Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:32 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Least we are giving. Republicans keep cutting social programs budgets. Facts.
You don't "give" crap. It has been shown many times that liberals do not give nearly as much to charity as conservatives. Additionally, libs are so tight that they are terrible tippers as well to waiters and waitresses, who need tips to survive.

You advocate SOMEONE ELSE giving money THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE. You feel you have "done your bit" by only complaining and taking no personal action.

"You" don't do anything, but somehow think that because you virtue signal and show your heartfelt concern, it actually is some form of meaningful work or sacrifice.

The reason you advocate the GOVERNMENT giving illegals MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE is to receive accolades and praise from your fellow liberals while actually doing nothing yourself. Your level of commitment is as shallow as it gets and only done to achieve attention and praise from your fellow libs (who also personally do nothing).

If you are so concerned, why aren't you at the border helping all the illegals with food, water, and shelter? Why aren't you out there trying to arrange jobs for them? Answer: Any of that would take work, expense, and a real effort, which liberals refuse to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 06:49 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You don't "give" crap. It has been shown many times that liberals do not give nearly as much to charity as conservatives. Additionally, libs are so tight that they are terrible tippers as well to waiters and waitresses, who need tips to survive.

You advocate SOMEONE ELSE giving money THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE. You feel you have "done your bit" by only complaining and taking no personal action.

"You" don't do anything, but somehow think that because you virtue signal and show your heartfelt concern, it actually is some form of meaningful work or sacrifice.

The reason you advocate the GOVERNMENT giving illegals MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE is to receive accolades and praise from your fellow liberals while actually doing nothing yourself. Your level of commitment is as shallow as it gets and only done to achieve attention and praise from your fellow libs (who also personally do nothing).

If you are so concerned, why aren't you at the border helping all the illegals with food, water, and shelter? Why aren't you out there trying to arrange jobs for them? Answer: Any of that would take work, expense, and a real effort, which liberals refuse to do.
No, it has been shown that liberals give far more in taxes without their control (i.e. the money goes to programs that need it), while conservatives generally give "charity" to programs that benefit them personally, such as a new wing on their child's school or a new playground in their own neighborhood, or as the largest chunk, their own church.

Conservatives also write off their contributions (he certainly getting something back/benefiting themselves) more often than liberals do.

Conservatives give in a way that will benefit them. Liberals give with the idea of people who need it most, and for the most serious things (food, shelter, etc.), receiving.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:48 PM

1,719 posts, read 729,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
It’s not irony at all. You don’t believe we could be that empathetic when it comes to our own pocketbooks. The concept of paying for someone else with nothing in return is beyond your logic.
I do care about the massive cost. And if it is for children im ok with it because I believe we should take care of these kids.
And for the record, I have worked with and personally helped many hundred or undocumented children with their education and healthcare. In the schools, in the libraries, in the churches. Maybe even thousands at this point. And for no compensation. On top of that I have contributed financially well beyond what I pay in taxes.
I do not live a lifestyle that would make it easy for me to take in children at this stage of life - maybe if I were younger.
What are "undocumented children?" Please explain; thanks.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:57 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,768,906 times
I suggested the same thing when they suddenly show concern about who is going to pay for all of these unwanted orphans in states where abortion isn’t an option. These same people didn’t ask where the $50 billion to Ukraine was coming from, or the billions it costs to house, feed, educate, prosecute, imprison, and provide medical benefits for millions of illegals.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:15 PM

23,413 posts, read 12,470,991 times
Quote:
So where is this cadre of skilled laborers that can’t find work? What state? I’m trying to figure out why it so hard to find construction workers where I live and they are sitting around with no work where you live. This is just not what I have been reading or personally seen. Immigrants are not taking these jobs away in my home state of NJ or in FL where I spend the winter. They are begging for workers with more contracts than crew.
Where did I say that they can't find work? Maybe not in the same fields or for the same money, but there's always jobs. Good to know you'd be happy doing something else for far less money. lol. There you go again, slamming them to make yourself feel better about your own actions. "Immigrant's" haven't been taking these jobs, but illegals have been. Stop changing the subject to be about immigrants instead of illegals.

Old 07-01-2022, 11:48 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,245,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
What are "undocumented children?" Please explain; thanks.
Children without social security numbers.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:04 AM

8,195 posts, read 3,474,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
See what I mean? Hawkeye's post completely proves my point - lies, lies, and more lies. Since you lack the ability to respond to my post in an intelligent manner, you resort to insults instead. And when all else fails you make stuff up.

Despite what Breitbart and company tell you, liberals do NOT support "open borders." I do NOT support people climbing over border walls in order to enter the US illegally. I do not support people trekking across the desert (and sometimes dying) in order to enter the US illegally. I do not support people who hire a coyote to smuggle them into the US in a panel truck in order to get into the US illegally. This is just sheer nonsense on the part of conservatives who think that the only way they can win elections is by fear mongering.

See my reply above. Liberals have always care about ALL children whatever their circumstances may be. Your violent reaction makes me wonder about how much YOU care about children. I seem to have touched a nerve.

You need to take some deep breathes and calm down a little. Maybe you should go lay down on your couch and chill out; if you have an Ativan tablet, now might be a good time to take it.

Liberals do NOT "want abortion up until delivery. That statement is just one more example of a conservative parroting what he sees on OAN and Newsmax.

For a doctor, you are incredibly ignorant of the difference between an eight celled embryo and a child brought to term and delivered after 9 months in the womb.

Our society has pretty much decided to give men a pass when it comes to any children that they might father. If a woman tells a man that she is pregnant with his child, the guy can just turn around and walk through the door. He can then leave town and find himself a job working under the table somewhere. Men need to take responsibility and accept the consequences of their own actions. Period. This has nothing to do with politics.

I will thank you to quit lecturing a Christian about Christianity - especially when you display absolutely no acquaintance with the teachings of Jesus or any other part of the Bible.

I take it that you think you are a Christian or at the very least, you support Christian values. If someone has Christian values does this mean that they get to resort to name calling, rude and usually false remarks and perpetuating some of the most outrageous lies currently making the rounds in conservative echo chambers everywhere?

I have seen too many people who are Christian in name only - this really applies to fundamentalist "Christians." I was raised in a family of devout Christians although we were in no way fundamentalists. It is due to the teachings I received from the First Christian Church (Disciples' of Christ) that inform the values that I have today.

You and your fellow Republicans seem to have some deep need to demonize anyone who doesn't believe the exact same things that you do. In your twisted little minds you believe that Democrats are the anti-Christ and that our Country needs a good old fashioned Civil War to stomp all the evil liberals out. This is not the thinking of a devout Christian - it is the thinking of a lost soul who longs to strike out because he believes that everyone except himself is responsible for the quality (or lack there-of) of his miserable life.

When is the last time that you read the Sermon on the Mount or any of the other passages highlighted in red in the New Testament? When have you ever read Corinthians 13 and realized that those words applied to YOU along with every other human soul? From the King James version:

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
An embryo has a lot more than 8 cells.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:23 AM

62,856 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Children without social security numbers.
They are children here illegally aka illegal aliens! Where in our laws are illegal aliens described as children or adults without SS numbers? It's a lot more than that. No such thing as an "undocumented" either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies