Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2022, 08:55 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
With protection like we have seen the last several months who needs enemies, I can't wait for you to take on an assailant with an AR-15 should be a fair match.
Well, I will keep on using my gun to protect myself, especially now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 09:07 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Thing is, defending you isn't someone else's job. It's yours. If you were my next door neighbor, my guns would neither pose any danger to you, nor would they provide you any protection.

That you abdicate your own self-defense and figure government will be there for you...well, that's on you. Me...I'll keep owning firearms, just in case.
That's why we have police and not novices that think they are in some way capable.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
With protection like we have seen the last several months who needs enemies, I can't wait for you to take on an assailant with an AR-15 should be a fair match.
I have a friend who got robbed in front of a supermarket just recently. The supermarket is located in a very nice neighborhood.

It's a wake up call for me. I used to listen to both sides and try to understand the logic of gun restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I still believe there should be common sense gun laws, I just haven't heard any good suggestions. Banning ar15 does not make any sense.

Look, the world is a crazy place. Many people just get a bit crazy after almost three years of pandemic. I think everyone should grow a vegetable garden and own a gun. Soon, many people cannot even afford food, even if you live in a nice neighborhood, it is not going to protect you .

Old 07-11-2022, 10:03 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
That's why we have police and not novices that think they are in some way capable.
Ok then. So if the police are so good at protecting folks, how did the mother walking with a baby stroller get fatally shot?

No, the police are not there to protect you when you need them. They are somewhere else. That's why there are so many robberies, rapes and murders. I'll take being a novice with a gun over waiting for the police to save me from being murdered, any day of the week. I'm not a novice by the way, neither do I have any defensive guns. But I used to have.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:45 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
You have a complete misunderstanding of the situation.

Civilians who are gun enthusiasts know MORE about firearms and are better shooters than the average cop or military person. Now, if said cop or military is also an enthusiast then they will be as good or better than most civilians.

The average cop/military only shoots once each year at qual time and probably never touches their weapon in between quals.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:50 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
SCOTUS scuppered that.
No they didn't. It's still illegal for PEOPLE to use guns illegally. Criminals don't and can't get carry permits. Your thread is idiotic.

New York will find a way to restrict only the LEGAL from owning and carrying guns. Only criminals will have them which is WHAT YOU WANT.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

New York will find a way to restrict only the LEGAL from owning and carrying guns. Only criminals will have them which is WHAT YOU WANT.
Isn't that the truth

I dont want to be the one good guy without a gun when every criminal out there has one.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:16 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Why should defending yourself against an ASSAILLANT intending to harm or kill you be a FAIR MATCH? You are incredibly nonsensical.

Wow. The point of defending yourself against attackers, often MULTIPLE attackers today, is to STOP THE THREAT to you and your family any way possible.

An AR-15 is a semi auto rifle, no different from any other, except they look scary to pansies who've been brainwashed by the media. Says a lot about those people, doesn't it?

Old 07-12-2022, 05:18 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
You have higher odds of dying in a car accident or by a vicious dog than being in a mass shooting.

So what bus do you take to work?

Old 07-12-2022, 05:28 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Ok then. So if the police are so good at protecting folks, how did the mother walking with a baby stroller get fatally shot?

No, the police are not there to protect you when you need them. They are somewhere else. That's why there are so many robberies, rapes and murders. I'll take being a novice with a gun over waiting for the police to save me from being murdered, any day of the week. I'm not a novice by the way, neither do I have any defensive guns. But I used to have.
He came up behind his ex and shot her, do you think a gun would have made a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies