Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2022, 09:46 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not me. Said psycho would have stabbed her, hit her with a pipe(or bat), ran her over with a car (the Waukesha parade killer also used his SUV to run over his ex-girlfriend).
Exactly. Dude is a monster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 10:15 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Does any sane person believe, without a gun, this woman would still be alive?
I do. Its hard to stab someone to death. They scream, lie on the ground and kick.
Quote:
The case is illustrative of how mistaken eyewitness identifications frequently are the results of improper or suggestive police procedures, Raley said. Ten years ago this month, Siler was attacked by a man with a box cutter at a bus stop. Lying in a hospital recovery room, Siler gave detectives a description of a man in his 20s. The next day police spotted and apprehended Wilson, 41 at the time, at the same bus stop wearing clothes, including a black stocking cap, similar to those the assailant had worn.
https://www.northwestern.edu/newscen.../02/bluhm.html

Old 07-02-2022, 10:43 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I do. Its hard to stab someone to death. They scream, lie on the ground and kick.

https://www.northwestern.edu/newscen.../02/bluhm.html
In my parts, feral hog hunters don't use guns to kill hogs. They use a knife. The hogs don't scream or lie on the ground and kick. They just die. Mind you, the hunters are pretty skilled at it, killing several hogs a day. An unskilled hunter might not survive the hog so there is that but a thug might be considered a skilled knifeman if a knife is what he uses.

A human being, especially a woman, is no comparison to a hog.

Just saying.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:49 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly. Dude is a monster.
The same can be said for old classmate of mine from high school, he's currently doing life in prison for murder. His weapon of choice was a knife. He stabbed the victim several times. A psychopath.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:50 PM

393 posts, read 261,157 times
Guns are not the core of the problem; the fact that criminals can get them easier than law-abiding citizens IS the real problem.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:54 PM

This was 5 years ago. A woman murdered her boyfriend. Her murder weapon: A car. Basically, he broke up with her. She got really angry and ran over him, killing him. Living proof that if you take guns away, violent people will use something else. In this case, a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NPr2xG-_3I

Old 07-02-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Dragon View Post
Guns are not the core of the problem; the fact that criminals can get them easier than law-abiding citizens IS the real problem.
We also have a violence problem. People who believe that violence is the answer. We have killers using knives, bats, pipes, even running people over with cars.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Rosa Parks..."Its the citizens duty to BREAK unjust laws"

Old 07-03-2022, 02:50 AM

908 posts, read 441,006 times
While I'm not one to argue that New York state should necessarily adopt a constitutional carry scheme , there's no reason to believe why a properly set up shall issue carry scheme ( as opposed to the ridiculous jump through unjust hoops one which was recently put in place ) would result in higher violent crime rates .

In fact unless I'm mistaken I do believe that NYC in particular has been experiencing an increasingly severe violent crime wave since at least the time of the BLM related riots starting over two years ago , therefore it seems rather spurious to claim that the recent Supreme Court ruling had anything to do with incidents like the one that's been described in the OP .

IMHO every respectable adult American citizen should have the inalienable right to conceal carry a firearm , whether it be under a sensible shall issue or constitutional carry state level scheme .

Old 07-03-2022, 04:07 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
what good are any of these laws when the police just give them an appearance ticket and let them go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies