Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 05:10 PM

1,752 posts, read 754,475 times

Advertisements

I think South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem is either running for President or Vice President in 2024.

Listen to this interview - going from my imperfect memory - here are some tidbits:

> She says another governor who she campaigned for praised her for being the 1st governor to keep things open during Covid. This enabled other governors (cough DeSantis cough) to copy her and do the same as it gave them cover to do it too when she started it as the 'lone' governor doing it.

>Her tough life, losing a father, struggling to pay inheritance taxes on the farm gave her such a deep view of America. The interviewer says she has broad appeal.

>Says she works across the aisle in South Dakota (aren't most SD Democrats kind of like NY Republicans though....meaning she would have an easy time working with them given that they are moderate?).

>She said she is BFFs with Tulsi Gabbard (D) and is reaching out to her to do something big with her on civil discourse and freedom.

>She says no one who wants to be the president should be the president. Quickly then says she doesn't want to be president, which is essentially saying she should be president. Says there could be 48 Republicans who want to be it (sure she was just using that as a figure of speech).

>Says the president needs to stand for freedom more importantly than anything else (she spent much of the interview prior with many ways in which she stands for freedom and did so more than any other governor).

>Praised Trump for letting her stand for freedom as governor during the lockdowns, but says Trump could be done with politics (please ) and the Republicans don't have a strategy for what is next.

I am just a goofy girl here, but she is either running for president or angling to be the VP choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIRwedTuzxs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 05:26 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
I dont see her as Presidential material just yet, but VP or something more meaningful...heck yeah.

I think she need to take 1 more big step on a bigger stage with mor responsibility first.

Florida is a huge state, so DeSantis has the edge...but I'm really tired of Ivy League White Guy lawyer types.

Old 06-29-2022, 05:43 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
So hot.
She could crash the economy and start WWIII and I’d still be smitten…

Old 06-29-2022, 08:09 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I think South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem is either running for President or Vice President in 2024.

Listen to this interview - going from my imperfect memory - here are some tidbits:

> She says another governor who she campaigned for praised her for being the 1st governor to keep things open during Covid. This enabled other governors (cough DeSantis cough) to copy her and do the same as it gave them cover to do it too when she started it as the 'lone' governor doing it.

>Her tough life, losing a father, struggling to pay inheritance taxes on the farm gave her such a deep view of America. The interviewer says she has broad appeal.

>Says she works across the aisle in South Dakota (aren't most SD Democrats kind of like NY Republicans though....meaning she would have an easy time working with them given that they are moderate?).

>She said she is BFFs with Tulsi Gabbard (D) and is reaching out to her to do something big with her on civil discourse and freedom.

>She says no one who wants to be the president should be the president. Quickly then says she doesn't want to be president, which is essentially saying she should be president. Says there could be 48 Republicans who want to be it (sure she was just using that as a figure of speech).

>Says the president needs to stand for freedom more importantly than anything else (she spent much of the interview prior with many ways in which she stands for freedom and did so more than any other governor).

>Praised Trump for letting her stand for freedom as governor during the lockdowns, but says Trump could be done with politics (please ) and the Republicans don't have a strategy for what is next.

I am just a goofy girl here, but she is either running for president or angling to be the VP choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIRwedTuzxs

Good VP for DeSantis.

It would be nice to see a politician chosen for merit who is not a tranny or some other type of freak.

Every time I see pics of Biden's cabinet and political appointees, it looks like an old time circus freak show. Liberalism must also make women obese and ugly, as most democrat women are a shade below hideous.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Good VP for DeSantis.

It would be nice to see a politician chosen for merit who is not a tranny or some other type of freak.

Every time I see pics of Biden's cabinet and political appointees, it looks like an old time circus freak show. Liberalism must also make women obese and ugly, as most democrat women are a shade below hideous.
monty python had better looking manWomen

Old 06-29-2022, 08:41 PM

1,752 posts, read 754,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I dont see her as Presidential material just yet, but VP or something more meaningful...heck yeah.

I think she need to take 1 more big step on a bigger stage with mor responsibility first.

Florida is a huge state, so DeSantis has the edge...but I'm really tired of Ivy League White Guy lawyer types.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Good VP for DeSantis.

I don't think it is constructive to call people circus freaks for their appearance.

You say liberalism makes women obese and ugly. Seems like a stereotype. I am very thin, fit, and I won best looking for my grade in the high school yearbook poll for both 10th and 12th grade....I am more liberal than conservative and my husband is a conservative/libertarian.

We can get along well, because we don't judge each other based on stereotypes.

100% truth....some of the best people I know are conservatives...others liberals....others libertarian. Just love each other.

Yeah yeah, I look like I am bragging now so to level it off I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder so you can hit me with the stereotype that young liberal women have mental disorders if you want. I don't mind.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:43 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Makes sense.

I don't think it is constructive to call people circus freaks for their appearance.

You say liberalism makes women obese and ugly. Seems like a stereotype. I am very thin, fit, and I won best looking for my grade in the high school yearbook poll for both 10th and 12th grade....I am more liberal than conservative and my husband is a conservative/libertarian.

We can get along well, because we don't judge each other based on stereotypes.

100% truth....some of the best people I know are conservatives...others liberals....others libertarian. Just love each other.

Yeah yeah, I look like I am bragging now so to level it off I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder so you can hit me with the stereotype that young liberal women have mental disorders if you want. I don't mind.
Do you wear ankle boots and have the “crazy eyes”?
Asking for a friend…

Old 06-29-2022, 10:05 PM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Just no. We don't need another crazy idiot Trumper type in a position of power. Plus, she's just not very smart.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
:d monty python had better looking manwomen
lmao!!!

Old 06-29-2022, 10:15 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
She definitely has a future and I'd be happy to vote for her if she's on a ticket with Trump or DeSantis. However, I feel like she needs a bit more 'seasoning.' In any case, she's doing a great job for South Dakota!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies