Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:16 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Great, a new vaccine to fight a version that has mutated out of existence. Yet I'm sure our totalitarian dictators will mandate the new jabs, in spite of it's uselessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 06:20 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
But every new version is now the worst and yet the data proves otherwise. It's just a way of grabbing clicks and influencing power.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:23 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
It will peak just in time for the election! Sorry folks but we're going to have to use the emergency 2020 election rules again. We're sure you understand, and will accept the legitimacy of the results...or else.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:24 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
I think that the J6 should incorporate this into their hearings.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:24 AM

19,799 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
July 2022 - We really mean it. BA.5 is the worst one yet, it's spreading like wildfire. We need an updated vaccine, but even if not we need people to ensure they got their booster of the same original "vaccine" because it works.

December 2022 - We really mean it. BA.6 is the worst one yet, it's spreading like wildfire. We need an updated vaccine, but even if not we need people to ensure they got their booster of the same original "vaccine" because it works.

July 2023 - We really mean it. BA.7 is the worst one yet, it's spreading like wildfire. We need an updated vaccine, but even if not we need people to ensure they got their booster of the same original "vaccine" because it works.

Dec 2023 - We really mean it. BA.8 is the worst one yet, it's spreading like wildfire. We need an updated vaccine, but even if not we need people to ensure they got their booster of the same original "vaccine" because it works.

July 2024 - We really mean it. BA.9 is the worst one yet, it's spreading like wildfire. Since we don't have an updated vaccine we need to make sure that everyone is safe while they vote so we need to go to a 100% mail-in ballot process and everyone still needs to make sure they are boosted with the original "vaccine"

Thre is a story that the Covidans should read called "The boy that cried wolf".

Seriously, how many times have we heard that before, and how many more times will we hear it?

For MY post, I started to type "Oh, that again, YAWN" -- but I realized that would probably offend a great many people, so I refrained. But then I read your post above, and I literally laughed out loud. (Thanks, I needed that!) You expressed what I was thinking so much better than I would have. Sorry that I couldn't rep you again yet.

(However, the truth of what you said is actually very sad, btw.)

Old 07-01-2022, 06:28 AM

1,997 posts, read 862,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
Nobody cares anymore. Anybody still wearing a mask is either immunocompromised or stupid.
Yes, wearing a mask could be stupid. Except if its Halloween or if you want to rob a bank? But, wearing an N95 is smart if you are in a confined area or populated building with the general public. I suppose it depends on your definition of a mask or your definition of stupid.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:35 AM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Did anyone catch the Brazilian president talking about it on Tucker last night? Says he lets his people do what they want. Says the world disregarded effective treatments (Hydroxy and Ivermectin) and that the world leaders got a taste of power and wouldn't let go.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:37 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
As far as being more transmissible, a successful variant will always be more transmissible than the one it replaces or it would not take over. As for whether we have will have more specific vaccines, the answer is very likely yes. But Omicron could be supplanted again by fall with something that evades the new formulations.

Covid is not gone, and it is not going away, so the question is will our vaccinations and prior exposure protect us from serious complications should we get it again? It does seem that way, but covid has been around for three years now and many have new comorbidities that they developed in that time increasing the risk. Then, every day we get older and eventually our immune systems, vaccinated, exposed, or not, will fail to stop the virus and we will die from it. That critical age is different for everyone.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:40 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Just in time for the mid terms.

If Covid is anything, it's punctual.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:55 AM

25,702 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

Sorry, the little boy got his ass kicked out of town a long time ago.

And "the most deadly covid yet!!!" exists only BECAUSE of the worthless Blood Clot Shotâ„¢.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies