Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 07:28 AM

2,004 posts, read 865,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Further proof Trump should go away and stay away forever.
Yeah, and so should Rogan if he endorsed Sanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 01:46 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Joe gets in trouble for his opinions but he says he's no expert, it's just how he feels. So let the guy talk, he's a stoner bro with a podcast, not a guru. I'm surprised he hasn't been shoved out somehow, he's kind of a threat just by the free form style of his show.

The ivermectin thing was over the top, esp with CNN lying that he took unprescribed horse medicine.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:54 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Joe Rogan possesses more objective analysis, critical thinking, and meticulous inquisitiveness in his teeny tiny pink toe, than the entire hard news division at your average corporate alphabet channel.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:07 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
lol the left has moved so far.. That Rogan, Maher, and DeSantis are all now considered right wing or red. These guys are centrist leaning liberals or democrats and it's the woke left that has shifted so far away. It will cost them big time during the next 2 elections.
^ we have a winner

Old 03-19-2023, 06:50 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,152,851 times
Joe Rogan is a bit out there these days.

Ugh.

Old 03-19-2023, 08:52 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Yet another left leaning type abandoning the left all because of the Dems insane Clown World policies that are ruining this nation and marching us straight into a World War and financial ruin.

Old 03-19-2023, 08:55 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
DeSantis is already a puppet of George Soros and company. Didn't you know that ?
The division of the world in two is already clear. Where we live is dominated by the globalist Elite (owners of arms factories, "medicines", energy sources, finances, new technologies and the media) their names are already known. Presidents and politicians mostly represent them, not us. Democracy is over, because they want governments that have more and more power and that can manipulate, deceive people to sell their products. Clearer than with the plandemic, not even the water.
For that they fight against all the nationalist patriots who defend the identities and values of their countries.
Among them Putin and China, although they are less democratic governments, it is the same as the West, but not subject to the globalist Elite.
And then the emerging countries like Latin America, next to the Elite and the Muslim countries next to their kings and religious leaders who do not want to obey the globalist Elite.
Obama started the cold war and Biden made it hot. Hopefully we don't get to nuclear war. We must pray, please, that God gives us strength if an atomic bomb falls on us. Remember me.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:07 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Joe is a comedian at heart, been around the block a few times with various experiences. Goes to a think tank to meditate. Is pro weed and gay marriage, yet opposed to trans in sports. He’s all over the place, and shifts like the wind. He got very pizzed at his experience with Covid and will side with those who follow DeSantis on that platform and maybe woke. Spotify pulled many of his works because of racial language against Blacks and Jews.
He is popular because of his age with millennials. He fits their viewpoints of life, but he really does not dive deep into the workings of anything in particular. Just throws stuff out there. Want to follow his advice, good luck. I agree Biden is over the hill, but I’d love to wash all politicians over 65 out of Congress.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:25 AM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Joe is a comedian at heart, been around the block a few times with various experiences. Goes to a think tank to meditate. Is pro weed and gay marriage, yet opposed to trans in sports. He’s all over the place, and shifts like the wind. He got very pizzed at his experience with Covid and will side with those who follow DeSantis on that platform and maybe woke. Spotify pulled many of his works because of racial language against Blacks and Jews.
He is popular because of his age with millennials. He fits their viewpoints of life, but he really does not dive deep into the workings of anything in particular. Just throws stuff out there. Want to follow his advice, good luck. I agree Biden is over the hill, but I’d love to wash all politicians over 65 out of Congress.
Oh yeah? How many? Give us a number.

Are you calling Rogan a racist? If so, come out and say it. Otherwise, this is just you painting with an overly broad brush because Rogan voiced support for a politician you don't like.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:39 AM

174 posts, read 68,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
lol the left has moved so far.. That Rogan, Maher, and DeSantis are all now considered right wing or red. These guys are centrist leaning liberals or democrats and it's the woke left that has shifted so far away. It will cost them big time during the next 2 elections.
I believe this is true. Nobody can honestly say Maher is to the right. He's just not. However, he has been critical of the more progressive elements in the Democratic platform. I think he's concerned for the future of the party if they move so far to the left that they fail to address the needs of mainstream Americans. I also think he's concerned about the "woke" policy agenda that is alienating a lot of historically progressive voters. Whether or not the "woke" thing is an enduring element of the Democratic platform remains to be seen, but some people perceive it to be a problem right now and that's a reasonable concern for Maher to have.

Rogan is definitely a libertarian. His podcast is actually very interesting sometimes. I'd recommend listening to it if you haven't given it a try. He definitely has guests from all political viewpoints.

As for DeSantis, I think he understands the value of winning over some of Trump's base for purposes of the primary. So he's running hard to the right at this time. That's smart politics. I've met several former Trump voters who now say they will support DeSantis. There's no other candidate on their radar so, at least for now, he's the only game in town for people who voted Trump last time, but don't want to vote for him again.

I still think Trump will win the primary, unless he's in jail, which seems to be the current plan. That could backfire spectacularly though and we should all be skeptical of prosecutors charging politicians during an election cycle. Especially when they are charging their political opponents. District Attorneys are also elected officials and they're just as driven by political ambition as any other politician, so it's impossible to gauge how much of a role politics is playing in the Manhattan DA's decision to move forward. I seriously doubt Trump is innocent, but that doesn't change the appearance of this being politically motivated and that's not good for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies