Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 01:47 PM

128 posts, read 168,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I don't like Harris much either. However, unlike Noem, Harris is not a zealot who thinks 10 year old girls who get raped should carry the resulting pregnancy to term. It is very clear that Noem is against human rights for women.

No, 9 million illegal immigrants are not going to have come to the US and stayed. The vast majority of them get tossed back into Mexico immediately.

Just how do you think Harris, or any VP, can stop drugs coming across the border? That hasn't happened for the last 50 years. If it had, then the price of illegal drugs would be far higher. It's not like drug shipments carry flashing signs. They are well hidden, and the volume of legitimate cross border traffic makes it impossible to stop all of the illegal shipments. Noem would have the same issues.
Where do you get your information??? You actually believe that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are apprehended and returned back to Mexico immediately under this administration???? You can't be serious. It's called catch and release, haven't you heard? They are flooding in at record numbers because they know they can under this administration. If you don't know that, the main stream media is better at manipulating people than I thought.

And as far a drugs pouring across the border, yes its hard enough to control when you have a controlled/closed border, much more so when it's and absolute free for all like it is now. That's not obvious to you? What other county in the world would tolerate this? And how do you feel about terrorist entering our county through our open southern border? That's a not a legitimate concern???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 03:54 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
So hot.
She could crash the economy and start WWIII and I’d still be smitten…
I have to laugh at that.
But I'll still raise you one:
She could crash the economy, start WW3, and wreck my pickup and I'd still be smitten...

(next)

Old 07-20-2022, 04:03 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have to agree that Kristi Noem is just not qualified. I like her, but she has little background/credentials for VP at this time. I didn't care much for Palin back in the day, but she is definitely WAY more qualified (not saying I would want her as VP because I would not).

If it ends up being DeSantis running, I am not sure who I feel would be the best VP candidate. A female would be nice, but it would need to be someone qualified and non-polarizing.
I agree.....but 2028 is looking good for KN.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:05 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebloke View Post
Where do you get your information??? You actually believe that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are apprehended and returned back to Mexico immediately under this administration???? You can't be serious. It's called catch and release, haven't you heard? They are flooding in at record numbers because they know they can under this administration. If you don't know that, the main stream media is better at manipulating people than I thought.

And as far a drugs pouring across the border, yes its hard enough to control when you have a controlled/closed border, much more so when it's and absolute free for all like it is now. That's not obvious to you? What other county in the world would tolerate this? And how do you feel about terrorist entering our county through our open southern border? That's a not a legitimate concern???
Title 42 is still in force. The Biden Administration is tossing illegal immigrants back over the border in huge numbers, and that's reflected in the CBP statistics. If you think that millions are being released into the US, please show proof.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:06 PM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Noem is not a capable, intelligent woman. She's just not very smart, and is utterly unqualified to be VP or President. Just like Sarah Palin was utterly unqualified, but for some reason, Republican voters got taken in by her alleged attractiveness(I never thought she was very attractive).

Noem has no experience running anything, no experience in international affairs, no knowledge of the military, no experience dealing with world leaders. She is just unqualified.
Well... she's had damn near 3 years experience running a state.

I think an argument can be made that the 'qualified' folks have made a proper mess of the country.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:12 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
I have to agree that Kristi Noem is just not qualified. I like her, but she has little background/credentials for VP at this time. I didn't care much for Palin back in the day, but she is definitely WAY more qualified (not saying I would want her as VP because I would not).

If it ends up being DeSantis running, I am not sure who I feel would be the best VP candidate. A female would be nice, but it would need to be someone qualified and non-polarizing.
I think that DeSantis would work well with Noem. In fact, that would pretty much be a dream team for the country. They've both got their priorities straight, they are sharp, decisive and overall decent human beings.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:31 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I think that DeSantis would work well with Noem. In fact, that would pretty much be a dream team for the country. They've both got their priorities straight, they are sharp, decisive and overall decent human beings.
Well, you could be right - it will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:54 PM

234 posts, read 95,393 times
Quote:

She is more qualified than Kamala

Old 07-20-2022, 04:55 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestar1 View Post
She is more qualified than Kamala
Infinitely.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:58 PM

6,095 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Only Desantis has a chance at being the next president in the Republican side the rest are pushovers. And if the Trumper runs game over the Dems win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies