Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 02:57 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Then give the parents' status. Let them get jobs, pay taxes and then we aren't paying for their kids.

We have an extreme shortage of entry level positions across the country. Families would gladly take temporary work visas and be allowed to legally work and live in the USA.

We need resources to process them for sure.
Or deport as the law requires and save money all the same. We have enough problems to deal with among Americans without inviting additional, largely poor, huge numbers of illegals to pour across our border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 06:14 AM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Illegals taking low paying, entry level jobs would have to have their living expenses subsidized by the taxpayer. We don't need them here. They would have virtually no income tax liability because of their many dependants. They are and would continue to be a burden to our society. We'd have to built more schools, housing, roads, etc. to accomodate them and their broods. It would further overcrowd our healthcare facilities and further deplete our natural and social resources.

We don't need all these entry level job businesses in our country. Many of them should just fold up and die if they can't find low income Americans to fill them.

We already have millions of visa over stayers in our country so no we don't need temporary visas to fill entry level jobs. The only temporary visas that should be kept in place are those for the agriculture industry and even at that more and more of those jbs are being mechanized.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:18 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
I’m a “lib”. I care about both. I believe most “libs” feel the same way as me.
Why would you think otherwise?

Old 06-30-2022, 06:40 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Of.course we care. Many of us are able to have more than one thought/concern/care at a time.
????????????????? It appears you do not appreciate the comic irony.

So why are you endorsing open borders, which requires a huge financial expense on the part of the federal government, and completely unconcerned about the cost, while suddenly upset about the cost of taking care of non-aborted babies?

Typical lib hypocrisy- the funds to take care of living babies is intolerable, but the expense for illegals is just fine.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:43 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I’m a “lib”. I care about both. I believe most “libs” feel the same way as me.
Why would you think otherwise?
Again- Comic liberal irony. You are too far gone to even see it.

You don't give a rip about THE MASSIVE COST OF TAKING CARE OF ILLEGALS, yet are concerned about the cost of taking care of non-aborted babies?

1. how many illegals have you taken into your home?

2. Have you paid additional taxes to take care of the illegals?

3. Have you taken measures to reduce fentanyl distribution from the illegals?

4. have you helped educate the illegals and provided them with healthcare?

Liberals LOVE anything that provides virtue signaling. However, if it costs them a dime of their own money, they are outraged!

Old 06-30-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again- Comic liberal irony. You are too far gone to even see it.

You don't give a rip about THE MASSIVE COST OF TAKING CARE OF ILLEGALS, yet are concerned about the cost of taking care of non-aborted babies?

1. how many illegals have you taken into your home?

2. Have you paid additional taxes to take care of the illegals?

3. Have you taken measures to reduce fentanyl distribution from the illegals?

4. have you helped educate the illegals and provided them with healthcare?

Liberals LOVE anything that provides virtue signaling. However, if it costs them a dime of their own money, they are outraged!
It’s not irony at all. You don’t believe we could be that empathetic when it comes to our own pocketbooks. The concept of paying for someone else with nothing in return is beyond your logic.
I do care about the massive cost. And if it is for children im ok with it because I believe we should take care of these kids.
And for the record, I have worked with and personally helped many hundred or undocumented children with their education and healthcare. In the schools, in the libraries, in the churches. Maybe even thousands at this point. And for no compensation. On top of that I have contributed financially well beyond what I pay in taxes.
I do not live a lifestyle that would make it easy for me to take in children at this stage of life - maybe if I were younger.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:53 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What are you talking about, Hawk?

In general, liberals are concerned with taking care of children, and illegal immigrants, and the homeless, and the mentally ill, and everyone else who is disenfranchised.

Liberals are RIGHTFULLY asking, WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL THE CHILDREN THAT WILL NOW BE BORN TO MOTHERS WHO DON'T WANT THEM?

You're not making a bit of sense.
Meanwhile, keep in mind that the illegals coming in will be having babies (American citizens) who will have to be taken care of by hard-working American taxpayers! Liberals talk out of both sides of their mouths--- and continue using taxpayer money to buy votes with "free" stuff and doing stupid things! As an example, now Buttigieg wants 1 $BILLION in hardworking taxpayer $$$$$ "to build diverse roads that are not discriminatory!!" SAY WHAT???

Last edited by columbusboy8; 06-30-2022 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-30-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Meanwhile, keep in mind that the illegals coming in will be having babies (American citizens) who will have to be taken care of by hard-working American taxpayers! Liberals talk out of both sides of their mouths--- and continue using taxpayer money to buy votes with "free" stuff and doing stupid things! As an example, now Buttigieg wants 1 $BILLION in hardworking taxpayer $$$$$ "to build diverse roads that are not discriminatory!!" SAY WHAT???
And these babies will grow up to be contributing members of society if we support their health and education. It’s up to hard working Americans to support that outcome. It’s better for the country and overall prosperity.

The prognosis for childen who grow up in the foster care system is not nearly as positive.

Last edited by foodyum; 06-30-2022 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-30-2022, 07:36 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
One never has to look far for the next instance of overt liberal hypocrisy.

As can be seen in the replies above they choose to deflect, respond with nonsense or ignore it.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
One never has to look far for the next instance of overt liberal hypocrisy.

As can be seen in the replies above they choose to deflect, respond with nonsense or ignore it.
And this response has zero to do with the topic. Just insults and puts down posters who give thoughtful arguments. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies