Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 07:32 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Stop and frisk
No!!

Why would I tolerate someone violating my 4th Amendment rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 07:32 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do both of you really want to lock 17 year olds up for the rest of their lives. Time to show a little kindness.
If a 17 year old commits a crime that involves a gun, I have no issue locking them up for the rest of their lives. None whatsoever.

And I write that as a responsible gun owner who has done thousands of hours of training with firearms of all types. I am not scared of guns, I don't want them banned and I am for the 2nd Amendment. That said, I know how a gun works, and they don't magically appear in your hand in a crisis moment where you suddenly make some life/death decision you never gave any thought to. Nope.

To harm someone with a gun, you need to have the gun and the bullets. To do that, you need forethought and premeditated actions aplenty. You have to find the gun and the bullets. You have to buy the gun and the bullets. You have to load the magazine with the bullets. You have to then grab that gun and leave your house with it. You then have to put the gun in the ready to fire state, draw it, aim it, and then fire it.

NONE OF THAT happens by f**king accident. Nope. You have to want to kill someone to do it with a gun. If a 17 year old went temp insane and choked someone out with their bare hands, or grabbed the nearest heavy object and killed them, then I'd be more inclined to say "oh no, they just temp freaked out and we should consider that." But not with guns. No no, you shoot a gun, a whole bunch of effort on your part happened before you ever pulled that trigger.

Bury them under the jail, toss them in an oubliette, drag them by their neck around the public square, whatever. I don't GAFF, because NOBODY uses a gun to initiate force without giving it lots of forethought and malice.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:34 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Um...no. Common sense CRIMINAL control would have prevented that. Mandatory, long min sentences. 3 strikes laws. Locking up criminals for property crimes. Putting prisoners behind bars until they come up with bail. NOT letting them out of prison because they might catch a cold. As you said though-NYC. Some of the most regressive, backwards gun laws in the country, where it's virtually impossible for a citizen to get a carry permit, where buying is very severely restricted, and where cops flood the streets. Right along with the criminals, due to the policies of the leadership of the city and state. Democratic leaders empathize far more with criminals than with the American citizens that are their innocent victims, ensuring that criminals are free to prey time after time. The blood of the victims is on their hands.
George Soros has entered the forum...

Old 06-30-2022, 07:35 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care. I've been the victim of a violent crime and I am saying NO to Stop and Frisk. I do not want some officer randomly stopping me off of a hunch. If I am obeying the law, leave me alone. And I do not agree with banning weapons either. I have a gun. I refuse to listen to anyone's argument on banning guns. I refuse to listen to anyone's argument on expanding Stop and Frisk. I regard S&F as taking my freedom away.
This.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:40 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Ben Franklin wouldn’t even be able to comprehend the danger of present day back in the 1700’s. I guarantee you he would be singing a different tune if he was able to see what the world has become.

We are a completely immoral society, not to mention that we’ve gone from 3 rounds per minute back in Franklin’s day to hundreds of rounds per minute today.

It’s very easy to see the left’s argument about banning all weapons. The only thing stopping me from joining them on that issue is that once we all are disarmed, we will be easily conquered and all our freedoms will be taken away. It’s a guarantee that will happen. That’s no way to live.
Franklin would also not be able to comprehend how we have taken the Constitution to levels of stupidity that even those great founders could not foresee.

Most likely, he would call for an armed revolution against the tyranny of the government he was trying so hard to move us away from.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:42 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This.
There is something I find ironic about those championing Stop & Frisk. They don't bring up that it could lead to violations of the 2nd Amendment. It's your right to have a gun.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:44 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Mother walking with baby stroller fatally shot in NYC, in good area on Upper East Side (link). These guns are out of control. The Justices of the Supreme Court liberated these guns to wreak havoc. Common sense gun restrictions would have prevented this grizzly murder. The guns must be brought under control.
Where's the corresponding thread you started when Jay Bishop was randomly executed by an Antifa terrorist? Can you link to that for us?

Old 06-30-2022, 07:48 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
The incident has nothing to do with gun "control". Seems to me it was not a random shooting.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The incident has nothing to do with gun "control". Seems to me it was not a random shooting.
It is almost certainly a targeted shooting. Not random.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:51 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
It is almost certainly a targeted shooting. Not random.
Ah an early morning agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies