Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want Trump charged and convicted of something he did not do, if that's what it takes?
Yes. The ends justify the means. 40 23.67%
No. The truth and justice matter, even if that means Trump gets re-elected. 129 76.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 11:09 AM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Man I pray Trump will announce he will not run and just go away, so DeSantis can lead the country forward. I just don't see Trump winning again under any circumstances, nor would I really want to see him on a revenge tour in office. We need the focus on undoing the failed Democrat policies and filling any future SCOTUS openings with more constitutionalists.

I think the Democrats are making a huge mistake by trying to find something to convict Trump on. Democrats should be propping up the fat orange man so they can knock him down in a general election. But then again, Democrats are not the brightest bulbs even when surrounded by burned out bulbs.
Good one!!!

Old 06-30-2022, 11:13 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Isn't the idea of a trial there to present the proof? Plenty of cases go to court and can't be proven, thus the suspect walks. If there is enough evidence, he should be brought to trial where the evidence will be heard and presented.

And given the last few SC court decisions we've had, I'm unsure that Democrats have as much sway in the justice system as you suppose.
You are correct and this is why they have not brought Trump to trial. They don't have anything and couldn't secure a conviction.

So their best course of acton is to try him in the court of public opinion, as they are doing, where his side is not represented, no defense witnesses are brought forward, no defense evidence is allowed and no cross examination is allowed.

In the end, if they get what they want and Trump doesn't/can't run, Democrats will lose the White House. Their only chance to retain the Presidency is to actually run against Trump. Trump is the Democrat's winning ticket. I think they are trying to rip up their lottery ticket right now.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:16 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I would love to see a legitimate poll. Not the biased one you created. And not in this right-leaning anomoly of Americans.

Actual poll numbers have over half of America wanting him charged. I'm still undecided. I know he's guilty, but maybe not by the actual word of law in America. If he does not meet the criteria, then don't charge him. But let's be honest, everyone knows what he did. He said what he said, and AT BEST, he was negligent and cause it, but I don't think anyone really believes anymore that after so many of his own team told him the consequences, that he didn't have a reasonable expectation of what would happen.

Those that still support him probably just don't want to know the truth. Even his own AG told him. His own advisors. His own personal media outlets (Hannity, Ingraham, etc.). For once, he can't claim ignorance.
It's not biased at all. It's not about if you think Trump has committed crimes or not. That's not this discussion.

It's about how far are you willing to go to prevent Trump from being President again (which I think he will never ever be President again, regardless).

Would you be willing to accept a false charge and conviction if that's what it takes? Yes or No? Simple.

Regarding what he said, he said protest PEACEFULLY. That's not illegal. He also stated he lost because it was stolen from him. That's an opinion and opinions are not illegal. If they were, Hillary would be in jail because she claimed the same thing ever since she lost.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
And yet the idiot orange cadet bone spurs and his cowardly wimpy ways still managed to do a better job with no experience than the corpse with 50+ years of experience we have in there now. Way to pick em!

It's funny how the left keeps on bringing up the name "cadet bone spurs" while completely ignoring the fact that Brandon dodged the draft 5 times. He claimed that he had asthma yet played football and was once a lifeguard. William Jefferson Clinton also dodged the draft yet complete silence from the left about him too.

What a sad pathetic bunch of hypocrites they truly are.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You are correct and this is why they have not brought Trump to trial. They don't have anything and couldn't secure a conviction.

So their best course of acton is to try him in the court of public opinion, as they are doing, where his side is not represented, no defense witnesses are brought forward, no defense evidence is allowed and no cross examination is allowed.

In the end, if they get what they want and Trump doesn't/can't run, Democrats will lose the White House. Their only chance to retain the Presidency is to actually run against Trump. Trump is the Democrat's winning ticket. I think they are trying to rip up their lottery ticket right now.
What's really sad is this is what the left wants for the entire country. Guilt by accusation tried in a kangaroo court. Roland Freisler would be proud.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:00 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
The wording of the two poll questions is absurd, therefore not worthy of an answer.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:07 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
The wording of the two poll questions is absurd, therefore not worthy of an answer.
It is a perfect poll for this OP.
He can only be right or right.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:08 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
If there's enough evidence to charge Trump with breaking the law, then he should be charged.

I'll leave his conviction up to the law.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:17 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,253 times
Dumb poll with a biased/false premise.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:22 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Dumb poll with a biased/false premise.
Agreed.

I will paraphrase Winston Churchill when, as Prime Minister, he was informed that one of his bitter political enemies had died, and what should be done regarding funeral arrangements?

Churchill replied: "Embalm, burn, then bury. We'll not take any chances".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies