "voluntarily?"
Actually, they did get pregnant voluntarily. Since abstinence is the only method that's 100% effective, every woman accepts the risk of pregnancy when she voluntarily has sex even though that risk is very small when bc is used consistently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies